PDA

View Full Version : Multiple opponents

wufupaul
10-22-2001, 11:41 PM
I was reading through Legend's thread about fighting multiple attackers or vice versa, and I thought of something. I have never seen a no holds barred type of tournament where there are multiple opponents in the ring. Of course, I've seen wrestling battle royals, but I'm thinking of something similar to Pride rules, a little bit more realistic, haha. Of course, there couldn't be too many people in there, as it would be hard to keep an eye on all the fighters and watch for submissions, knockouts, etc. What do you guys think about the possibility of having 4 or 5 fighters go at it in a ring until there's only one standing? I think it would be interesting. I personally think it would favor a stand up fighter, because that is definitely not a situation that you would want to go to the ground in, if there were other people that could jump on you.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about
life. IT GOES ON.

origenx
10-22-2001, 11:44 PM
But wait, then grappling's main weakness - multiple opponents - would be shamelessly exploited and exposed! That simply cannot be allowed!

Shaolin36
10-22-2001, 11:48 PM
I think the favored would be the shaolin longfist boxer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Braden
10-23-2001, 03:54 AM
I don't think it would be a good idea simply because I think each additional person you put in will increase how dangerous it is exponentially. It's an interesting thought experiment, but I don't like seeing even complete strangers get crippled or die.

Stranger
10-23-2001, 05:27 AM
Here you go Mass Melee USSR vs. PRC (http://members.tripod.com/~CombatMachine/kemp05_e.htm)

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

Grappling-Insanity
10-23-2001, 06:25 AM
No kidding how would you like to go into the ring with 6 ppl in a battle royal.