PDA

View Full Version : Video: Sanhechuan gets wrecked

SanHeChuan
10-07-2006, 03:32 PM
This video is for entertainment purposes only! I only post this because I know how fun it is to get a glimpse of the men and women behind the digital curtain.

In the video I'm the guy in black that loses. The guy in white is a dude from my school. For what ever reason I can't get serious when sparring him, so I lose. For those who don't know, the nature of my geography limits my options for Martial arts, so I'm in a Shorin ryu school for now.

Anyway I had originally planed on posting a SanDa video but that didn't work out.

And yes I know point sparring sucks, but it is fun and can be educational with the right perspective.

Video (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1258711821&n=2) :rolleyes:

Faruq
10-07-2006, 03:50 PM
Hey man, you're doing more than a whole lot of people in practicing and sparring. Then you've got the courage to post a video on the net that everyone could criticize. I have nothing negative to say, and instead really congratulate you on your initiative and courage.

All The Best Bruh

Oso
10-07-2006, 04:14 PM
yea, fun is fun.

will your sensei only let you guys point spar?

SanHeChuan
10-07-2006, 04:26 PM
Yeah pretty much. I wanted to start a San Shou program but he had to get the OK from his insurance company. It didn't seem like he was interested enough in it for me to pursue. Most of his students are kids and family oriented, so he probable didn't think it would be good for business. I thought it could draw in some Marines from the base, but what ever. :cool:

Mr Punch
10-07-2006, 04:48 PM
****, point sparring is hopeless!

But thanks for sharing.

:)

Oso
10-07-2006, 08:47 PM
the insurance thing is scary. when I first opened my doors and got insurance I went through a real paranoid stage. I still don't let people open up till I feel I can trust they or their parents aren't going to sue me over a broken nose or something.

Shaolinlueb
10-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Hey man, you're doing more than a whole lot of people in practicing and sparring. Then you've got the courage to post a video on the net that everyone could criticize. I have nothing negative to say, and instead really congratulate you on your initiative and courage.

All The Best Bruh

pretty much the same.

just practice some more man and keep your hands up.

SanHeChuan
11-04-2006, 03:52 PM
A New Video

Continuous Sparring One (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1382054670)

I'm in red.

"Me and Rick doing some endurance sparring. We had just done a 15 min round before this, so we were already tired. I also a had a 2 hour Kata warm up, and we were there doing Kata for another 2 hours after this."

I should have got that first 15 min round on tape, It had some better stuff in it.

However there is one part in here that I really like. Rick throws a RH ridge hand/hook I roll left with my own RH hook, his misses, mine connects.

Anyway, like I've said many times this kind of sparring and point sparring is to teach Timing and Distance. If you get nothing else out of it, those two skills will be enough. The problem comes when people think that this kind of play fighting makes them bad azz. :rolleyes: