PDA

View Full Version : Slick JJ demo

Nick Forrer
10-11-2006, 04:29 AM
For your viewing pleasure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjRpTNWv7dY&mode=related&search=

sir-elrik
10-11-2006, 05:34 AM
only for our viewing pleasure cause the real value of 9 out of 10 moves he does is close to zero. It would look great in a movie or a video game though

Nick Forrer
10-11-2006, 05:39 AM
Flying armbars work (have seen them use in competition many times)

And he has a sweet double leg

But its a demo...lest we confuse that with the real thing

BruceSteveRoy
10-11-2006, 06:11 AM
cool video. thanks for the post.

EarthDragon
10-11-2006, 07:19 AM
awesome moves and great agility but useful only to non counter-attacking and students.

Knifefighter
10-11-2006, 06:00 PM
awesome moves and great agility but useful only to non counter-attacking and students.

Although the techniques shown there are overplayed and done with a comliant partner, I have seen many of them (or slightly less fancy versions) work against fully skilled and resisting and opponents.

The Xia
10-11-2006, 11:53 PM
What lineage does he come from?

Water Dragon
10-12-2006, 05:54 AM
Although the techniques shown there are overplayed and done with a comliant partner, I have seen many of them (or slightly less fancy versions) work against fully skilled and resisting and opponents.

Like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u41omoNO4U&eurl=

Ray Pina
10-12-2006, 06:33 AM
Beautiful technique.

Knifefighter
10-12-2006, 08:25 AM
Like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u41omoNO4U&eurl=

Exactly... perfect example of many of those techs being used in international competition.

So much for the guys who have never seen real BJJ/judo/Sambo in action and have no clue about what works and doesn't work against live, skilled opponents.

yenhoi
10-12-2006, 08:44 AM
Lt. Ford uses a running jumping spinning armbar on a wraith trooper in one of the earlier episodes of Stargate Atlantis.

:confused:

bodhitree
10-12-2006, 09:05 AM
THis is a great thread,

for other related arts.

Ray Pina
10-12-2006, 01:09 PM
These days I'm finding Kung Fu like an ugly broad who will do anything to avoid looking in the mirror.

Kung Fu is a term that could be applied to any skill acquired by training. That was great kung fu in action. It would be nice to see more kung fu demonstrating kung fu in action. That was beautiful. If it was posted in related arts I would have missed it.

MasterKiller
10-12-2006, 01:15 PM
The butterfly kicks of jiu-jitsu, imo.

The Xia
10-12-2006, 04:13 PM
No one knows the lineage?

Nick Forrer
10-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Not sure. He combines JJJ, Judo, BJJ and Capoeria. He learnt BJJ from John Will if memory serves (australian machado BB). Try google.

The Xia
10-12-2006, 04:22 PM
Thanks. I was curious because I have never seen any Jujitsu style that looks like that.

KenWingJitsu
10-18-2006, 06:22 AM
Fancy demo version of Jits lol.

While some of those move exist. No way can they be pulled of like that.

The guy caught a bad case of Wing Chun Demo lol.

But back handed props for actually showing what a flying reverse omoplata is though... something to aspire to *burp*

Knifefighter
10-18-2006, 06:47 AM
Fancy demo version of Jits lol.

While some of those move exist. No way can they be pulled of like that.

The guy caught a bad case of Wing Chun Demo lol.

But back handed props for actually showing what a flying reverse omoplata is though... something to aspire to *burp*

Did you check out the clips of the judo newaza posted by WD? Lots of examples of moves being pulled off close to that in international competition.

David Jamieson
10-19-2006, 02:52 PM
nice demo. I can't help but notice how quick knife here is to excuse compliancy in his favourites. lol

that's just great. so hypotheticaly speaking, what would happen if you crescent kicked one of those guys in the head and didn't leave your arm hanging out? :D

SifuAbel
10-19-2006, 03:32 PM
No one seems to be mentioning the frozen man and the slappy tappy stuff. Sure you could pull all of that stuff off. But its low percentage. :rolleyes: :D

Knifefighter
10-19-2006, 05:31 PM
No one seems to be mentioning the frozen man and the slappy tappy stuff. Sure you could pull all of that stuff off. But its low percentage. :rolleyes: :D

nice demo. I can't help but notice how quick knife here is to excuse compliancy in his favourites. lol
that's just great. so hypotheticaly speaking, what would happen if you crescent kicked one of those guys in the head and didn't leave your arm hanging out? :D

Definitely not a fan of compliant partner demos. However, I know those moves can be done. How do I know they work, compliant partner notwithstanding?

I've seen it done many times against skilled, resisting opponents in competitions.

Of course that shouldn't be enough... there should be proof for the doubters too.

Well guess what? Your proof is right here on this thread. Just watch the clips linkned by WD. You can see many of those same moves thrown all over the place in international level competitions on those clips.

Got the same kind of proof for your devastating crescent kicks?

SifuAbel
10-19-2006, 06:30 PM
Being that I haven't bothered returning to the tuf 4 thread due to the ridiculous percentage roundy round, I won't go into that here.

Forget about the crescent. How about something so simple even you can relate.

As he's coming in to grab my wrist with both hands I...........

1. pop him in the face

2. Block his jump

3. Shove him.

4. kick him in the nads as the first leg comes up for the jump.

5. reverse the grip.

The list is long even in your little world.

And what about all the pappy tap stuff? You won't allow that in your critque of others, What gives?

Knifefighter
10-19-2006, 06:52 PM
Being that I haven't bothered returning to the tuf 4 thread due to the ridiculous percentage roundy round, I won't go into that here.

Forget about the crescent. How about something so simple even you can relate.

As he's coming in to grab my wrist with both hands I...........

1. pop him in the face

2. Block his jump

3. Shove him.

4. kick him in the nads as the first leg comes up for the jump.

5. reverse the grip.

The list is long even in your little world.

And what about all the pappy tap stuff? You won't allow that in your critque of others, What gives?

Um... it's a demo. Demos usually have slappy pappy tappies.

And I don't recall saying the moves couldn't be countered or that it was a full-contact match.

I was replying to the naysayers saying those techniques couldn't be pulled off against resisting opponents. All one has to do is watch the newaza clips to see that many of those can be done against resisting opponents.

Obviously some of the moves are much higher percentage than some of the others and there are a couple that are pretty unrealistic. Watch the newaza clips since you probably don't know which is which.

SifuAbel
10-20-2006, 11:32 AM
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ght. :rolleyes:

KenWingJitsu
10-21-2006, 04:04 AM
The competition clips do not have setups resembling any of the demo setups. Like I said, the moves exist, but those demo setups dont. Too "demoey".

If he had a resisting demo.....then we'd be talking. Kind of like the Rickson/Royler demos.... cant tell if they're grapplling on demoing - lots of seeming resistance. This demo had lots of stand there & take it stuff....

Three Harmonies
10-21-2006, 06:59 AM
Knife Fighter is right (as much as anyone may hate to admit it ;) ). I have seen these types of throws executed in competition before. For those nay sayers, just go visit some of the Judo gyms around, and ask them to allow you to try one of your great "counter" ideas on someone. Let us all know how it works out.
Jake :cool: