PDA

View Full Version : new squat max

GunnedDownAtrocity
09-26-2006, 11:44 PM
a few weeks ago i posted my 6 day per week routine (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42998) which didnt have the greatest reviews as it involved me squatting 4 times per week (smolov) with a lot of volume. i could have posted my new max on that thread, but it kinda died out so i thought id make a new one.

at 144lbs i started out with a max of 225 raw (only belt if this can still be considered rawish) on august 28th.

tonight i made it to 275 with only a belt and i got 300 wearing a suit.

i hadn't worn a suit ever until my last week of the smolov program, but the one i've been using isn't anything major. its your basic 40 dollar suit .... single stich or something of the sort .... it felt like tight compression shorts and i only wore the bottom half for my hips .... the shoulder straps hung.

i should be thrilled with these numbers .... and i am to a degree ... but i would have been happier with slightly lower numbers if i had felt more on it. i think i waited to long to peak and just felt off. the program called for 9 to 11 days off after your last session. i did 9 when i probably should have done about 4 or 5. when i finished up my last work out .... 10 sets of 3 at 220 ... my legs felt like ****ing car jacks. i felt like there wasnt a weight you could have put on the bar i couldnt handle. i could feel sh1t firing i've never felt before and tonight just wasn't like that. my legs felt awesome about 4 or 5 days after my last session as well. i went running through the park playing around with parkour **** and i was making jumps i know i would have missed 2 months ago .... i almost got ahold of my buddy and said it's time, but i thought i should take the amount of rest called for. i don't mean to cry about it .... i just expected to feel stronger tonight regardless of the numbers ... something to chalk up to experience.

Samurai Jack
09-27-2006, 01:14 AM
Well congrats anyway. A 50 pound gain is hyooge. Nothing to shake a stick at. These days I'm happy to put up ten pounds more than I did a few months before. You ought to be proud.

Pork Chop
09-27-2006, 07:26 AM
great job GDA!!! congrats

Chief Fox
09-27-2006, 07:50 AM
That's awesome dude. Nice work. Don't get down on yourself about the numbers. The real payoff here isn't the weight you put up in the gym but the way you felt in the park that one night. Your new strength is allowing you to have more fun and live a fuller life. That's why I train, so I can do more.

Keep it up.

SevenStar
09-27-2006, 09:13 AM
good job man. Keep it up.

GunnedDownAtrocity
09-27-2006, 09:17 AM
you know what cheif your absolutely right ... thanks for pointing that out.

that night at the park was one of the funnest day's i've had in a good while. i was running with my 12 year old nephew (this kid is no joke ... he teaches his gymnastics class) and we'd keep challanging eachother. little ****er caught on that he could jump through things i couldnt quite fit through though.

Ford Prefect
10-09-2006, 07:08 AM
Good job. How long have you been lifting for?

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-09-2006, 10:29 AM
i back up last october or november on my own, but i didnt start lifting with marcus and the guys until about 4 or 5 months ago.

i got some size on my own, but i didnt really start pushing more weight until i got to the gym.