PDA

View Full Version : Happy B-Day Mike Martello!!!

Chizica
10-05-2006, 03:51 AM
I don't know how much he reads the forum any more, but a big Happy Birthday to one of more knowledgable ppl regarding TangLang.

Happy Birthday Martello Laoshi!

TaichiMantis
10-05-2006, 05:11 AM
I don't know how much he reads the forum any more, but a big Happy Birthday to one of more knowledgable ppl regarding TangLang.

Happy Birthday Martello Laoshi!

oops...shoulda read this thread first, I posted it in the mantis group

Laviathan
10-05-2006, 06:23 AM
Sifu Mike just emailed me his response:

Thank you all for the kind words and the birthday greetings! Although I am not a member of the Kungfu Magazine Forum, I do read the boards regularly. I am very glad to see so many people who train hard and want to continue to learn. Perserverance coupled with the guidance of a good teacher, these are the keys to success in the martial arts. Let us work together to build a healthy martial arts community where we all can prosper and grow.

As teacher Wang Chieh told me:

"To nourish one's skills through real combat, to complete one's teachings through a masters' guidance... We are all just students in the end."

Thanks to all!

Mike

Mr Punch
10-05-2006, 07:00 AM
Happy birthday whoever you are!

WanderingMonk
10-05-2006, 07:14 AM
Happy birthday whoever you are!

that's pretty funny.

this is Mr. Martello

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=2002chinnabasics

Three Harmonies
10-05-2006, 07:17 AM
For those uneducated as to whom Mike Martello is, later next year I have plans on bringing him to the US for only the second time. Of course it will be here in Seattle. Stay tuned for more details as we hash them out.
Cheers
Jake :)

EarthDragon
10-05-2006, 08:10 AM
As as fellow mantis Shrfu and with mad respect for Michael, my brithday wishes go out to one of the greats in the family of mantis!

Mr Punch
10-05-2006, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the video Monk. He looks very smooth.

BTW
that's pretty funny.
He's not in my art. He's not from my country (I don't think). He's not on TV. He's not in the movies. I don't read MA magazines. He hasn't married my sister...

But hey, I'm glad you're enjoying yourself on your friend's birthday! :D

WanderingMonk
10-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the video Monk. He looks very smooth.

BTWHe's not in my art. He's not from my country (I don't think). He's not on TV. He's not in the movies. I don't read MA magazines. He hasn't married my sister...

I didn't expect you to know him. I just thought it was sort of neat and funny for a person to wish a random stranger a happy birthday, saying happy birthday who ever you are.

I merely thought if you are wishing someone a happy birthday, at least you should have an idea who you are conveying the congradulation. hence, I posted a link to Mr. Martello's clip that 3harmony had posted in 2005. i wasn't slamming you.

Mr Punch
10-05-2006, 04:00 PM
:D OK, Peace!

Call me a simpleton if you like, but I often do, because I like to wish people happy birthdays! You can't have too many brithday wishes! Much as Sifu Martello probably doesn't need anonymous friends, (and I'm not offering to be one!) the world would be a lot better place if we offered kindness to strangers!

Anyway, where is he from? He moves much more smoothly than most of these demos I've seen and if he's from Europe I might even get to see him one day...!

WanderingMonk
10-05-2006, 06:22 PM
:D OK, Peace!

Call me a simpleton if you like, but I often do, because I like to wish people happy birthdays! You can't have too many brithday wishes! Much as Sifu Martello probably doesn't need anonymous friends, (and I'm not offering to be one!) the world would be a lot better place if we offered kindness to strangers!

Anyway, where is he from? He moves much more smoothly than most of these demos I've seen and if he's from Europe I might even get to see him one day...!

http://www.wutang.be/wutang.eng/idx_welcome.html

I believe this is his school in Belgium. so, may be he is just a train ride away.

SPJ
10-05-2006, 10:09 PM
Happy B day.

Thank you for doing a great job in promoting the arts in your community and elsewhere.

:)