PDA

View Full Version : Master Su Yu Chang Seminar in Anchorage, Ak

baji-fist
07-21-2001, 04:17 AM
Master Su Yu Chang will be conducting seminars in Anchorage, Alaska from August 4-5. He will be teaching the following seminars:

Ba Gwun (Preying Mantis Double Rods)

Shiba Lohan Gong (18 Lohan Skill)

For more information, please email Paolo Castaneda at guobaolo@hotmail.com

You must eat bitter before you can taste sweet.

count
07-22-2001, 08:31 PM
We had Master Su last Thursday night and as always he was very enlightening. Wow, what an in depth understanding of the internal. We discussed the correct way of bringing the five elements into our tai chi/bagua. Afterwards, I am convinced that people like Gary on this board are correct about the amount of good tai chi being taught. Even the "healthful" instructors do not bring all the organs into their forms. You can do tai chi your whole life and if you don't activate the organs you are doing nothing. Anyone who has the chance to spend time with Master Su would be doing themselves a favor no matter what style you study. This man has the ability to bring out the best in anyone. I wish I could make it to Alaska for your workshop but my travel budget is stretched to the max and Master Su has already promised us more hands on in Ohio this fall. Good luck, and I hope you get a great turn-out. Let us know what you get from him. ;)

Count

Kabooom.com (http://kabooom.com)

Chi Kung International (http://chikungintl.com)

baji-fist
07-23-2001, 10:01 PM
Thanks for your insights with Master Su. I also had the experience of attending one of his seminars in Ohio. I was picking up some of the Po-An (two man mantis form) from him. Very enlightening experience. He definitely had a wealth of knowledge to share. What was really nice too was that he brought with him his kung fu brother, Chen Guo Qin. This guy was amazing and his Xing-I is very high level (RAF can verify this). So are you going to Yang Xiao Dong's tournament this year? How lucky you are to go! I really wanted to go this year, but I will be making a trip to Norway to meet up with my fiancee. If by any chance I do come up with some cash to go, I'll make sure to look for you. Sifu Wong and a couple of my kung fu bros will be going this year. Anyway, I'll fill you in about what happend in the seminar. Keep in touch

Nexus
07-23-2001, 10:33 PM
Ill be attending locally and will give a detailed report of how it goes and what he goes over. I'll even do an interview of the importance of activating the organs/merdians properly if he allows it in his spare time.
- Nexus

Freedom is what you do with what is done to you. - Sartres

count
07-23-2001, 10:59 PM
Please E-mail me at once :o

Guo Bao-Lo, If Master Chen is who I think you are talking about, he visited our class a couple of times and was with Master Su last week. He is the one for bagua! I already new about your travel plans, but it would be really great if you could make it to Ohio. Jason and 4 or 5 of us are planning on going. This will be our first year there and it should be great fun. :)

Count

PS: Master Su book, The Invisible Web explains everything in great detail. It was great to have him show and explian in his own words though.

baji-fist
07-24-2001, 08:26 AM
I couldn't help but notice that you are also from Alaska. I am glad to hear that you will be able to attend the seminar with Master Su. About interviewing Master Su, he only speaks Spanish and Chinese, but he will be bringing his interpreter with him too. Also, Sifu Wong, my teacher, can help translate for you if you have any questions.

If you would like to register, please visit us at our school and we can talk more about the seminar. Sifu is currently out of town though, but if you would like to talk to him, he should be in class next Monday. BTW, who do you study Taijiquan with? Well I hope to see you at the seminar and please feel free to email me anytime.

baji-fist
08-02-2001, 02:28 AM
Hello all! Yesterday afternoon, my sifu, two of my kung fu brothers, and I went to the airport to pick up Master Su and his assistant. Master Su then visited our class and gave a lecture on traditional kung fu, qi gong, and of course the late bajiquan grandmaster, Liu Yun Qiao. We had a very inspiring discussion. He definitely is a jewel and has tons and tons of information to share with traditional martial artists. I can't wait till we the seminar to learn more from the amazing man!

count
08-02-2001, 01:54 PM
Regards to our cousins and uncles in the great white north. ;) You sound like a kid a christmas time when your grandparents come to town baring gifts. Enjoy your time with Master Su!

Count

Nexus
08-10-2001, 11:54 PM
How was it!! Give us details :)

Thanks,

- Nexus

Freedom is what you do with what is done to you. - Sartres

baji-fist
08-11-2001, 05:13 AM
I am sorry for the lateness of my reply, I have been practicing the two forms that Master Su shared with us during his stay here. I must say, the seminar with Master Su was fantastic!!! We learned the Ba Gwun set from the preying mantis style and it was quite challenging! The Qi Gong was great. I wish I had taken notes like my other kung fu bros and sis were doing. There was so much info we recieved I only processed the Lan Jie form and Ba Gwun form. Although Master Su talked a lot about how you can use the five elements for certain strikes. The traditional ma bu position works the stomach. I gotta go over the notes my kung fu sister took during the seminar. I think what was as enjoyable was the stories of Master Su's training with Grandmaster Liu Yun Qiao. Master Su was quite a trouble maker in his youth and it was really funny hearing these stories of what he did when he was younger.

If anybody has the chance to attend his seminars or have the chance to learn from him, take full advantage of it. He has a wealth of knowledge and when he passes away, a lot of that knowledge may die with him. We are planning to bring him up again sometime in the near future. This was truly an experience I will forever cherish.