PDA

View Full Version : A sneak preview

hskwarrior
09-24-2006, 09:29 PM
Since I got alot of support for the video clips i've been posting, I thought i'd share a rough cut of the video clip for the promotion of my school.

I wanted your opinions on how it's coming so far, what you would like to see (meaning more pad work, applications) and such.

I like this one, and i hope you guys will too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M52KN578Iok

Dragkin
09-24-2006, 10:04 PM
I thought it looked pretty good on the whole. I think it would do good to maybe have a few more application clips and on a technical level add a few more shots of a woman doing some stuff to kind of get that in there - but overall its pretty good. Btw - as an off note, did you see the Plumblossom Federation's tournament the other week? I saw someone that looked a lot like you there.

hskwarrior
09-24-2006, 10:33 PM
I was at the Tournament for the Plum Blossom with my girl and one of my students (the girl doing the kicks).

and thanks for your comments on my video clip. its not done yet, and i will put the girl punching the pads, and more applications.

thanks bro.

sholo86
09-25-2006, 12:03 AM
Good clip, but I think the background music does not fit the message you wanted to convey to the public about your Kwoon. As cool as the beat of the tune was, there were just too many cuss words and racial slangs in it. You have to be carefull of what you put out there especially when it generally represents your style/school. It gives people the wrong idea. This might send the message that you, your school, and your students tolerate this type of language in class or during training sessions. Not good in my opinion.

Just a little constructive criticism from someone outside looking in :)

hskwarrior
09-25-2006, 05:46 AM
I see where you are coming from, and although i feel music is music regardless of the words, I do plan on finding a good instrumental that has the same energy of that song.

but all in all, what did you think of the clips?

sholo86
09-26-2006, 02:26 AM
You did mention it's not completed yet, but so far it looks pretty good.

hskwarrior
09-26-2006, 06:48 AM
sholo

yeah, i did mention (i believe in one way or another) that its not completed. thats why on the heading of the clip i say this only a test....

but i'm glad you liked it. I am changing the music to use an instrumental one instead. Still have a few more things to record, then i hope i'm done.

can't lie though, this sheet is fun.

frank

Eddie
09-26-2006, 07:01 AM
i cant open it for some reason. it only shows the first few seconds.

hskwarrior
09-26-2006, 07:22 AM
eddie,

keep trying.....i just tried it and it worked.

in the beginning there is a black screen then it starts.

hskwarrior
09-26-2006, 09:33 AM
Ok,

I changed the music and added a few things in there.....

I am still going to add more, but thats all coming.......

check this out and tell me what you think.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgCIea2lhrk