PDA

View Full Version : What is your Internal Training?

Kumkuat
07-07-2001, 06:09 PM
I do standing post. Then after a few minutes, I stand with something slightly heavy in my hands (around 1-2 pounds) and try to hold it without using a lot of arm muscle. Then I try to lift it up and stuff.

I also do some single arm silk reeling and double arm silk reeling exercises. I guess I do 4 different types of those single and double arm silk reeling exercises, but by changing the direction of those, I guess I do around 8 different ones.

Then I do Lao jia first form up to the 3rd "pounds mortar."

I also go to my gym and push on the punching bag with my hands, shoulder, and elbows withouth trying to use much arm muscles; but I do this rarely because I feel kinda stupid just pushing the bag while the others are kicking or punching the **** out of it.

I don't do this every day, just when I have time and when I remember. I'll probably be more dilligent once I find a good teacher to study under. So what are you guys' internal training like?

TheBigToad
07-08-2001, 01:29 AM
Umm standing, standing and more standing and then I do some Cloud hands exercises. Standing is seriously the internal foundation layer for sure. I stand with the void/wuji for 10 min then with the hugging the tree posture for 10 min and then holding my arms out like I was pushing something for 10 min I do this in the morning and before I sleep at night EVERYDAY. The cloud hands I like because it as a lot of Taijiquan elemts too it so I don;t feel so lacking in Taijiquan and it lends it's self very well to the movement of both Xingyiquan and Baguazhang.

I am the big toad and this is my pond.

unclaimed effort
07-08-2001, 02:31 AM
Forms...

I can be like one of those philosophers who hide everything in poems, but instead I can tell you the true secret of martial arts in one word:

PRACTICE!

wufupaul
07-08-2001, 03:37 AM
I do something different everyday, I like to mix it up. One day for chi kung I might post, another day I might do a chi kung form. When I practice Tai Chi, I work on the basics, then on some of the forms. Bagua practice is chi kung, walking, and moving through the postures(I'm a beginner). I also like to push hands as often as possible, or, if no one is around, I'll strike the bags and work on fajing and/or throws. I think the most important thing is to do something everyday, even if I am lazy.