PDA

View Full Version : Which/Who is worse or more ridiculas?

bodhitree
10-06-2006, 07:06 AM
With the popularity of polls here recently I wanted to throw my own into the race.They are both crazy, one learned from a mysterious master "in the mountains" and the other learned from aliens. Which cult is more ridiculas

mantak chia's BS
or

Li hongzhi's falun gong

yu shan
10-06-2006, 07:18 AM
One more option:

Fanatical mormons

SPJ
10-06-2006, 07:18 AM
take political stance aside.

Fa Lun Qi Gong is from some old Qi Gong. other people may know more.

I never read Fa Lun Da Fa. My friend did. I only read some summary in the newspaper.

There are more than one type of Qi Gong. Fa Lun is not the only format.

There are more than one buddha or dharma. There were some before. There will be more in the future. So Fa Lun Da Fa is not the only way/path or the one and only dharma.

:D

bodhitree
10-06-2006, 07:26 AM
Read the book, i did, its a bunch of bs. If you tell me that comes from an old form of qigong.

scholar
10-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Hey, no fair! What if they are equally crazy? :D Mantak Chia and Li Hongzhi are both so far out of their tiny little minds that I don't think you can realistically compare them point for point. Li Hongzhi probably has more followers and is therefore more annoying by weight of numbers, but that wasn't an option in the poll.

franco1688
10-06-2006, 07:43 PM
I don't know who's worse, honestly. There's a lot of crazy douche bags out there in the martial art world, I'm sure we've all ran into a few. Who knows I may be one of them :eek: . I actually ran into a "master" once who claims to have learned one of his forms in a dream. What am I spending my hard earned cash for. I can take a couple sleeping pills and possibly wake up a master. I guess it's worth a shot, right? I refuse to train under aliens (those guys are crazy) or a sasquatch (old man) up in the mountains.

Royal Dragon
10-06-2006, 08:06 PM
I don't know, a Sasquatch might be fun to train under!

bodhitree
10-07-2006, 06:51 AM
Yeah there aren't to many real masters like mine, Ashida Kim:D

Juna
12-16-2006, 03:41 AM
This is an ignorant thread.

jon
12-16-2006, 04:36 AM
Coming from you that is simply funny:)

5Animals1Path
12-16-2006, 04:59 AM

Yes, this certainly is, because Falun Gong recognizes the legitmacy of the caveman styles.......;)

Shaolin Wookie
12-16-2006, 06:20 AM

Oh, come on RD......are you beginning to believe in SD?:D

IronWeasel
12-16-2006, 09:43 AM

Unless he tries to check your oil!

Donkwoon
12-17-2006, 02:53 AM

I second that

bodhitree
12-18-2006, 06:07 AM
I second that
I third that FG isn't a stupid cult and its followers aren't brainwashed to the point where they will neglect their personal safety. Yeah threadstarter, thats ignorant, you just ignorant thread starter, you ignorant.

Juna
12-18-2006, 10:11 AM
Falun Dafa is great.

http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/32/

bodhitree
12-18-2006, 10:25 AM
Falun Dafa is da ghey.

http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/32/

finally, you realized. Do you practice martial arts?
om young do > fg
om young do is at least a martial art. Juna, why are you here, do you practice gong fu or just arguing about fg?

Juna
12-19-2006, 02:39 AM
Juna, why are you here,

You are libeling Falun Dafa, so I have to tell you the truth.

What is Falun Gong or Falun Dafa?

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is a traditional Chinese spiritual discipline for mind and body. The practice involves slow, gentle movements and meditation. It is easy to learn, enjoyable to practice, and free of charge. Its principles are based on Truth, Compassion, and Tolerance. The practice began in China in 1992 and quickly spread by word of mouth throughout China and then beyond. Falun Gong is practiced by over 100 million people in 80 countries. The main works of Falun Gong are available in over 30 languages.

http://clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/9/1/52070.html

bodhitree
12-19-2006, 05:12 AM
[QUOTE=Juna;726306]You are libeling Falun Dafa, so I have to tell you the truth.

QUOTE]
My, aren't you noble.

Juna
12-19-2006, 10:23 AM
[QUOTE=Juna;726306]You are libeling Falun Dafa, so I have to tell you the truth.

QUOTE]
My, aren't you noble.

You are libeling and insulting a righteous practice, that is dangerous for yourself.

Good is Rewarded, Evil Provokes Retribution

http://clearwisdom.net/emh/85/

Royal Dragon
12-19-2006, 12:13 PM
Did a sissy Qi Gong player just come on a KUNG FU board and threaten us???

Juna
12-19-2006, 12:21 PM
threaten us???

If you tell a child donot swim in deep water, that is dangerous, then the child says how dare you to threaten me?

Juna
12-20-2006, 12:57 PM
Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, was first introduced to the public in 1992 by Mr. Li Hongzhi. Due to its remarkable health benefits and its noble cultivation principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance," the practice became widely popular across China and around the world in a matter of years. Over the past five years of persecution, practitioners have remained determined in their belief and incredibly compassionate as they clarify the facts to the people deceived by propaganda and lies.

This collection is dedicated to those lost in desperation due to seemingly deadly disease. Our wish is that you benefit by reading these stories, and that a sense of hope and happiness will bless your life from this moment on.

http://clearwisdom.net/emh/136/

scholar
12-20-2006, 03:46 PM
Want to join yet another weird alien invasion cult that substitutes magic spells for ethical behaviour? A cult that insults every other practise to make itself look better? Right this way! Mr. Li Hongzhi's mystical magical Falungong! It is free, just buy the book! Also, you get to subordinate your will entirely to Li Hongzhi! What more could you ask?

What's that you say? You want to know exactly how Li Hongzhi's miraculous claims could be true? You must be an agent of the evil CCP! No one questions the living Buddha! In our noble spirit of tolerance and compassion we will not tolerate (or answer) questions! How dare you ask such a thing? Li Hongzhi is the greatest god in the universe. He said so! On your knees and worship Li Hongzhi! Now!

:p

syn
12-20-2006, 04:17 PM
Well I would say the Chinese government is brainwashing their citizens to a worser degree than Falun Gong and at least they are trying to impact the government.

To be honest though I don't know enough about Falun Gong, but the cause must have something good behind for people to die for it.

I would say this thread seems a little hateful where hate isn't needed. But that may just be because I'm a stupid liberal hippie. :p

GLW
12-20-2006, 04:36 PM
"but the cause must have something good behind for people to die for it."

I am sure that EVERY religious extremist for the past 2000 years appreciates your statement. Hmmm.... The Crusades, blowing up people, Jim Jones and his folks, the wackos thinking the aliens were coming....

ALL of them have the fact that they were willing to die for it...so..doing the math...

Free will is a b!tch....people are free to be stupid and give up their free will....

scholar
12-20-2006, 06:12 PM
It isn't meant to be hateful, it is meant to accentuate the absurdity of claims made by Falungong's founder and practitioners. Juna comes here, to a martial arts website, telling us, over and over like a cut and paste zombie, that Falungong is better than anything any puny martial artists have ever done. When we ask if he can prove it, or tell him to put a sock in it, Juna always replies with "Falungong is good" and about 20 more cut and pastes. His English isn't good enough to sustain an argument, apparently. Most of his threads have been deleted now, as this one will soon be.

You'll have to read some of Hongzhi's online lectures to truly understand what a contemptible creature he has made of himself; smugly racist megalomaniacal twaddle, the entire message.

Donkwoon
12-20-2006, 06:56 PM
What about Mantak Chia though? What has he done that is so bad? Who are his "Hippies"?
I practice stuff that I learned from him many years ago but I've never heard of this controversy untill I got to this board.

Juna
12-21-2006, 01:06 AM
"....people are free to be stupid and give up their free will....

Falun Gong practitioners try to assimilate to the nature of the universe, that is the real *Freedom*.

Juna
12-21-2006, 01:09 AM
In our noble spirit of tolerance and compassion we will not tolerate (or answer) questions! How dare you ask such a thing? :p

You are libeling.

People can ask, but people should not libel or insult.

Juna
12-21-2006, 01:13 AM
To be honest though I don't know enough about Falun Gong, but the cause must have something good behind for people to die for it.

People donot come to die for it, Falun Dafa gives practitioners healthy bodies, real happiness, real freedom and a lot more.
but ccp persecutes, murders innocent practitioners.

Juna
12-21-2006, 01:16 AM
On your knees and worship Li Hongzhi!

:p

Falun Dafa practitioners do not worship, we try to be good and assimilate to the nature of the universe--to be true, good and endure.

jon
12-21-2006, 04:35 AM
ccp persecutes, murders innocent practitioners.

You are libeling.

People can ask, but people should not libel or insult!

CCP is good and promotes healthy bodies, real happiness, real freedom and a lot more.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2006-12/21/content_764355.htm

bodhitree
12-21-2006, 04:48 AM
Don't you have anything better to do?

Donkwoon: Mantak Chia learned from "a master on the mountain" who has no name, and at least his taiji is questionable. Both are goofy practices, falun gong in my opinion brainwashes its deluded followers more (case in point Juna).
Everyone knows falun gong is bad.

bodhitree
12-21-2006, 06:18 AM
You are libeling.

People can ask, but people should not libel or insult!

CCP is good and promotes healthy bodies, real happiness, real freedom and a lot more.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2006-12/21/content_764355.htm

We do try hard, thanks for noticing!

bodhitree
12-21-2006, 06:23 AM
Well I would say the Chinese government is brainwashing their citizens to a worser degree than Falun Gong and at least they are trying to impact the government.

I would say this thread seems a little hateful where hate isn't needed. But that may just be because I'm a stupid liberal hippie. :p

Why are you libeling, this thread is good, this thread helps people to be with the nature of the universe. Libeling hater.

scholar
12-21-2006, 08:57 AM
Donkwoon: Mantak Chia learned from "a master on the mountain" who has no name, and at least his taiji is questionable. Both are goofy practices, falun gong in my opinion brainwashes its deluded followers more (case in point Juna). .

But I'll bet Mantak is responsible for the spread of more STDs!! :eek:

In a general way, he makes the same sorts of tedious claims about his stuff that Li Hongzhi does, that only his teachings have the "true secrets that everyone else has lost", blah, blah, blah... Anyone who claims he can teach you "iron shirt" in just one (expensive) weekend seminar has something fishy going on.

Juna
12-21-2006, 10:10 AM

?????

ccp promotes fight, hatred.

When speaking about tyranny, most Chinese people are reminded of Qin Shi Huang (259-210 B.C.), the first Emperor of the Qin Dynasty, whose oppressive court burnt philosophical books and buried Confucian scholars alive. Qin Shi Huang’s harsh treatment of his people came from his policy of “supporting his rule with all of the resources under heaven.” [1] This policy had four main aspects: excessively heavy taxation; wasting human labor for projects to glorify himself; brutal torture under harsh laws and punishing even the offenders’ family members and neighbors; and controlling people’s minds by blocking all avenues of free thinking and expression through burning books and even burying scholars alive. Under the rule of Qin Shi Huang, China had a population of about 10 million; Qin’s court drafted over 2 million to perform forced labor. Qin Shi Huang brought his harsh laws into the intellectual realm, prohibiting freedom of thought on a massive scale. During his rule, thousands of Confucian scholars and officials who criticized the government were killed.

Today the Chinese Communist Party (CCP)’s violence and abuses are even more severe than those of the tyrannical Qin Dynasty. The CCP’s philosophy is one of “struggle,” and the CCP’s rule has been built upon a series of “class struggles,” “path struggles,” and “ideological struggles,” both in China and toward other nations. Mao Zedong, the first CCP leader of the People’s Republic of China (PRC), put it bluntly by saying, “What can Emperor Qin Shihuang brag about? He only killed 460 Confucian scholars, but we killed 46,000 intellectuals. There are people who accuse us of practicing dictatorship like Emperor Qin Shihuang and we admit it all. It fits the reality. It is a pity that they did not give us enough credit, so we need to add to it.” [2]

Let’s take a look at China’s arduous 55 years under the rule of the CCP. As its founding philosophy is one of “class struggle,” the CCP has spared no efforts since taking power to commit class genocide, and has achieved its reign of terror by means of violent revolution. Killing and brainwashing have been used hand in hand to suppress any beliefs other than communist theory. The CCP has launched one movement after another to portray itself as infallible and godlike. Following its theories of class struggle and violent revolution, the CCP has tried to purge dissidents and opposing social classes, using violence and deception to force all Chinese people to become the obedient servants of its tyrannical rule.

http://en.epochtimes.com/news/4-12-13/24939.html

bodhitree
12-21-2006, 10:22 AM
yup, falun gong is definately worse, as you can see from subject juna.

Donkwoon
12-21-2006, 10:59 AM
Mantak Chia learned from "a master on the mountain" who has no name, and at least his taiji is questionable. Both are goofy practices, .

I've never read anything about the master on the mountain thing but I would just take that with a grain of salt because it seems that kung fu/chi gung often involve fable like stories. That doesn't affect my practice.

I don't have enough experience with his taiji to really discuss it.

The things that I do best that I learned from Chia are called The inner smile, microcosmic orbit and the six healing sounds. I realize that he went into a strange direction when he wrote all that sexual stuff eg. The Multi Orgasmic Male and that is part of the reason why my sifu left his organization. I feel though that the basic stuff ( that I listed) is a true and effective practice. In fact, it seems that's true of the entire first series of books that he wrote under his first publisher. He got wierd when he started to go "mainstream" and started to write all that sexual stuff.

As far as the practices that I listed, can you tell me if there is anything flawed about them?

Juna
12-21-2006, 12:27 PM
yup, falun gong is definately worse, as you can see from subject juna.

you are libeling without any facts.

scholar
12-21-2006, 03:32 PM
No, you ignore the facts. There is no libel, there is opinion. Li Hongzhi says he is a living Buddha, if you say things like that, in a society with religious pluralism you have to expect people to disagree with such a statement.

Is Li greater than the gods, as he says? Time will tell, as in the following story:

In late 18th century America, there was a Christian cult leader who went around the newly settled Ohio valley wearing a hat that had GOD embroidered on it and made his followers call him "Jehovah". Most people thought he was crazy, but he promised his followers he would come back to life three days after he died. He died, and after a week or so, his body began to really stink and the few remaining followers just kind of wandered off in dismay.

People can convince themselves of almost anything, but the proof is in the inevitable result. I'll bet that a week or so after Li eventually dies, his body will be getting a little ripe too... ;)

jon
12-21-2006, 06:07 PM
Falun Gong promotes fight, hatred.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/hkedition/2006-06/21/content_622116.htm

Juna
12-22-2006, 12:47 AM
promotes fight, hatred.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/hkedition/2006-06/21/content_622116.htm

Ccp Destroyed Traditional Culture

Culture is the soul of a nation. This spiritual factor is as important to mankind as physical factors such as race and land.

Cultural developments define the history of a nation’s civilization. The complete destruction of a national culture leads to the end of the nation. Ancient nations who had created glorious civilizations were considered to have vanished when their cultures disappeared, even though people of their races may have survived. China is the only country in the world whose ancient civilization has been passed down continuously for over 5,000 years. Destruction of its traditional culture is an unforgivable crime.

The Chinese culture, believed to be passed down by God, started with such myths as Pangu’s creation of heaven and the earth [1], Nüwa’s creation of humanity [2], Shennong’s identification of hundreds of medicinal herbs [3], and Cangjie’s invention of Chinese characters [4]. “Man follows the earth, the earth follows heaven, heaven follows the Tao, and the Tao follows what is natural.” [5] The Taoist wisdom of unity of heaven and humanity has coursed through the veins of Chinese culture. “Great learning promotes the cultivation of virtue.”[6] Confucius opened a school to teach students more than 2,000 years ago and imparted to society the Confucian ideals represented by the five cardinal virtues of benevolence, righteousness, propriety, wisdom, and faithfulness. In the first century, Shakyamuni’s Buddhism traveled east to China with its emphasis on compassion and salvation for all beings. The Chinese culture became more wide-ranging and profound. Thereafter, Confucianism, Buddhism, and Taoism became complementary beliefs in Chinese society, bringing the Tang Dynasty (618-907 A.D.) to the peak of its glory and prosperity, as is known to all under heaven.

Although the Chinese nation has experienced invasion and attack many times in history, the Chinese culture has shown great endurance and stamina, and its essence has been continuously passed down. The unity of heaven and humanity represents our ancestors’ cosmology. It is common sense that kindness will be rewarded and evil will be punished. It is an elementary virtue not to do to others what one does not want done to oneself. Loyalty, filial piety, dignity, and justice have set the social standards, and Confucius’ five cardinal virtues of benevolence, righteousness, propriety, wisdom, and faithfulness have laid the foundation for social and personal morality. With these principles, the Chinese culture embodied honesty, kindness, harmony, and tolerance. Common Chinese people’s death memorials show reverence to “heaven, earth, monarch, parents and teacher.” This is a cultural expression of the deep-rooted Chinese traditions, which include worship of god (heaven and earth), loyalty to the country (monarch), values of family (parents), and respect for teachers. The traditional Chinese culture sought harmony between man and the universe, and emphasized an individual’s ethics and morality. It was based on the faiths of the cultivation practices of Confucianism, Buddhism, and Taoism, and provided the Chinese people with tolerance, social progress, a safeguard for human morality, and righteous belief.

Unlike law, which prescribes hard rules, culture works as a soft constraint. The law enforces punishment after a crime has been committed, while culture, by nurturing morality, prevents crimes from happening in the first place. A society’s morality is often embodied in its culture.

In Chinese history, traditional culture reached its peak during the prosperous Tang Dynasty, coinciding with the height of the Chinese nation’s power. Science was also advanced and enjoyed a unique reputation among all nations. Scholars from Europe, the Middle East, and Japan came to study in Chang’an, the capital of the Tang Dynasty. Countries bordering China took China as their suzerain state. “Tens of thousands of countries came to pay tribute to China, even though they might have to be translated multiple times and clear successive customs.” [7]

After the Qin Dynasty (221-207 BC), China was often occupied by minority groups. This happened during the Sui (581-618AD), Tang (618-907AD), Yuan (1271-1361AD) and Qing (1644-1911AD) dynasties and in some other times when ethnic minorities established their own regimes. Nevertheless, almost all these ethnic groups were assimilated to the Chinese ways. This shows the great integrative power of traditional Chinese culture. As Confucius said, “(Thus) if the people from afar are not compliant, bring them around by cultivating (our) culture and virtue.” [8]

Since attaining power in 1949, the CCP has devoted the nation’s resources to destroying China’s traditional culture. This ill intention did not come from the CCP’s zeal for industrialization, nor from simple foolishness in worshipping Western civilization. Rather, it came from the CCP’s inherent ideological opposition to traditional Chinese culture. Thus, the CCP’s destruction of Chinese culture has been planned, well organized, and systematic, supported by the state’s use of violence. Since its establishment, the CCP has never stopped “revolutionizing” Chinese culture in the attempt to destroy its spirit completely.

Even more despicable than the CCP’s destruction of traditional culture is its intentional misuse and underhanded modification of traditional culture. The CCP has highlighted the vile parts from China’s history, things that occurred whenever people diverged from traditional values, such as internal strife for power within the royal family, the use of tactics and conspiracy, and the exercise of dictatorship and despotism. It has used these historical examples to help create the CCP’s own set of moral standards, ways of thinking, and system of discourse. In doing so, the CCP has given the false impression that the “Party culture” is actually a continuation of traditional Chinese culture. The CCP has even taken advantage of the aversion some people have for the “Party culture” to incite further abandonment of the authentic Chinese tradition.

The CCP’s destruction of traditional culture has brought disastrous consequences to China. Not only have people lost their moral bearings, they have also been forcibly indoctrinated with the CCP’s evil theories.

http://en.epochtimes.com/news/4-12-20/25087.html

Juna
12-22-2006, 12:51 AM
No, you ignore the facts. There is no libel, there is opinion. ;)

You ingore facts and that is libeling

jon
12-22-2006, 05:14 AM
Falun Gong destroyed lives!

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-01/20/content_410723.htm

scholar
12-22-2006, 07:23 AM
You ingore facts and that is libeling

OK, what facts am I ignoring? I've pretty much addressed all the insulting little comments as well as the fantastic claims you've directed to me. Make a list if you'd like, I'll provide a rebuttal for each point you or Li cares to make.

I've been studying Chinese martial arts and nei kung for 22 years now, and have been teaching nei kung for rehab in hospitals for 10 years, while explaining, clearly and cogently, why what I teach works to help people. Most doctors aren't idiots, and I have to address their skepticism directly and convincingly, and I do. No magic spells, no Fa-rectigfication, no moralistic babble; just clear demonstration of a mechanism for improving health. I also lecture 4th year medical students on (surprise, surprise) how they can tell if they are dealing with New Age frauds or Asian qigong or taiji cults like Falungong, Dahn Yoga, Mantak Chia, Suma Ching Hai, Reiki, etc. (the list goes on and on). I know my way around an academic discussion.

Libel, on the other hand, is a legal issue, defamation, and is defined legally as something actionable. No legal judgement, no actual libel. Libel is defined after the fact. If anything, I am addressing Li Hongzhi's inaccurate criticisms of Taijiquan, which the Chinese government has decided is libel (at least) on Li's part.

So there you have it. Your missionary activities on behalf of the demonstrable lunatic and coward Li Hongzhi have netted you zero converts and a reputation as a bit of an idiot here, at least. You should consider whether you are in fact damaging Falungong publicly by persisting where you aren't welcome?

Donkwoon
12-22-2006, 08:57 AM
I also lecture 4th year medical students on (surprise, surprise) how they can tell if they are dealing with New Age frauds or Asian qigong or taiji cults like Falungong, Dahn Yoga, Mantak Chia

Chia runs a cult? Please explain.

Juna
12-22-2006, 10:37 AM
Falun Gong destroyed lives!

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-01/20/content_410723.htm

As a ccp's lover, you have done enough to be at the side of evil.

The 55-year history of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) is written with blood and lies. The stories behind this bloody history are both extremely tragic and rarely known. Under the rule of the CCP, 60 to 80 million innocent Chinese people have been killed, leaving their broken families behind. Many people wonder why the CCP kills. While the CCP continues its brutal persecution of Falun Gong practitioners and recently suppressed protesting crowds in Hanyuan with gunshots, people wonder whether they will ever see the day when the CCP will learn to speak with words rather than guns.

Mao Zedong summarized the purpose of the Cultural Revolution, "…after the chaos the world reaches peace, but in 7 or 8 years, the chaos needs to happen again." [1] In other words, there should be a political revolution every 7 or 8 years and a crowd of people needs to be killed every 7 or 8 years.

A supporting ideology and practical requirements lie behind the CCP's slaughters.

Ideologically, the CCP believes in the "dictatorship of the proletariat" and "continuous revolution under the dictatorship of the proletariat." Therefore, after the CCP took over China, it killed the landowners to resolve problems with production relationships in rural areas. It killed the capitalists to reach the goal of commercial and industrial reform and solve the production relationships in the cities. After these two classes were eliminated, the problems related to the economic base were basically solved. Similarly, solving the problems related to the superstructure [2] also called for slaughter. The suppressions of the Hu Feng Anti-Party Group [3] and the Anti-Rightists Movement eliminated the intellectuals. Killing the Christians, Taoists, Buddhists and popular folk groups solved the problem of religions. Mass murders during the Cultural Revolution established, culturally and politically, the CCP's absolute leadership. The Tiananmen Square massacre was used to prevent political crisis and squelch democratic demands. The persecution of Falun Gong is meant to resolve the issues of belief and traditional healing. These actions were all necessary for the CCP to strengthen its power and maintain its rule in the face of continual financial crisis (prices for consumer goods skyrocketed after the CCP took power and China's economy almost collapsed after the Cultural Revolution), political crisis (some people not following the Party's orders or some others wanting to share political rights with the Party) and crisis of belief (the disintegration of the former Soviet Union, political changes in Eastern Europe, and the Falun Gong issue). Except for the Falun Gong issue, almost all the foregoing political movements were utilized to revive the evil specter of the CCP and incite its desire for revolution. The CCP also used these political movements to test CCP members, eliminating those who did not meet the Party's requirements.

Killing is also necessary for practical reasons. The Communist Party began as a group of thugs and scoundrels who killed to obtain power. Once this precedent was set, there was no going back. Constant terror was needed to intimidate people and force them to accept, out of fear, the absolute rule of the CCP.

On the surface, it may appear that the CCP was "forced to kill," and that various incidents just happened to irritate the CCP evil specter and accidentally trigger CCP's killing mechanism. In truth, these incidents serve to disguise the Party's need to kill, and periodical killing is required by the CCP. Without these painful lessons, people might begin to think the CCP was improving and start to demand democracy, just as those idealistic students in the 1989 democratic movement did. Recurring slaughter every 7 or 8 years serves to refresh people's memory of terror and can warn the younger generation—whoever works against the CCP, wants to challenge the CCP's absolute leadership, or attempts to tell the truth regarding China's history, will get a taste of the "iron fist of the dictatorship of the proletariat."

Killing has become one of the most essential ways for the CCP to maintain power. With the escalation of its bloody debts, laying down its butcher knife would encourage people to take vengeance for the CCP's criminal acts. Therefore, the CCP not only needed to conduct copious and thorough killing, but the slaughter also had to be done in a most brutal fashion to effectively intimidate the populace, especially early on when the CCP was establishing its rule.

Since the purpose of the killing was to instill the greatest terror, the CCP selected targets for destruction arbitrarily and irrationally. In every political movement, the CCP used the strategy of genocide. Take the "suppression of reactionaries" as an example. The CCP did not really suppress the reactionary "behaviors" but the "people" whom they called the reactionaries. If one had been enlisted and served a few days in the Nationalist (Kuomintang, KMT) army but did absolutely nothing political after the CCP gained power, this person would still be killed because of his "reactionary history." In the process of land reform, in order to remove the "root of the problem," the CCP often killed a landowner's entire family.

Since 1949, the CCP has persecuted more than half the people in China. An estimated 60 million to 80 million people died from unnatural causes. This number exceeds the total number of deaths in both World Wars combined.

As with other communist countries, the wanton killing done by the CCP also includes brutal slayings of its own members in order to remove dissidents who value a sense of humanity over the Party nature. The CCP's rule of terror falls equally on the populace and its members in an attempt to maintain an "invincible fortress."

In a normal society, people show care and love for one another, hold life in awe and veneration and give thanks to God. In the East, people say, "Do not impose on others what you would not want done to yourself [4]." In the West, people say, "Love thy neighbor as thyself [5]." Conversely, the CCP holds that "The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles [6]." In order to keep alive the "struggles" within society, hatred must be generated. Not only does the CCP take lives, it encourages people to kill each other. It strives to desensitize people towards others' suffering by surrounding them with constant killing. It wants them to become numb from frequent exposure to inhumane brutality, and develop the mentality that "the best you can hope for is to avoid being persecuted." All these lessons taught by brutal suppression enable the CCP to maintain its rule.

In addition to the destruction of countless lives, the CCP also destroyed the soul of the Chinese people. A great many people have become conditioned to react to the CCP's threats by entirely surrendering their reason and their principles. In a sense, these people's souls have died—something more frightening than physical death.

http://en.epochtimes.com/news/4-12-23/25124.html

Juna
12-22-2006, 10:42 AM
inaccurate criticisms of Taijiquan,

_
?

Where do you get the idea? From ccp's lies?

scholar
12-22-2006, 11:48 AM
From here:

http://www.faluncanada.net/library/english/sydney/xini_e.html

Don't tell me you haven't even read what your "living Buddha" says about himself?

scholar
12-22-2006, 11:54 AM
Chia runs a cult? Please explain.

Yeah, his senior "Healing Tao" students apparently engage in weird "Taoist" sex rituals and typical cult style brainwashing. I've run into a few escapees over the years, and that is what they have reported goes on. After looking through some of his books, I can believe it...

Juna
12-22-2006, 12:33 PM
From here:

Which sentence is not correct according to your opinion?

lunghushan
12-22-2006, 12:56 PM
You all just gotta stop. My grandma said last week, "Never argue religion or politics."

syn
12-22-2006, 01:14 PM
I'm sure CCP is enjoying this thread.

Donkwoon
12-22-2006, 03:37 PM
Yeah, his senior "Healing Tao" students apparently engage in weird "Taoist" sex rituals and typical cult style brainwashing. I've run into a few escapees over the years, and that is what they have reported goes on. After looking through some of his books, I can believe it...

I have read about how his chi gung system addresess sex but from what I understand, a lot of chi gung and yoga systems do. What do you mean by sex "rituals". Brain washing? Can you give examples? What books did you look at? Any links to this topic?

jon
12-22-2006, 04:50 PM
As a Falun Gong lover, you have done enough to be at the side of evil.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/cndy/2006-04/13/content_566530.htm

Next!

syn
12-22-2006, 07:11 PM
You guys are both siting super biased sources, but I don't really think there is much of an unbiased view for this argument which is unfortunate.

lunghushan
12-22-2006, 07:21 PM
I heard that there are these weird rituals at the north pole where immortals in the shape of small children create small objects of worship for distribution to innocent children throughout the world...

... forever tainting them to materialism, greed and corruption.

I've never been able to get up there to verify it, though. Supposedly they call it Christmas.

syn
12-22-2006, 07:25 PM
Heh that's one way of looking at it. :p

lunghushan
12-22-2006, 07:32 PM
So there were two guys at the edge of a cliff. They had traveled for many days and were extremely tired out. They desperately were trying to find some water since they hadn't drunk in 5 days.

In their hands they were carrying religious objects for worship in their temple. One of them was holding some cylinders of wax, and what looked like a bundle of sticks, and one of them was holding a huge metal disc and a short stick like object with a ball of leather on the end.

As they looked over the cliff, they could see a big river underneath, and another group of travelers gathered below drinking from it. They thought they were saved.

However, just then, one of them lost their footing. The guy with the huge disc reached out to grab him and pull him up, but in doing so, released his hold upon the object, which then rolled over the cliff edge.

At once the two looked at each other, and ran to the edge of the cliff and yelled a warning to the travelers underneath:

"Watch out for the FALLING GONG!!!"

lunghushan
12-22-2006, 07:42 PM
So this little girl was so sad. She had saved months and months, carefully watching her pennies, to buy a present for her brother.

Her brother was very sick and all she wanted to do was give him a present to make him better.

Finally, she had saved enough, and gone to the store to buy the gift. However, as she was leaving the store, her shoelace became untied, and she had to stop and tie it. She carefully placed the package next to her.

Just then a man man ran up and grabbed it. She couldn't believe it. She yelled, "Hey, hey, hey, stop man stop."

A policeman mounted on a horse heard her call. He saw a man running with the package. He hurriedly spurred his horse into action, and started chasing after the man.

But just then a bus was driving by, and the man had to stop for the bus. The horse had too much momentum however, and the policeman couldn't stop the horse. The horse ran over the man, and the man lay bleeding on the sidewalk.

The little girl ran up, and the policeman was feeling so bad he had hurt the man. "Little girl, why did you yell?" He scolded, "What did the man take?"

"BAD MAN TAKE CHIA." She exclaimed, grabbing the package, and pulling out the Chia-Pet she had brought for her brother.

Donkwoon
12-22-2006, 07:51 PM
I heard that there are these weird rituals at the north pole where immortals in the shape of small children create small objects of worship for distribution to innocent children throughout the world...

... forever tainting them to materialism, greed and corruption.

I've never been able to get up there to verify it, though. Supposedly they call it Christmas.

Ah Ha! That's way I'm the way that I am!:D

lunghushan
12-22-2006, 08:00 PM
Anyways, if you want my opinion on Mantak Chia, Falun Gong, or Santa Claus, or the Easter Bunny, it is this.

I have no evidence to dispute any of the contentions that people make about any of it. In light of no evidence, it is impossible to make any conclusion.

Henceforth I am mounting an expedition to the North Pole to find Santa Claus. I'm betting he and the elves be so tired out after Christmas that he will be taking a rest, and we'll be able to bag him in his lair while he's sleeping.

Then, in the spring, we can work on the Easter Bunny. After that, perhaps we can discuss some fact-finding missions on Falun Gong or Mantak Chia.

Donkwoon
12-22-2006, 08:56 PM
This is a lame thread and we are all dumber for having read it. Either give me something solid (on Chia) or admit that you really don't know.

lunghushan
12-22-2006, 11:34 PM
This is a lame thread and we are all dumber for having read it. Either give me something solid (on Chia) or admit that you really don't know.

Why don't you give Chia something solid? ;)

Donkwoon
12-22-2006, 11:46 PM
Why don't you give Chia something solid? ;)

I just knew someone was going to say that. Seriously, I feel that the practices (that I know so far) that Chia teaches, work well. If someone thinks otherwise then let me know why. Also, when I think of cults the concept of wrong-doing comes to mind. What has Chia done to derserve this treatment?

jon
12-22-2006, 11:59 PM
Syn,
The reason why im using the Chinese Daily is due to its bias.
Im simply taking Junas' posts and changing the words around while using another obviously biased source to make my argument. The whole point of which is to point out what a useless unproductive debate it makes. Juna will never respond with any of his own views, or with any arguments or facts from a peer reviewed source. Infact if a question is beyond his power to answer, he tries to bury it in a mountain of propaganda by posting entire pages taken from the same couple of obviously biased sites.

It would be one thing for Juna to support Falun Gong and be willing to engage in discussion about what he feels he gains from it - being a discussion board. It is quite another to refuse to allow any other opinions to go by without crying libel and spaming propaganda when ever someone raises any counter arguments.

Obviously, I dont like Falun Gong. I wouldnt mind, however, if Juna was here to give his opinion on Falun Gong while engaing with the other forum members about his views. This is in no way his intention, he is not willing to listen to other views, he is here to tell us we are all wrong and he is right, he has no intention what so ever of listening to anyone else.

lunghushan
12-23-2006, 12:08 AM
I just knew someone was going to say that. Seriously, I feel that the practices (that I know so far) that Chia teaches, work well. If someone thinks otherwise then let me know why. Also, when I think of cults the concept of wrong-doing comes to mind. What has Chia done to derserve this treatment?

Sorry for the sarcasm. Anyhoo, I PM'ed you ...

lunghushan
12-23-2006, 12:10 AM
Syn,
The reason why im using the Chinese Daily is due to its bias.
Im simply taking Junas' posts and changing the words around while using another obviously biased source to make my argument. ...
It would be one thing for Juna to support Falun Gong and be willing to engage in discussion about what he feels he gains from it - being a discussion board. It is quite another to refuse to allow any other opinions to go by without crying libel and spaming propaganda when ever someone raises any counter arguments.

Obviously, I dont like Falun Gong. I wouldnt mind, however, if Juna was here to give his opinion on Falun Gong ...

Bottom line is Grandma said don't argue politics or religion, okay? Don't argue with Grandma. She's much older than you and much wiser.

Seriously now, what do you hope to accomplish?

Juna
12-23-2006, 02:40 AM
Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, was first introduced to the public in 1992 by Mr. Li Hongzhi. Due to its remarkable health benefits and its noble cultivation principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance," the practice became widely popular across China and around the world in a matter of years. Over the past five years of persecution, practitioners have remained determined in their belief and incredibly compassionate as they clarify the facts to the people deceived by propaganda and lies.

This collection is dedicated to those lost in desperation due to seemingly deadly disease. Our wish is that you benefit by reading these stories, and that a sense of hope and happiness will bless your life from this moment on.

http://clearwisdom.net/emh/136/

Falun Dafa is great.

bodhitree
01-02-2007, 05:32 AM
you are libeling without any facts.

Do you claim the "epochtimes" has facts? You truely do have problems that run deeper than your brainwashing.
Donkwoon, yes, you are dumber for having read something that takes apart false practices and cults that hurt peoples lives.

Donkwoon
01-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Donkwoon, yes, you are dumber for having read something that takes apart false practices and cults that hurt peoples lives.

I'm actually just talking about Chia. I don't know much at all about FG. If Mantak Chia's practice is false or harmful, then I want to know exactly how.