PDA

View Full Version : How to find a good wooden dummy?

banterer
10-03-2006, 04:27 PM
Hello there,

I've been trolling Craigslist and looking around at ebay on occasion but cannot find anyone selling a good dummy. I have heard good things about Great Lion but they are not taking new orders until 2007 and I have read in a forum of people who have allegedly ordered and never gotten their dummies.

Can any of you tell me what luck you have had and/or whether you know of someone selling theirs?

Thanks,
Jorge (in Los Angeles)

couch
10-03-2006, 05:27 PM
Hello there,

I've been trolling Craigslist and looking around at ebay on occasion but cannot find anyone selling a good dummy. I have heard good things about Great Lion but they are not taking new orders until 2007 and I have read in a forum of people who have allegedly ordered and never gotten their dummies.

Can any of you tell me what luck you have had and/or whether you know of someone selling theirs?

Thanks,
Jorge (in Los Angeles)

I searched the forum and found a recent thread:
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43088&highlight=wooden+dummy

Hope it helps,
Kenton Sefcik

banterer
10-09-2006, 09:34 AM
Dear Kenton,

I had also found that post, thanks.

I looked at two of those links. Great Lion has a good reputation but is not taking orders until 2007. The other company is charging 1600 for theirs [although it does look nice].

A friend of mine and I plan on going down to Santa Fe Springs on Tuesday morning to look at their "modern style" dummy.

Thanks again,
Jorge

Chief Fox
10-09-2006, 09:46 AM
Making your own dummy isn't that hard. If you're interested check out my web page and shoot me an email.

http://www.mccarriedesign.com/wooden_dummy/

ChangHFY
10-15-2006, 05:44 PM
Hey banterer,

In my searches Ive found quite a few bad wooden dummies, but recently I bought a wooden dummy from the Ving Tsun Museum, and it was excellent craftsmenship, and its holding up well. Good luck!

take care,
zach