PDA

View Full Version : KFM on google homepage

bodhitree
09-26-2006, 07:39 AM
How come theres no option for you guys on a google homepage?

GeneChing
09-26-2006, 10:43 AM
I'm not sure what you mean exactly...

bodhitree
09-28-2006, 05:02 AM
If google is you homepage and you choose to customize then there are websites there you can add. Another Martial arts forum that I read (though don't enjoy nearly as much:rolleyes: ) has a link there, it always displays some new threads on the little window and you can just get to here from the google homepage. Please excuese my poor expanation.

@PLUGO
09-28-2006, 09:43 AM
how about a link to show us what you mean...

Chief Fox
09-28-2006, 10:49 AM
If you go to google.com up in the top right you should see a link for "Personalized Home".

This takes you to a page that you can customize. Once you sign in you can add components to the page. For example on my page I have, Jobster Search, Local Weather, Calendar, Buddhist Thought of the Day, Google Videos, Countdown to my Vegas trip.... A LOT more.

There are hundreds of components to choose from broken up into these categories. Popular, News, Tools, Communication, Fun & Games, Finance, Sports, Lifestyle, and Technology. There are a few Martial Arts forums available as components under the Sports category. Sherdog, the MMA forum has a component. So does BudoSeek! and some dude named Seth has a blog.

I'm not sure what it would take to get a component on there but it would be kinda cool.

@PLUGO
09-28-2006, 12:03 PM
well after about an hour of noodling around I've cobbled together our very first google-module.

It's very basic and crud and dose little more than give you a snapshot of a small sliver of the forum... but it's a start. I'll work towards developing a more elegant solution over time.

however if you want to install it you will first have to install the Developer's Module (http://fusion.google.com/add?moduleurl=developer.xml)

and then cut and past the following URL into the space that says add a module.

but you know it's not all that... but have a look

http://tigerclawfoundation.org/images/google_module.xml

Chief Fox
09-28-2006, 01:43 PM
You didn't have to go to all the trouble of trying to make it work. I just said that it would be kinda cool.

Seeing how you went for it, I did take a look. Basically it displays the top left corner of the site. I can't really get to any of the threads. I work with a developer. I can ask her to take a look if you'd like. She might be able to save you some time and set you on the right path.

@PLUGO
09-28-2006, 02:04 PM
Sure... any input is welcome. Seems like an RSS feed might be the direction to head in but I could be mistaken. Let's see how this works out.

bodhitree
09-29-2006, 07:47 AM
Cheif got it right.