PDA

View Full Version : it's about time

hskwarrior
10-05-2006, 01:38 PM
Ok, I had problems with my windows movie maker, but i think its ok now.

so i finished my schools little video clip, and wanted you guys to tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O0njKzlsE0

k-no
10-07-2006, 11:47 PM
Nice video. Very clean. I am impressed. You've come a long way since your first slideshows. Keep it up, it looks like you've been a busy guy.

k

TenTigers
10-08-2006, 05:06 AM
nice work, Frank!

hskwarrior
10-08-2006, 07:34 AM
thanks folks,

i really like making video's. never tried it before, but i find it pretty interesting with what you could do.

First and foremost it for the benefit of CLF that i post these clips, but mostly it to help promote me, and my school.

but i truly hope you guys like them, because i'm always open to suggestions to make them better.

thanks kid, and rick.

frank

Eddie
10-08-2006, 07:49 AM
I think you have way to much time. I've been working on some video clip I want to post, but I just cant seem to get time to finish it.

nice one tho.

Chief Fox
10-08-2006, 07:56 AM
I'm not a CLF guy but I like the whole thing. Nice work.

The parts I really like are when you're doing applications. They really display how well you can move and how quick you are.

yutyeesam
10-08-2006, 09:46 AM
Really nice, hsk! Well done! You are becoming quite the CLF video king!

hskwarrior
10-08-2006, 10:34 AM
First and foremost,

I want to thank everyone for their support. I know in the past all i did was talk smack, but i never bragged about being great, or even terrible. I usually don't like to show people how fast i CAN move, unless necessary.

But since the HATERS tried to post that terrible clip of me dropping my staff, and the fact that on google they continued to try and embarrass me by saying something to the effect of "special olympics" and "that was the best i've ever seen him perform"............ I admit, it made me mad, but i had to SLAP their faces to let them know you don't mess with me.

well, i felt it was time to let the world know who I am, what i can and cannot do, and prove that the haters don't know anything about me.

Aside from that horrible clip, most everyone has been really supportive. and for that i thank everyone.

chief, my students and i are planning to record some scenarios and show some more usage. in one of them the girl (who is only about 110lbs) is going to be attacked by me and my other students, and she will demolish us.

i;ll let you know when thats done.

Thanks eddie, i can't wait to see your clips.

123, as i told you guys before, it's time to promote a united CLF and let the world know just how cohesive we really can be.

thanks everyone.

The Xia
10-08-2006, 11:26 AM
Good overview of what you guys do. I like how you showed pad work. Only things I would add to the video are sparring and iron body.

CLFNole
10-08-2006, 12:52 PM
Frank, I liked it. It has an urban, hip-hop type feel if that is what you were going for. It terms of using it to market your school you might consider something a bit more "vanilla" (not Vanilla Ice :eek:) in order to appeal to a larger group of potential students. But if that is not what you are after then it is fine.

Oh yeah after you add the "iron body" make sure you put up the "iron crotch" demos as well. :D

hskwarrior
10-08-2006, 05:22 PM
CLFNOLE, XIA,

thanks for the input.

yeah, since inner city, and the urban life is all i've ever known in one way i'm staying true to my roots. I want to attract the younger generations who truly have a need to learn how to defend themselves.

I'm not sure if i want to go commercial and open a a facility. one day i would like to do like me sifu and teach out of my home. See, commercial schools close down a lot, but my sifu's school has been running since the 1970's.

However, I can still pass on the same things a commercial school would, but also pass on things a commercial school couldn't. Right now i like being small, but i'm trying to expand.

now the way i grew up is strictly ghetto, and anything aside from that is pretty bland for me. when you say vanilla ice-sh, or watered down, or white-ify things, other than the hokey chinese music everyone is using what is good to use?

peace

hskwarrior
10-08-2006, 05:24 PM
oh yeah, i am personally letting my students film the iron crotch stuff, except i am focusing on this for the women students out there only.

if you are a man, unless sweet, this material doesn't pertain to you.

thank you

hskwarrior
10-08-2006, 05:31 PM
In the past i've told you guys about me student (neil) who we call iron ox because he was a solid 315 lbs, built like an ox.

Neil is the big guy jump snap kicking then the two roundhouses, dreadlocks and a beard, but I am proud to say he is about 260 lbs now since becoming my student.

he looks pretty good, especially counting from day one.

:D :D :D

CLFNole
10-08-2006, 05:52 PM
Frank:

When I meant "vanilla" I didn't mean water-down what you teach. I was talking more about the video and making it less "urban" in feel if you wanted to appeal to a greater variety of people. Lets face it some people who don't understand the urban lifestyle might be put off. But like you said if you want to be small its good. I like the idea of small too its just one needs a regular job in order for it to work well.

Good luck with everything.

hskwarrior
10-08-2006, 05:55 PM
no, no, no, no, i know what you meant. what i meant by watered down was place some softer feel not so street type music.

the idea of watering down the type of music i use makes my cringe, because i go with what my soul tells me.

but i understand that i have to present myself in a more professional light even if i got a small group.

but thanks for the comments clfnole.

frank

greencloudtj
10-09-2006, 04:59 PM
Ok, I had problems with my windows movie maker, but i think its ok now.

so i finished my schools little video clip, and wanted you guys to tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O0njKzlsE0
nice work sifu frank what appened to your # man talk to you later t.j

hskwarrior
10-09-2006, 06:39 PM
Tj,

My Old Number Is No More, Pm Me Your Cell And I Will Call You Back.....\

Like Always.

Frank

The Xia
10-09-2006, 09:08 PM
lol You all laugh at my iron body suggestion but that would probably attract students. :D
Then again I'm not quite sure what your goal is hskwarrior. Are you trying to attract a crowd, a particular demographic, or do you just feel like making a cool video?

CLFNole
10-10-2006, 08:09 AM
We were not really laughing at you but "iron body" isn't really something associated with CLF. Yeah there is a good deal of conditioning but thats about it.

hskwarrior
10-10-2006, 08:50 AM
What I Do Xia With My Students Is Strike Parts Of Their Body Repeatedly To Get Them Conditioned To Take Blows.

Thigh Kicks, Roundhouse Kicks To The Stomach, Punching The Stomach, Shin Sweeps, 3 Star Blocking Drills And So On.

But Traditional Iron Body Typically Clf Doesn't Do, But Then You Never Know.....the Chan Family May Have Old Scripts About That.

Which Comes To Mind A Question.....if A System Only Passes On The True Art To The Official Bloodline, Then What Is It That The Non-bloodline Folks Are Learning? Can They Say It Is The True Art, Or Does It Turn Into Something Else?

Hsk

The Xia
10-10-2006, 11:21 AM
I understood that you were not laughing at me but I got the impression something was off about my suggestion. Now I know what it was and am more informed. See, you can learn from these forums. Thanks for the information CLFNole and hskwarrior.

I suggested iron body because the average joe off the street is more impressed by these kinds of feats then things that are more subtle. So I figured it'd bring in customers.

hskwarrior
10-10-2006, 11:42 AM
XIA,

you got the right heart and notion.

whether they laugh or not, don't let that stop you from learning. interacting with folks is the best way to learn. as questions, and if you are wrong with something, then the best way to learn is by being wrong, cause now you can never be wrong again. unless you choose to;)

see, in my school lineage, non chinese weren't and sometimes still aren't welcomed much less taught how chinese do things.

I went to the funeral of one of my elders and was so caught up in the scene, i was the only one standing out because i didn't know i had to turn my back to give the family some privacy. but that will never happen again because i learned that lesson the hard way.

just like with gung fu, sometimes the only way one can truly understand how to do a technique is to have it done for real. i personally choose to teach my students that way. when i show something i strike them pretty hard, but not enough to injure them. if i need them to understand why i step this way and i tell them its to slam into their legs, the only way for me to truly transmit that knowledge is to do it to them so when they practice they know what they are doing wrong.

peace.

Havick01
10-12-2006, 04:36 PM
not bad frank, keep up the good work homeboy!