PDA

View Full Version : OT about TO

BruceSteveRoy
09-27-2006, 08:35 AM
Terrell Owens tried to kill himself with pain pills. I always wondered if being one of the most hated players in the NFL ever bothered him. I guess it does.

MasterKiller
09-27-2006, 08:37 AM
Media wh0re, IMO...

Pork Chop
09-27-2006, 10:05 AM
i think dfw just has that effect on people movin here from the east coast. we both moved here around the same time. yeah i do think the constant speculation gets to him.

MasterKiller
09-27-2006, 10:10 AM
He brings it upon himself. If he would act like a professional his life would have less drama.

Pork Chop
09-27-2006, 10:18 AM
he's a professional athlete.
he's been told from a very young age that he was special and that he could do no wrong.
he's never had to grow up and now i think he doesn't know how.

Chief Fox
09-27-2006, 10:19 AM
The guy is way over the top. Total speculation here but for some reason he's gotta be in the spotlight at all times. This isn't healthy. He probably has bouts with depression.

It's a bummer, the guys an awesome athelete. Too bad he's not more balanced.

MasterKiller
09-27-2006, 10:41 AM
he's a professional athlete.
he's been told from a very young age that he was special and that he could do no wrong.
he's never had to grow up and now i think he doesn't know how.

Cop Out.

I have two more words.

Barry Sanders.

He's been in the league 11 years and still acts like a high school Freshman. There are 52 other guys on every team he plays for, yet he always thrusts himself into the forefront of the media.

Dancing on the Star?
Signing the Football?

Punk @ss stunts.

He makes teams WORSE, which is a shame because he is so talented.

Keyshawn Johnson and Randy Moss both seem to have learned from their mistakes. T.O. just keeps on being a punk.

5Animals1Path
09-27-2006, 10:55 AM
A little bit of that guy goes a long way.

I won't place allof the blame on his shoulders, cause I know he was hailed as the savior when he came here to Philly, but he buys into his own image. Hopefully he's actually looking for help, and didn't pull a "I'm freakin invincible."

BruceSteveRoy
09-27-2006, 11:15 AM
as a die hard eagles fan i should be saying the rest of his team should follow his lead but as person with a degree in psych, a former counselor and a person with a general interest in the well being of my fellow man, i say regardless of why he did it (for attention or because of being depressed (or invincible)) it is not healthy behavior and he needs help. also, with or without him, come 8 october the eagles are going to destroy the cowgirls. Go Eagles!

BoulderDawg
09-27-2006, 11:56 AM
I'm not going to come out and say that he actually tried to commit suicide until I hear more of the story. As mentioned here, he's not the most well liked personality in America. It wouldn't surprise me if what has come out was made up by the police or others.

In any case, had he wanted to killed himseld he could have simply said "Good night, I'm going to bed. Then he simply could have taken as many pills as he wanted to and laid down.

brothernumber9
09-27-2006, 11:57 AM
I'm not sure which direction the comment about Barry Sanders was supposed to be in. BUt I think T.O. 's case is a bit different at least in how history will look on it. Barry Sanders is considered by a lot of people who have played football to be the best running back ever to play in the NFL/AFL whatever. His name is put up there with Jim Brown, Gale Sayers, Walter Payton, O.J. Simpson, etc. I don't think T.O. has quite hit that tier. Certainly he is not in league with Jerry Rice or Steve Largent, Art Monk and probably 2 or 3 other greats.

MasterKiller
09-27-2006, 12:01 PM
I'm not sure which direction the comment about Barry Sanders was supposed to be in. BUt I think T.O. 's case is a bit different at least in how history will look on it. Barry Sanders is considered by a lot of people who have played football to be the best running back ever to play in the NFL/AFL whatever. His name is put up there with Jim Brown, Gale Sayers, Walter Payton, O.J. Simpson, etc. I don't think T.O. has quite hit that tier. Certainly he is not in league with Jerry Rice or Steve Largent, Art Monk and probably 2 or 3 other greats.

What I'm saying is, Barry Sanders was a complete professional. Never danced on the field, never made a scene after a big run. Handed the Ref the ball and lined up in the huddle.

Diametrically oppossed to T.O.'s behaviour, yet both were privledged atheletes. I was trying to contrast T.O. with an example of a professional pro player.

BoulderDawg
09-27-2006, 12:12 PM
What I'm saying is, Barry Sanders was a complete professional. Never danced on the field, never made a scene after a big run. Handed the Ref the ball and lined up in the huddle.

Diametrically oppossed to T.O.'s behaviour, yet both were privledged atheletes. I was trying to contrast T.O. with an example of a professional pro player.

Why does dancing after a TD make you unprofessional? By the way how many super bowl teams did Sanders play for?

My only gripe is when players try to make some sort of extended production out of the celebration......I say anything over about 5 seconds is too much!

MasterKiller
09-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Why does dancing after a TD make you unprofessional? r?

In the words of Mike Ditka: "Act like you've been there before."

By the way how many super bowl teams did Sanders play for?
What does that have to do with anything? Sanders was by far more important to the Lions that T.O. will ever be to any team he plays on. He had a right to celebrate and show his @ss a little, yet never did. Ever.

You don't like Barry.

How about Darrell Green?
Roger Staubach?
Warren Moon?
Jerry Rice?
Jim Brown?

Nothing is worse than someone dancing for 5 minutes because they caught a 3 yard pass for a first down. Prima Donnas.

BoulderDawg
09-27-2006, 01:11 PM
Sanders was important to the Lions........:D Big deal! During the time he was there I don't believe they went to the championship game. I'm not even sure if they won their division.....Probably they did but I don't know.

Anyway the point being is that he didn't win.....and that's the bottom line. If you win you can act as you please.......if you lose no one cares how you act!:cool:

By the way I'm interested in knowing who held up a professional football game by dancing for 5 minutes after a first down completion. I don't believe that would happen. After about 30 seconds his own teammates would be dragging him off the field.

MasterKiller
09-27-2006, 01:15 PM
Barry Sanders took the Lions to the NFC title game in 1991 against the Redskins, who won the Superbowl easily against the Bills.

He has just as many Superbowl rings as T.O., could have easily shattered the rushing record in less games than Emmitt Smith if hadn't retired, and is in the Hall of Fame, which T.O. will not be.

Winning is not an excuse to show your @ss.

jethro
09-27-2006, 01:17 PM
TO probably held the game up for more than 5 minutes when he played against the Cowboy's.