PDA

View Full Version : Lung Ying Mor Que Vid

Juan Nowon
10-16-2006, 11:25 AM
Greetings everbody. Im new here. In December, Ill have been stuying Lung Ying for three years. Its good to see this much interst in southern chinese kung fu. Based on previous posts, there are some very adept practitioners/students here.

I thought Id share this vid (if you havn't seen it yet): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEL_GpG15dg

This clip has been mistakinly labeled as bok mei kung fu... when in fact this is a demonstration of lung ying mor que. Excellent display of the hakka art.

D-FENS
10-16-2006, 05:47 PM
hi Juan,

excellent video!! Thanks for posting it.

Is Mor Kiu the basic set of Dragon style?

B-Rad
10-16-2006, 07:23 PM
Very cool :cool: Never seen Lung Ying before :)

Lama Pai Sifu
10-16-2006, 08:05 PM
I've always liked that guy's performance. Just so you all know, it was waaayyyy sped up. I have the original (it has drumming, not that wacky music) and it is much slower, still a good performance, but slower.

Peace

Juan Nowon
10-16-2006, 09:21 PM
hi Juan,

excellent video!! Thanks for posting it.

Is Mor Kiu the basic set of Dragon style?

Mor Kiu is considered intermediate for some schools and advanced for other schools... depends on who is teaching.

Lung Ying is known for the mor kiu set. Its also commonly known as "Magic Hands". You probably already knew that.

Juan Nowon
10-16-2006, 09:25 PM
I've always liked that guy's performance. Just so you all know, it was waaayyyy sped up. I have the original (it has drumming, not that wacky music) and it is much slower, still a good performance, but slower.

Peace

Hi Micheal,

That clip does seem fast for sure. Is there any way you can provide a link to the original? It would be good to see in real time.
Thanks.

fiercest tiger
10-17-2006, 12:00 AM
Not as fast as the white tiger master doo wai! ;)

Lama Pai Sifu
10-17-2006, 06:43 AM
I've got the original on video somewhere, but I know I've seen it on the net as well. I don't think I'll have the time to search it out or convert it to youtube. Sorry.

But the guy still did the form well, fast or slow. He demonstrates good power, which is actually more apparent when you see the form in real time. And it's obvious when you see him do it, that he has been practicing the form for a looonnggg time.

Good showing!