PDA

View Full Version : Martial Arts teacher severely beating his students

The Xia
09-28-2006, 04:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0IcsBEgg2k

Royal Dragon
09-28-2006, 04:49 PM
This is really old, but in all seriousness, if that guy tried that with me, even if I got beat, I'd take his pudgy ass out with me.

Of course, I have a reputation for not being too bright when I get mad.

The Willow Sword
09-28-2006, 04:49 PM
yeah this vid has been posted here before, and it raised a bit of a stink here with some, especially me. there is no need to abuse your students in order for them to perform thier form better or technique better, in fact it is a bad distraction. but i dont think that he was offering up any constructive discipline to any of the people he beat with the stick or with whom he punched and kicked.

i said it then and ill say it now, if that were to ever happen in a school i was ever in they would have to pry my hands away from his throat and remove his eyeballs from my fingers. i wouldnt stand for that one bit. he would get put in the hospital if he did anything like that here in the states, and rightly so.

Peace,TWS

Royal Dragon
09-28-2006, 04:51 PM
Forget strangling, he's wide open, a cutting slice to the throat will teach him some manners but fast.

SPJ
09-28-2006, 08:39 PM
Forms of discipline.

half an hour or longer horse stance or Si Ping Da Ma.

250 push ups.

running around the school yard/court.

the most demeaning one is to face the wall at the corner and think about the mistakes you made. Mian Bi Si Guo.

beating with a stick and yelling, not necessarily needed.

---

:(

Mr Punch
09-29-2006, 03:03 AM
This vid's been posted loads of times.

It's not kungfu (it's Japanese), it's the founder of modern Shooto, Satoru Sayama, and yes, he's an arse.

Wu-Tan-Nan
09-29-2006, 05:25 AM
What a looser!

Ray Pina
09-29-2006, 06:42 AM
I've beaten his students:)

David Jamieson
09-29-2006, 06:58 AM
I've beaten his students:)

apparently that is exactly what he is teaching them. How to be beaten and whimpering.

Baji
09-29-2006, 07:37 AM
This is really old, but in all seriousness, if that guy tried that with me, even if I got beat, I'd take his pudgy ass out with me.

Of course, I have a reputation for not being too bright when I get mad.

I am with you on this one Royal Dragon. That kind of training is not right. If you have your students come to class and try and learn things they are going to be more afraid of getting beat up by there teacher. There mind is not fully on learning but more on the fear of getting hurt. But anyway that guy is wrong for doing that and it does not accomplish anything when you beat the crap out of your students.

Iron_Eagle_76
09-29-2006, 11:47 AM
As if the clip is not bad enough the pure ignorance it spews is even better:

Pumpernaitch (1 hour ago)
Your all sayin how out of order it is that he's beating his students but that discipline is why China knocks out awesome martial artists like they were on an assembly line. Jackie Chan had similar treatment in his education. You have to appreciate it's a different culture over there. I'm not sayin I condone it but it does get results.

It often makes me wonder how it is legal for these kind of people to waste good oxygen.

The Xia
09-29-2006, 12:01 PM
What is he trying to accomplish by doing that? It looks like he is really into it too. I see nothing good that can come from this sort of treatment. I wonder if the students knew about this when they signed up. People mention how Jackie Chan and Sammo Hung were treated like that. But you don't hear them approving of those methods. In fact, I've only heard them talk about it in a negative light. For those that know Japanese law better then me, can this guy get in trouble for stuff like this? After all, there is undeniable evidence in this film footage.

Mr Punch
09-29-2006, 07:48 PM
Of course it's illegal.

However, the difference is, nobody would ever dream of prosecuting as they'd agreed to such treatment tacitly by signing up. If there was a child involved they might.

And like the guy above, I'm not condoning it at all, but Sayama produced a lot of very hard fighters. They must be ****ing idiots to think that that's the only or best route to becoming skilled or toughening up though.

ngokfei
09-29-2006, 07:58 PM
not my cup of tea anymore but I have to say that on my journey I've studied with a few teachers who were kind of rough.

Really weeded out the individuals who didn't have the "heart" for the kind of training required.

In today's hobby oriented societies take on the martial arts I have to agree that this method of instruction is dangerous.

Being honest with ourselves, who really expects to undergo the hardships and dangers that was common place in the past (100 yrs ago)?

Even the hardships of shaolin temple have gone away to the more leasure schools located around the temple today. You can definetly see the difference (negative).

Much honor and respect to those who follow the true path.

The Xia
09-29-2006, 08:11 PM
Getting some bruises from sparring or messing up a block is one thing but Sayama is smashing his students in the head with sticks and kicking them. What purpose does that serve?

Royal Dragon
09-29-2006, 10:43 PM
It serves no purpose.

Pumpernaitch (1 hour ago)
Your all sayin how out of order it is that he's beating his students but that discipline is why China knocks out awesome martial artists like they were on an assembly line. Jackie Chan had similar treatment in his education. You have to appreciate it's a different culture over there. I'm not sayin I condone it but it does get results.

Reply]
The best fighters in the world donot come form China, they come from MMA gyms in the US, and Brazil...you don't see those kinds of tactics there, do you?

Do you think Cung Le was abused like that? I don't think so.

The best fighters come from challenging, and positive enviroments, where the desire to compete, and succeed in competiton is actvely promoted as the prime motivator.

What that knob does in the clip[ is just abuse, and is detrimental to the training process, and it is out right physically damaging the students. No way reciving head and neck injuries from brutal attacks with a stick is going to do anything but cause harm and destruction.

The Xia
09-29-2006, 11:23 PM
Those sticks can do serious damage. He can scar their face up and cause neck and head injuries. He also looks out of control. That camera guy probably didn't have too nice of a time after the clip ended.

ngokfei
09-30-2006, 08:48 AM
you know, I've never seen (or heard of ) a fight (MMA) between China and the US/Brazil.

Why?

oh and Competition is not Combat/Survival.

While hats off the the MMA community I'd stand behind the Special Forces/Navy Seals SAS groups.

Cung Le has great skill but he's a newbie to MMA. Give him a few more years to make a real name for himself. He only got a bronze in China "Once".

Wood Dragon
09-30-2006, 01:11 PM
While hats off the the MMA community I'd stand behind the Special Forces/Navy Seals SAS groups.

Which train in a manner which does not resemble the method under discussion. All of the above train in an intense, but professional, manner. The candidates are treated with respect and courtesy by the instructors.

You don't treat self-motivators (the kind of people who volunteer for SFAS) like dirt and expect them to respond positively.

Brutal and demeaning training methods are useful for instilling fear-based obediance and conformity. Not items highly valued by first string militaries.

When I was a Platoon Leader (I'm now a Staff monkey for the next couple of years), I had a significant amount of power over the men I was assigned to lead. Up to and including the power to have them arrested and tried. However, if I had so much as slapped one of them, I would have been relieved and cashiered. If I was lucky enough to avoid a term in the Detention Barracks.

Men are turned into Soldiers via good training and example. Not bullying and terror.

The Xia
09-30-2006, 01:17 PM
It is important to distinguish hard training from abuse. Great martial artists are self-motivated individuals. Abuse, such as the kind that Sayama dishes out, can only hinder progress.

FuXnDajenariht
09-30-2006, 09:31 PM
**** some of those kids were really bloody. was it their parents sitting there watching them?

FuXnDajenariht
09-30-2006, 09:41 PM
on lighter note.

worlds best tricks volume 2.

this is so sweet! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBlvhgJaLzg&mode=related&search=