PDA

View Full Version : James Cama appointed Jook Lum Sifu Chinese Masons

Sam
09-27-2006, 04:13 PM
New Sifu Ceremony Chinese Freemason's Association

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

James Cama has been given ceremony By the Chinese Freemason's Association as their Sifu of the Kwong Sai Jook Lum Gee Tong Long Pai of Grand Master Lam Sang.

fiercest tiger
09-27-2006, 06:36 PM
Is there any footage or website of Cama, love to see anything and congrats!

chasincharpchui
09-27-2006, 09:18 PM
juss a quick questoin

wats the difference between chinese freemason, and freemasons in general
apart from the obvious fact 'chinese'

Wong Ying Home
09-28-2006, 08:45 AM
Is'nt SiFu James Cama head of Fut Sao Wing Chun School?

Dale Dugas
09-28-2006, 02:33 PM
Is there any footage or website of Cama, love to see anything and congrats!

Brother G,

Here is a link to his Fut Sao Yong Chun (http://www.futsaoyongchunkuen.com/)page

fiercest tiger
09-29-2006, 04:17 PM
Hey Mate,

Hows married life my brother, hope all is well....Thanks for the site!

Gaz

Phil Redmond
09-29-2006, 04:51 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

James Cama has been given ceremony By the Chinese Freemason's Association as their Sifu of the Kwong Sai Jook Lum Gee Tong Long Pai of Grand Master Lam Sang.
Does that mean James is the Sifu of Juk Lum there? I'm a former member of Hung Mun (Hun Jing) on Mott St. I learned to Mo Si there. I thought Grandmaster Lam Sang (Lam Wing Fay) appointed someone else.

PRedmond

jo
09-30-2006, 11:28 AM
Didn't our old friend, Jack Springer (JFS-USA), claim to be the first non-Chinese member of the Hung Muen up at 22 Mott street? :-)

- jo

Gru Bianca
09-30-2006, 08:32 PM
I guess it all depends on what meaning Mr. Redmond was giving to the word member.
If I understood well he meant to say I learned there Mo Si (lion dance) and I don't think he was saying he was a member of the Hung Men as an indoor.... if you get what that means.

Regards

jo
10-01-2006, 12:01 AM
Sifu Redmond wrote: "I'm a former member of Hung Mun (Hun Jing) on Mott St. I learned to Mo Si there."

While one need not be a member to learn Liondancing, Sifu Redmond did state that he was a member, and my point was that for years, Jack Springer was braying up and down the internet that he was the first non-Chinese member of the Hung Muen chapter at 22 Mott Street. Sifu Redmond's statement bears witness to the fallacy of Jack's claim.

-jo

htowndragon
10-01-2006, 03:36 AM
how is james cama the sifu of jook lum if he does fut sao wing chun/

Phil Redmond
10-01-2006, 08:30 AM
I was already a "travelling man" (Mason), before I joined Hung Mun. All I had to do was the ceremony to become a "member" of Hung Mun. I think Ralph Mitchell was also a member. At least I'd seen him at the Lodge on Mott St. This was in the early 80's.
There were some other non-Chinese students of Bill Chung of NJ there also. Jack Springer could have been one of them but I can't say for sure.
PR

Phil Redmond
10-01-2006, 08:40 AM

Congratulations to Sifu Cama.
PR

htowndragon
10-01-2006, 05:01 PM
did james cama ever learn jook lum?

i thought he was fut sao!!1

Phil Redmond
10-01-2006, 05:25 PM
did james cama ever learn jook lum?

i thought he was fut sao!!1
I was a senior Fut Sao student under Henry Leung and I still did another martial art. It's possible that he did the same thing.
PR

htowndragon
10-01-2006, 10:35 PM
hey phil,
can u tell me more about henry leung? ive already read cama's site, but im intrigued by this guy, i hear from ken fish that he was a legit badazz

Wong Ying Home
10-02-2006, 08:15 AM
Leung SiFu is top notch...very high level skill, not many of his level around

Phil Redmond
10-02-2006, 10:35 PM
hey phil,
can u tell me more about henry leung? ive already read cama's site, but im intrigued by this guy, i hear from ken fish that he was a legit badazz
I used to work in his restaurant (Friendship Restaurant) on Delancy street for over 2 years. We used to have fun when Chinese people would come into the reastautant and make derogatory remarks about the haak gwai (black devil) who was cooking in the kitchen. Henry would get to to speak louder so I could hear them. They never knew I spoke Cantonese. I would come out of the kitchen and confront them in Cantonese. We'd get a laugh out of that. We even lived in the same apartment building in Ridgewood Queens for 2 years. I knew him very well. I was there before Santos Barbalace (sp?), and James Cama. I was studying Accupuncture at the time and Henry helped me ace all my tests. His is a great dit da doctor. He treated me and my children when we were sick.
PR

htowndragon
10-02-2006, 11:07 PM
thanks man
how would u say his wing chun defers from others? and does he have any chinese students that are teaching?

stonecrusher69
10-06-2006, 11:12 AM
Henry Leung has at least one chinese sifu who teaches.He's very skillful.If you like to know more about him you can PM.or email me at wck108@usa.com

TenTigers
10-26-2006, 05:07 PM
it's done. leave it.

Sam
11-12-2006, 06:42 PM
James Cama Sifu of the New York ChineseFreeMasons Athletic Club is excepting inquiries for training in Traditional Kwong Sai Jook Lum Gee Tong Long Pai of Grand Master Lam Sang's Lineage. Email him at JCama108@aol.com

nyhakka
11-12-2006, 10:06 PM
hey phil,

I knew Henry as well. He was a really good man with good Kung Fu and good medecine. He introduced me to Jow you can drink!!!

The Xia
11-12-2006, 10:10 PM
I've never heard of drinkable jow. Can you describe it more nyhakka?

nyhakka
11-12-2006, 10:15 PM
I know Sifu Cama personally and he has been doing Jook Lum undr one on one private instruction for over 10 years now. If he didn't the assoc wouldn't have given ceremony to him..Nuff said

TenTigers
11-12-2006, 10:31 PM
There are many types of jpw. Some formulas of Dit Da Jow are able to take internally in small doses for deep injuries. Many are not-so don't go drinking your jow. There are also special formulas that are only taken internally. We have a formula for restoring the jing-for those of you who burn the cabdle at both ends. It is also given to couples who wish to have a make child, and after chilfbirth to restore the jing.
Jow is jow. It means liquor, so who knows what was implied by the statement. It could simply means he can drink well.

nyhakka
11-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Well Henry called it "Chi Drink", so I guess that answers that one! LOL! Sup Ten, how you doing????:D

Sam
11-13-2006, 11:55 AM
Classes are doing very well at the Freemasons. Traditional Jook Lum and Iron Body training for the young men and women. Two hour plus intense sessions plus forms, two man sets, and fighting. Old school Kung Fu. JCama108@aol.com