PDA

View Full Version : “Interdependent Structures” of the Wing Chun Stance

Metal Dragon
09-20-2006, 01:21 PM
Hello from Louisville Kentucky:

I study wing chun with a master that is collecting students like the Pied Piper of Louisville, and has become pretty popular in the metro area with his fighting skills, which I have seen first hand. And I’m now, happy to say that he is my “Sifu”. I have study in a wing chun system called “American Wing Chun” with Grand Master Henry Cook here in Louisville for 1 year, and can say that this system that I’m in now is incredible. :cool: :D :)

When I play chi sao with my Sifu, I can’t feel his hands in the “poon sao” rotation or structure and his energy is amazing. When I started, it were only 5 students in the class, now its 63 students within 7 weeks of time from the school opening. The traditional or Chinese version of wing chun really flicked on some switches inside my head. Here is an article my Sifu made, and we all here in Louisville would love to share it with you. Here is the article. (http://www.detroitwingchun.com/kenart1.htm):) :) :)

May God bless you all, because I know I’m blessed!

Metal Dragon

anerlich
09-20-2006, 03:20 PM
It appears this school is aligned with Ali Rahim and the Silent Warrior Association somehow.

Not that there's anything wrong with that ... :D

Metal Dragon
09-20-2006, 04:05 PM
It appears this school is aligned with Ali Rahim and the Silent Warrior Association somehow.

Not that there's anything wrong with that ... :D

Yes Sir, It’s way more then that, he’s the owner of the school; we are all students of his. Thanks for your reply anerlich.

leejunfan
09-21-2006, 04:31 AM
I have study in a wing chun system called “American Wing Chun”

I'm confused? American wing chun?!?!?

anyway, I'm glad that you found something you are passionate about.

Metal Dragon
09-21-2006, 06:33 AM
Wow, I’m more than “passionate”. This guy is good for real;) , and with true striking power, I mean I’ve never seen anything like this before accepted on cable:eek: .

There are other kung Fu instructors in the Metro Louisville area that have their own schools, they all signed up with my Sifu, as their assistants run their classes. One guy even shut his school down, but Sifu now let him run his classes out of our school.

toddwc
09-21-2006, 10:51 AM
Thats always great to hear when people find what there looking for

Metal Dragon
09-22-2006, 09:48 AM
Thats always great to hear when people find what there looking for

Hey!Thanks alot toddwc :) ;) :D!!

Metal Dragon
09-26-2006, 08:23 AM
I was taught to always hold the stance. If you break the stance in drills, forms or whatever, you would lose three months of training. If you stay coincident with the basic, you can’t help but get good. My sifu trained Sil Lum Tao for seven years; no one in class can push him from his stance, It’s amazing to watch. :) :) :cool:

Seven Winds
11-16-2007, 02:12 PM
All that Metal Dragon has said is true. I've had the great opportunity to study with him in during some of his rare California visits. I'm fortunate to study under his number one student, Master John Smith and his number one, Master Gaano Gadson on occassion although not for awhile and unfortunately due to my laziness of course. I recommend taking any chance you may have to meet or study under Grandmaster Cook.
I find it unfortunate there isn't more buzz or information on him but many know so maybe his techniques will spread. In my own selfish world I kinda hope not too quickly.

Blake Hartzell
blake.hartzell@mitchell.com

Ali. R
11-16-2007, 02:47 PM
All right, my class just walked in, I’ll be back tomorrow!!!

Ali Rahim.

Ali. R
11-16-2007, 02:59 PM
Here's Mr. Cook...

http://taletha.com/GMCmain.htm

Ali. R
11-16-2007, 03:35 PM
You down play people a lot don’t you…

What happen to all that respect... Speaking of one’s straw men?

Ali Rahim.

Graychuan
11-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Here's Mr. Cook...

http://taletha.com/GMCmain.htm

Good to see he has expanded his site. Looks good.

~Cg~

Ali. R
11-17-2007, 06:08 PM
Good to see he has expanded his site. Looks good.

~Cg~

I hear that he’s doing real well also…:cool::D

Ali Rahim.

Wayfaring
11-17-2007, 06:23 PM
Yes Sir, It’s way more then that, he’s the owner of the school; we are all students of his. Thanks for your reply anerlich.

Should we be imposing an advertising tax on this guy? Kind of like Google AdWords?

Ali. R
11-18-2007, 08:15 AM
Should we be imposing an advertising tax on this guy? Kind of like Google AdWords?

:confused::confused::confused:

You are right, for some it’s a bad thing to have respect for your own “Sifu”…:D

Ali Rahim.

Wayfaring
11-18-2007, 08:31 AM
:confused::confused::confused:

You are right, for some it’s a bad thing to have respect for your own “Sifu”…:D

Ali Rahim.

I think we should handle it on a volume basis like Google does. A few incidents here and there - ok. But if we start seeing all sorts of new people signing up for the forums talking like this, then TAX TIME BABY!!!!

Ali. R
11-18-2007, 08:40 AM
What’s wrong with new faces, if one loves his or her sifu, pleases keep your month shut,, is that right?

If that’s the case, more then half of the people here needs too be audited!!!:D:):D

Ali Rahim.

Graychuan
11-19-2007, 08:33 AM
:confused:

Is it just me or are we missing a couple of posts in this thread?

~Cg~

Ali. R
11-19-2007, 08:54 AM
:confused:

Is it just me or are we missing a couple of posts in this thread?

~Cg~

Yeah, just the attacks from other posters, no big deal right? :):D;)

Ali Rahim.

Graychuan
11-19-2007, 09:16 AM
Yeah, just the attacks from other posters, no big deal right? :):D;)

Ali Rahim.

:D:D:D:D:D:

Ali. R
11-19-2007, 09:20 AM
:D:D:D:D:D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2T_usI1WPY

Ali Rahim.