PDA

View Full Version : Tai Shing Pek Kwar Moon (Videos)

Sow Choy
10-10-2006, 08:22 AM
Hi all...

When I have the chance... I study Kung Fu under Master Chow Keung, a student of Monkey King Chan Sau Chung... Was recently in Hong Kong for his b-day...

Wanted to share some videos...

Me performing Snake Head Spear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3-akwmAV_8

Double Handed Broadsword:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPIDCjh7gwg

Here is Master Chow Keung... 2 of the sets were done slow, I am guessing for one of his students...

Gow jow kwun, 9 continents staff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7hf1rqnsi4

Double Handed Broadsword:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdfiZe6xRr0

Lost Monkey Form:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz7QLd2Qh34

enjoy...

Joe

GeneChing
10-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Their Nine Continents is parallel to the BSL version. I worked on Chan Sau Chung's Nine Continents Staff Video (http://www.martialartsmart.net/tcck003.html) and Wing Lam's Nine Province Eyebrow Height Staff (http://www.wle.com/products/VSL04D.html)(which I used to practice, but I haven't done it in years). It was interesting to break them both down and compare (although the projects were years apart). Dang...where is that old BSL lyric thread for this set?

Baqualin
10-10-2006, 01:22 PM
I really liked the videos...I've wanted to see some vids of Monkey King forms for a while...I especially liked the Lost Monkey form...thanks for posting them.....by the way your form is awesome...... great work:)

I hope Flying Monkey views these...I would like to hear his comments.
BQ

Flying-Monkey
10-10-2006, 02:15 PM
Good stuff, Joe! You make my want to post some videos.

I met you like six years ago. I had two pulled groin muscle and back and wasn't very happy that trip. However, your sifu and you were very kind.

tattooedmonk
10-10-2006, 02:17 PM
excellent!! I really enjoyed these forms as well. Hey baqualin have you seen the stone monkeys crafty hands form?? I do not believe Master Sin has taught it back east ...I believe it is one of the forms that DS & SS obtained from Master Hsiang........

Sow Choy
10-10-2006, 02:24 PM
Thanks everyone...

Flying Monkey, thank you for your kind words... Did we meet in HK? Everytime I hang out with the monkey crew I have a great time... These past 2 years have hung out alot with Chan Koon Tai... He is cool, but to me Chow Keung definitely is the coolest... He even has good fashion sense... lol

Take care all...

Joe

Flying-Monkey
10-10-2006, 02:25 PM
excellent!! I really enjoyed these forms as well. Hey baqualin have you seen the stone monkeys crafty hands form?? I do not believe Master Sin has taught it back east ...I believe it is one of the forms that DS & SS obtained from Master Hsiang........

Are you stating that GM The knows some TSPK form, too?

Baqualin
10-10-2006, 02:42 PM

I have not, GSM is just now starting to teach out Monkey forms here....he did teach some Monkey forms very early on late 60's early 70's right before I started, so it could have been that or from Hiang, who according to his web site is not teaching any Monkey forms. But I would love to see/ learn it:D

Flying-Monkey
10-10-2006, 02:43 PM
Thanks everyone...

Flying Monkey, thank you for your kind words... Did we meet in HK? Everytime I hang out with the monkey crew I have a great time... These past 2 years have hung out alot with Chan Koon Tai... He is cool, but to me Chow Keung definitely is the coolest... He even has good fashion sense... lol

Take care all...

Joe

We meet in San Fran and Florida. Your sifu's and your preformance was great.

Sow Choy
10-10-2006, 02:52 PM
Thank you again Flying Monkey...

There is a post I put in the southern forum for some of my friends there, its about the great grandmaster of the monkey/ axe fist style "Tai Shing Pek Kwar"...

Its under double handed broadsword, I think many of you will enjoy the story... I was schooled by the monkey king over a 4 hour dim sum... He is a great guy, full of knowledge and has seen some history as well as being part of history...

Check it out...

Southern Forum...

Didnt wanna repost it here...

Baqualin
10-10-2006, 03:00 PM
Are you stating that GM The knows some TSPK form, too?

Lets put it this way...we have a complete Monkey system in SD...GMS is starting to teach it out...I have no idea if it's the same as what you study, which from what I've seen so far is pretty awesome ....I only know it as he teaches it out....so far he has taught out Shaolin Monkey Fist and the 1st & 2nd roads of the Ground Monkey....the Stone Monkey's crafty hands form is something taught years ago by him or his brother to some upper level students at that time....is this form familar to you?

We do know real CMA when we see it and these videos are the real deal and I would love to see some of your stuff just because I enjoy seeing people perform with true ability:)

I hope I can move as well as Master Chow Keung does when I'm 60:D
BQ

Baqualin
10-10-2006, 03:02 PM

There is a post I put in the southern forum for some of my friends there, its about the great grandmaster of the monkey/ axe fist style "Tai Shing Pek Kwar"...

Its under double handed broadsword, I think many of you will enjoy the story... I was schooled by the monkey king over a 4 hour dim sum... He is a great guy, full of knowledge and has seen some history as well as being part of history...

Check it out...

Southern Forum...

Thanks for sharing all this with us....it's nice to see threads like this:)

Baqualin
10-10-2006, 03:23 PM

My bad ....M. Hiang is teaching 2 Monkey forms...White Monkey and Mad Gorilla.BQ

Flying-Monkey
10-10-2006, 06:12 PM

Check it out...

Southern Forum...

That was a great story. You can sit and listen to Sigung's storys all day.

How long did it take to get your Cantonese up to par?

brothernumber9
10-11-2006, 04:42 AM
I took a pic with Anthony Wong at tournament 2000, now I can't find it. I'm sure Joe has a ton. He seemed like a really cool guy.

Sow Choy
10-11-2006, 04:34 PM
Hi...

Well as some know I studied under Grandmaster Lee Koon Hung until he passed away in 1996, since then with his younger brother Li Siu Hung, neither could speak English quite well...

I worked for GM Lee Koon Hung at the school, he started training me to be an instructor so I needed to learn Cantonese fast... I knew some basics before, but that was the beginning of my change to Cantonese. After Li Siu Hung came, he was even worse, they both taought me more cantonese then they learned English. They felt it was easier that way...

So almost 12 years... There have been times where I didnt speak English for days, like my recent 2 week trip to Hong Kong, I went by myself...

Anothony is a very nice guy, just super busy and super famous now... Hard to walk on the streets... The last 2 times I was there, barely had time to talk with him, but he always would come and talk for a bit... very nice guy...

Joe

for those who dont know me here... here is the link to my school

http://www.leekoonhungkungfu.com

Green Cloud
10-12-2006, 07:18 AM
Sow Choi those vids were great outstanding:) Some of the best stuff I've seen to date on this forum

David Jamieson
10-12-2006, 07:42 AM
Liked the sword form.

Also liked the small amount of techniques expressed in the sets. This makes for good ingranation of them.

sidenote: make the clips of yourself bigger. you are effectively a tiny red whirling dude in them. :p

Sow Choy
10-12-2006, 08:30 AM
Green Cloud,

Thanks brother...

David...

Used final cut pro, and the clips were from a digital camera... Any idea how to make them bigger? Thanks in advance...

Joe

Faruq
10-12-2006, 09:37 AM
Speaking of Tai Sheng Pek Kwar, was the story about master Cho Chat Ling having existed and taught people in Cali ever proven or disproven? Was there ever a master Cho Chat Ling?

Sow Choy
10-12-2006, 10:03 AM
Faruq,

I have never heard Chan Sau Chung or Chow Keung mention Cho Chat Ling... We speak to Chan Sau Chung once a week about, since he now lives in Vancouver and is bored alot... lol

Is Cho Chat Ling related to the Paulie Zink story?

According to Chan Sau Chung, his teacher Kwan Tak Hoi, who put the monkey officially into the system from Kao Sze, didnt like teaching as he found students to be lazy... Kwan Tak Hoi didnt have anyone learn enough or learn the monley system while in China...

After teaching a little in the north and south parts of China, Kwan Tak Hoi was fed up with it and moved to Hong Kong... He lived with Lam Jo taught him a few sets I believe...

Chan Sau Chung became the 1st real student of Kwan Tak Hoi and then shortly was in charge of teaching... He was like a son to Kwan Tak Hoi and later lived with him. So Chan Sau Chung knows of all the students who ever trained under Kwan Tak Hoi.

I believe what he says, makes sense, especially after seeing all the monkey kung fu out there, to me, Im only impressed with their monkey style...

I'm not a big fan of monkey kung fu or imitation kung fu, too much wushu or weird stuff out there... But with their monkey, I have seen its uses...

Joe

beiquan
10-12-2006, 10:53 AM
Nice videos, as Gene said there is a big similarity between your 9 Province Pole and the set that we practice in Gu Ruzhang's lineage. Would love to see a version of your Dan Dao (single broadsword) if you have it! :D

Sow Choy
10-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Beiquan...

Will try to get a clip of it...

I have seen the Pek Kwar Dahn Do of Chan Kwok Wai's line and learned one though LKH CLF as well, most likely from Northern Shaolin somewhere...

But none of them are identical to Tai Shing Pek Kwar, you can see its definitely the same form, but many drastic chnages... the one I learned has a jump toe kick and a hurricane kick in it... Tai Shing Pek Kwar has neither... from what I remember... I learned almost half of it, while helping Chow Keung train a non chinese speaking student...

See if u can post a clip too... Love to see the Shaolin stuff...

Joe

beiquan
10-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Thanks, I don't have any footage of our Dan Dao set but there is some video of the BSL 9 Province floating around... I think it's Wing Lam's version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwXYyHGoKm4

B-Rad
10-12-2006, 11:49 AM
Is there an official tspk website anymore? All I get on google is Zink's stuff :(

Faruq
10-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Yeah, I was talking about the Paulie Zink story. I saw the fued between them end a few years back, and had wondered if that had been due to the Cho Chat Ling having been verified. I guess not though.

Faruq,

I have never heard Chan Sau Chung or Chow Keung mention Cho Chat Ling... We speak to Chan Sau Chung once a week about, since he now lives in Vancouver and is bored alot... lol

Is Cho Chat Ling related to the Paulie Zink story?

According to Chan Sau Chung, his teacher Kwan Tak Hoi, who put the monkey officially into the system from Kao Sze, didnt like teaching as he found students to be lazy... Kwan Tak Hoi didnt have anyone learn enough or learn the monley system while in China...

After teaching a little in the north and south parts of China, Kwan Tak Hoi was fed up with it and moved to Hong Kong... He lived with Lam Jo taught him a few sets I believe...

Chan Sau Chung became the 1st real student of Kwan Tak Hoi and then shortly was in charge of teaching... He was like a son to Kwan Tak Hoi and later lived with him. So Chan Sau Chung knows of all the students who ever trained under Kwan Tak Hoi.

I believe what he says, makes sense, especially after seeing all the monkey kung fu out there, to me, Im only impressed with their monkey style...

I'm not a big fan of monkey kung fu or imitation kung fu, too much wushu or weird stuff out there... But with their monkey, I have seen its uses...

Joe

Sow Choy
10-12-2006, 11:57 AM
Faruq,

I know the TSPK people very well... They find it weird that Paulie Zink never contacted them ever, even when they were here in the USA. Also they have tried to contact him, but he never replied.

They are not mad at him, they think he is misrepresenting their style and himself... no offense to Paulie Zink, I never met him... He claims to be TSPK, but there is not one similarity between the 2... They have a few of his videos (Paulie Zink) that were given to them.

As far as they are concerned, there is no such person or anyone unknown who is able to teach the system... So let the people judge themselves I guess...

But the TSPK take extreme care of who is allowed to teach...

BTW...

There is no official TSPK site at this time... you can reach Master Chow Keung at www.ck-kungfu.com

Joe

GeneChing
10-12-2006, 12:09 PM
beiquan, that's Jaime Tan, an old classmate of mine from Wing Lam! He was mainly a tai chi guy, but he loved the BSL staff set. Cool to see his vid. I haven't seen Jaime in nearly a decade, maybe more. He moved to OR and that was that the last I'd seen of him.

Flying-Monkey
10-12-2006, 02:40 PM
As for Zink, I spoke with Sigung a great deal about this. I think Sigung was being too nice. Sigung gave Zink a lot of chances to proof himself, but Zink and Matsuda didn't contact them except for an e-mail stating that because the copyright of Sigung's book expired, they can use the pictures in Sigung's book. Also, they said to call they lawyer.

Now, Zink lives in Montana with his wife teaching yoga.

Green Cloud
10-12-2006, 08:55 PM
Wow yoga, well he is flexible

street_fighter
10-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Wow, those clips are great. That snake spear demo was hawt. So, what styles does Chow Keung practice? Just TSPKM?

Flying-Monkey
10-13-2006, 02:38 PM
Wow, those clips are great. That snake spear demo was hawt. So, what styles does Chow Keung practice? Just TSPKM?

yes, only TSPK.

Sow Choy
10-13-2006, 03:21 PM
In the TSPK school they have a handfull of other sets in there too...

Baji, Ta Chi, Pakua, Wu Tang Geem, Mizhong Kuen, he knows an old Lohan hand set... A Black Tiger set... And what is great about Chow Keung is his quality is the same with everything he does... truly a perfectionist...

Monkey King Chan Sau Chung studied under a famous Wutang sword teacher, I forgot the name, maybe Flying Monkey knows it... That I belive is where the baji also comes from... I have never seen Baji as impressive as Chow Keung's...

Joe

GeneChing
10-13-2006, 03:51 PM
I worked on their Lau Yip Broadsword video (http://www.martialartsmart.net/tcck004.html) too. Strangely, I can't remember if it was parallel to the BSL broadsword right at this moment. I want to say it was, but as I'm looking over my notes, I can't tell. I guess I have to get off my ass and dig out that video to have another look.

It really bothered me when GM Chan Sau Chung (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=259) and his son Chan Kai Leung (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=234) were discussing Zink. They said he was 'just doing yoga'. That's not yoga. That's contortionism. There's a huge difference. To call what he does yoga is probably as insulting to yoga students as some TSPK people feel about calling Zink's stuff TSPK. But I can't fault Zink. Yoga is far more lucrative than kung fu.

BTW, this is slightly OT, but does anyone watch Kim Possible? Check out the villians section (ttp://psc.disney.go.com/disneychannel/kimpossible/villains/index.html) - click 'Monkey Fist' and then click his 'Special Powers'. ;)

Sow Choy
10-13-2006, 04:01 PM
Flying Monkey & or Gene,

Is Lau Yip & Pek Kwar Dahn Do diff forms?

Joe

street_fighter
10-13-2006, 04:45 PM
I really didn't know that... The more I find out about tai shing pek kwar the more interested I am. And to think that next year I will be in Vancouver where the monkey king is. I should really check them out. Thanks for the info, and Joe, you are the man! Very impressive forms.

Flying-Monkey
10-14-2006, 01:13 AM
Joe,

My sigung learned Wudang sword from Kwok Kei Fung.

Broad sword topic:

The two sword forms are different.

Sow Choy
10-14-2006, 03:45 PM
Thanks Flying Monkey...

I am very happy that you are here...

Look foward to further chats...

btw, who do you study under?

Joe

Flying-Monkey
10-15-2006, 03:32 AM
Thanks Flying Monkey...

I am very happy that you are here...

Look foward to further chats...

btw, who do you study under?

Joe

Thanks a lot.

I am looking forward too.

I student under Sigung and Sifu Chan Kai Leung

Eddie
10-15-2006, 09:56 AM
Apparently there is a story about the Gau Cha staff where the emperor summoned all the famous schools and associations to present their staff form to him. He then selected the Gau Cha staff to be taught to his body guards. Not to sure about the rest of the story. Master Chow recently taught Gau Cha and Pek Gwar Darn Dao in SA.

I got some awesome video clips of Master Chow doing Pek Gwar 4, Gau Cha Gwun, Darn Dao, and Hak Fu Kuen, but Master Chow told me he didn’t want video clips on the internet, so I think for now I will just leave them. I will send it to you Sow Choy. Just give me a week or so. I need to convert them to pc video file, and I'm pretty busy during the weeks.

Sow Choy
10-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Eddie,

Thank you in advance... Would love to have those clips... I was helping him teach students in Hong Kong who couldnt speak cantonese, dahn do was one of the forms... I have seen gow jow kwun so many times and from the video... I know it pretty well now...

Flying Monkey...

Give a big hug to both Chan Kai Leung and GM Chan Sau Chung... I will definitely be at their next banquet in Seattle... Also let Chan Kai Leung know I was veryy happy to be invited to his wedding...

Peace...

Joe

Flying-Monkey
10-15-2006, 07:35 PM
Thanx, I will send your well wishes. I am going to that banquet next September.

Sow Choy
10-16-2006, 01:23 PM
Flying Monkey.

Make sure you find me so we can have a few beers together... :P

JOE

Flying-Monkey
10-16-2006, 02:39 PM
Flying Monkey.

Make sure you find me so we can have a few beers together... :P

JOE

You got it!

Shaolindynasty
10-17-2006, 08:52 AM
Sow Choy- Good luck with the new school location.

Sow Choy
10-17-2006, 09:51 AM
Thanks...

Open Invite to anyone who wants to come... pm me for details or check the calendar...

Joe

GeneChing
10-20-2006, 05:31 PM
For some reason, I thought I had done the CSC translation after I did the BSL lyric postings, so I was expecting it to be later. Ahhh, my memory nowadays, it's all a punch drunk blur...

9 province eyebrow height staff lyrics (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13315)

I also found the answer about the broadsword question early on the broadsword lyric thread (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13378).

Sow Choy
10-23-2006, 09:53 PM
Gene...

Thanks for posting the lyrics... I saved them, you dont have the chinese characters also do you?

Joe

GeneChing
10-24-2006, 09:24 AM
...but I'm not sure where they are now. Stuffed in some file no doubt. Others have asked me about that too. If I find them again, I'll supply them, but I probably won't find them until I'm forced to move again. I might have CSC's lyrics somewhere too. Sifu Lam had this great book - something he handcopied that was passed to him from his master. It had all the BSL lyrics plus a lot of other interesting material - advice on BSL and such. Sadly I never got a copy of that. Perhaps one of the other senior students did, although I'm not sure how many knew of it. Most just took what he said for granted, like what happens in almost every master/student scenario. Few actually question the source.

mooyingmantis
11-12-2006, 08:08 PM
What happened to the videos on YouTube? When I tried to access them it said they were private.
Richard

Sow Choy
11-13-2006, 01:12 AM
Videos...

I believe Master Chow Keung probably found out about it and asked his student to remove them...

Can't blame him... He is very cool and open minded... But still he is very serious about his art and not into everyone having him on video...

Was glad to see it while it was up... It was done real slow, didnt do him justice... He is very good...

Joe

Gru Bianca
11-13-2006, 06:31 AM
I had the pleasure to meet Chow Keung last week in the Philippines.
I asked if I could record his performance and he did not object.
He performed a monkey set.

Very nice person and also very casual, not formal and very open.
Was a pleasure and honor for me.

Regards

Luca

mooyingmantis
11-13-2006, 07:23 AM
Joe,
Could I get contact information for Sifu Chow? I may be going to Hong Kong next year and I would like to meet him. I saw you posted his website, but it is all in Chinese.
Regards,
Richard A. Tolson

Sow Choy
11-13-2006, 02:26 PM
Hello,

On his website's last page are his phone numbers, I will list them for you...

(852) 9855 1238, (852) 9755 7243
(86) 13018761238

chowkeung@ck-kungfu.com

His english is not so good, but he does have students who speak english, try and call him in the evening time (Hong Kong)...

Gru,

Master Chow Keung is very nice and will let you film him, but he is thinking you only wish to have the video for you personally... He is like a 2nd Dad to me... I spent 2 weeks living with him in August to celebrate his 60th b-day... So I know how he thinks about alot of things...

Yes he is very cool...

Joe

mooyingmantis
11-13-2006, 02:29 PM
Joe,
Thank you for your help!
I guess I should have read ALL the words.
Richard

Gru Bianca
11-14-2006, 02:53 AM
I respect the fact that you respect him so much and as such I'll not misplace the video which is only for my personal collection.

When I asked him if I could tape him he replied,..."mei wenti, mei shenme mimi ... and he laughed. (no problem, there are no secrets) :)

Again very nice Sifu and wish I could be like him in my 60's :)

Regards,

Luca

Eddie
11-14-2006, 04:10 AM
master chow's son is a very close friend and business partner of mine. So far, the plan seem to be that master Chow will be moving to our country just after Chinese new year. Hopefully then, I can manage to convince Joe to come visit us down here again :-). btw joe, some of those vids are up on that link i gave u.

i also met someone recently who does pigua from beijing. His style looked similar to master Chow's style, but with obvious beijing erm.. flare. Would be interested to see when these two masters get together. Master Chow is very interested in fighting it seems, where as I got the feeling the Beijing sifu wasnt to much into that.
anyways, gotto go again. ciao

Sow Choy
12-01-2006, 06:11 PM
Hello,

It appears Master Chow Keung's Hong Kong student has uploaded another video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkcoHgszlro

This one is "Lin Wan Jerng" or Continuos Palm, I am almost certain it is a Pek Kwar hand form...

BTW...

This banquet was great, I met Lau Ga Leung and Gordon Liu for the 1st time...

Joe

Baqualin
12-01-2006, 06:27 PM
Hello,

This one is "Lin Wan Jerng" or Continuos Palm, I am almost certain it is a Pek Kwar hand form...

BTW...

This banquet was great, I met Lau Ga Leung and Gordon Liu for the 1st time...

Joe

TCM
I know you guys don't think much of us, but I want you to know we're not blind or stupid.....these are the most impressive videos I've seen on any thread posted...hands down. He sits the bar high for all of us. Thats real Kung Fu

David Jamieson
12-01-2006, 08:26 PM
Joe-

This pic is freaking awesome man!

http://www.leekoonhungkungfu.com/images/1103-HallwnByntn2-big.jpg

If that doesn't make someone smile, they have no heart!

making vids bigger than what they come out raw as is not really doable.

they seem to be smaller than 320x240.

oh well, no matter, Im sure you'll make more.
Nice stuff man.

Shaolinlueb
12-01-2006, 10:23 PM
very nice, HIGH FIVE!

Eddie
12-07-2006, 12:03 PM
very nice, HIGH FIVE!

Did I hear you speak in a kazakstani accent? Bout time americans wake up to the genius of ali g, borat und Bruno :cool:

Shaolinlueb
12-07-2006, 02:02 PM
Did I hear you speak in a kazakstani accent? Bout time americans wake up to the genius of ali g, borat und Bruno :cool:

my sister was like you cant have this! you will never have this.

hasayfu
12-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Responding to:

TCM
I know you guys don't think much of us, but I want you to know we're not blind or stupid.....these are the most impressive videos I've seen on any thread posted...hands down. He sits the bar high for all of us. Thats real Kung Fu

while that was impressive, did you see his monkey video at the 60th birthday?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz7QLd2Qh34

All I can say is WOW!

CLFNole
12-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Chow Kueng's kung fu is top notch. It is a real treat to be able to learn from him and he is a down to earth kind of sifu. If you ever get the chance to learn from him DO IT.

The Xia
12-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Where does Chow Keung teach?

CLFNole
12-07-2006, 08:51 PM
Hong Kong but I heard he could be moving to South Africa. He came over a stayed with my sifu here in Florida so that is how I had the chance to train with him. Joe has gone over to HK and trained with him there as well.

Eddie
12-07-2006, 10:17 PM
ja, his son told me that he was busy packing up his things at his school, and will move down here around January. I will keep everyone updated.

Sow Choy
12-18-2006, 10:02 PM
some more Tai Shing Pek Kwar for ya, by yours truly...

hope u enjoy...

Hook Swords - Serng Au
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri14lmqdVpk

Continuos Spear - Leen Wan Cheung
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJGDN2LykdU

Pek Kwar Double Edge Sword - Pek Kwar Geem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJGDN2LykdU

firepalm
12-31-2006, 07:41 PM
Just curious but does anyone here happen to know about why Chan Sau Chung closed his Richmond (Vancouver suburb) school?
:confused:

Sow Choy
01-01-2007, 08:40 PM
As far as I know...

Chan Sau Chung has retired... HAvent spoke to him lately, but the last time he said his son no longer wishes to pursue teaching kung fu, the move to Vancouver was mainly for his schooling and career...

I know that Chan Sau Chung also had a student who helped him open another school, who also was a judo teacher... Not sure if they have any new plans... But again as far as I know Chan Sau Chung has retired...

Joe

firepalm
01-01-2007, 11:21 PM
Thank you sow choy!
:cool:

street_fighter
01-10-2007, 01:13 PM
I thought CSC and Chan Kai leung were the only two people to know all 5 monkey forms. What will hapen to the style if thats true? Who still teaches besides chow keung?

iron_silk
01-10-2007, 01:47 PM
I was wondering what happen to all their students in Vancouver when they closed down?

I actually saw his son walking in the mall with his wife (& kid?)

MonkeyKingUSA
01-10-2007, 02:06 PM
It sounds like another Chinese style is about to die with its instructor. Very sad!

firepalm
01-10-2007, 06:35 PM
GM Chan can live at ease knowing that Paulie Zink is carrying the style banner forward for generations to come! :eek:

MonkeyKingUSA
01-10-2007, 07:26 PM
GM Chan can live at ease knowing that Paulie Zink is carrying the style banner forward for generations to come! :eek:

Unfortunately, that is what happens when instructors want to hold back. Certainly that is their right. So, I am not condemning his decision. But many Chinese and Japanese systems have died that way.

If Mr. Zink wants to make his move, now is the time.

Sow Choy
01-11-2007, 12:33 PM
Relax...

TSPK is in great hands with several good teachers out there, just not really here in the west... Chan Sau Chung still teaches privately, he is a great guy and definitely wont hold back... but he is extremely old school and can read people like a book... So if you have good intentions and are serious, he will teach you I am sure...

Chow Keung is out there, as well as Brian Ng in Hong Kong and some others whose names escape me at the moment...

We may have MAster Chow Keung over here in the summer again... I will give you all early notice so you can come and train and meet with him...

Joe

Sang Feng Fan
01-11-2007, 02:24 PM
Unfortunately, that is what happens when instructors want to hold back. Certainly that is their right. So, I am not condemning his decision. But many Chinese and Japanese systems have died that way.

If Mr. Zink wants to make his move, now is the time.

Zinc is retired yet his students continue here in New York and on the Internet:

http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=groups.groupProfile&groupID=104283932&Mytoken=DBB69F1E-2745-4635-BA57F0941656A0BA79786964

MonkeyKingUSA
01-18-2007, 02:54 PM
Nive video of Wu Song Breaks Manacles. Was that also Lost Monkey and Tall Monkey demonstrated?

Eddie
04-02-2007, 05:31 AM
Hi all,
Master Chow Keung has now settled in Roodepoort, Johannesburg, in South Africa, and will formally start teaching classes in Taishingpekgwar and san shou as from the first of April. If anyone need some info, please contact me through this site. I am in daily contact with Master Chow and can pass all queries onto him.
Regards
Eduann