PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Chi

Hopping Frog
10-11-2006, 02:04 AM
I'm fairly new to martial arts(about 1.5 years) and and even more so to meditation. I have, however, had experiences with meditation that I strongly believe were 'feeling chi' with my palms. I have never studied an internal martial art, although everything in my Kung Fu class involves deep breathing and focus on the dan tien.

Does anyone else have their own strong beliefs and one's ability to physically feel their own 'field' of chi? And furthermore, how does one's grasp of feeling and projecting chi weigh upon a physical regiment?

Thanks for any opinions.

onyomi
10-11-2006, 06:38 PM
I have a new way of describing the feeling of qi for people that I thought of recently. It helps distinguish the feeling of qi from the rush of blood or the tingling of nerves. If you put your hand on a computer, running car, or something else with something whirring inside it, you should feel a kind of circlish, vibration feeling. That's basically what qi feels like, except it's in your body. I didn't start feeling this until after I'd been practicing qigong for about 1.5 years, and how it feels will probably continue to change as I keep practicing. However, this is the best way I can describe it at this point in my development.

qiphlow
10-12-2006, 12:56 PM
it's easiest to feel your own qi in your hands. there's a qigong exercise called pulling the qi: stand comfortably, hands about 1-2 in. apart, palms facing each other. move hands slowly to about 1 ft. apart, then back to start, continuously, slowly and evenly. breathe naturally. when i do this, i feel kind of a big pillow between my hands, sort of like when you try to put 2 opposing magnets together. play with it for awhile--it's pretty interesting. the standard warning applies: try not to get too caught up in "feeling the qi"--just practice your kung fu consistently, the rest will follow...

Buho_Nival
10-18-2006, 07:35 PM
I suggest looking into and learning the 7 Precious Gestures of Chi Gong....they have helped me to feel my chi circulating....and they have also helped with my tai chi....very powerful