PDA

View Full Version : looking for a good bagua school in the seattle area

BruceSteveRoy
10-07-2006, 03:36 PM
ok i have a friend that moved to washington state and he is interested in starting to learn tcma and i recommended baguazhang to him bc i think it suits him as a person. however, i don't know any schools or instructors out there and i dont want to reccomend a school that is sub par. i am also hoping to find a school that is traditional and not the modern wushu version of the style. if anyone could please help me i would really appreciate it. PM me with any possible leads. thanks.
regards,
~Steve

Fu-Pow
10-08-2006, 03:32 PM
ok i have a friend that moved to washington state and he is interested in starting to learn tcma and i recommended baguazhang to him bc i think it suits him as a person. however, i don't know any schools or instructors out there and i dont want to reccomend a school that is sub par. i am also hoping to find a school that is traditional and not the modern wushu version of the style. if anyone could please help me i would really appreciate it. PM me with any possible leads. thanks.
regards,
~Steve

www.taoiststudiesinstitute.org

woliveri
10-09-2006, 04:00 AM
Fu-Pow,

Can you say why you recommend this school for Bagua? There's no mention of lineage, style, who the teacher is or where he/she studied.

They should provide some background to support their rate schedule.

Thanks,

Fu-Pow
10-09-2006, 08:19 AM
I'm not sure where my Lao Shi learned Ba Gua. It's not his main style. His teacher is Feng Zhiqiang in Chen Taiji, which is where he probably picked up his Ba Gua. However, his skill level is very high in Taiji so I assume that some of that transfers to Ba Gua so I would still recommend it.

FP

Three Harmonies
10-09-2006, 10:14 PM
Zhang Jie is out here and his Bagua is supposed to be pretty top notch. Contact Andy Dale www.wuji.com or www.wuji.org I think!?!?!? He also does some, and seems to know everyone in town.
If you are not totally sold on Bagua I teach Sun Taiji, and Song Xing Yi.
Cheers
Jake :)

Rockwood
10-10-2006, 09:44 AM
Professor Zhang Jie can be found at:

http://www.masterzhangjie.com/

-Jess O

Golden Arms
10-11-2006, 12:38 PM
Zhang Jie is a nice guy, and a pretty good teacher. His emphasis is a lot more on the body mechanics and movement than on combat applications per se, so it depends on what you friend wants, but I would at the very least go visit him. He teaches up in the north end of Seattle and is cool with letting people watch and explaining things as well.

BruceSteveRoy
10-13-2006, 08:05 AM
thanks everyone i appreciate the replies. I am forwarding all of this information on to my friend for him to decide.