PDA

View Full Version : on the K1 FORUM

CFREW
10-17-2006, 03:18 PM
Hay all, im not trying to start a flame war or trolling, but i came across this thread in the K1 multimedia forum an was just wondering what all your thoughts were, as this forum is about muay thai kikboxing, an they had a video of a wing chun practiconer, heres the link

http://www.k-1usa.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3371

its sum dude doing chi sao,

planetwc
10-17-2006, 09:06 PM
Well the clip on metacafe of a Wing Tsun guy from denmark would not load, it would only show the advertisements and not the content.

That said, what is it you want us to comment on? The 5th level WT sifu? The Muay Thai/MMA guys trashing Wing Chun?

If Wing Chun folks CARED what others were saying we wouldn't be training in it.
We are, they arent'. As to the WT guy, didn't get to see him. But I imagine, as a 5th level WT guy he has fast hands. I'm sure we don't get to see much as it is DEMO footage of a drill and not a real fight. The opponenet will be a student and he will control and smack him around good and probably throw him down on the ground.

I'd rather see the clip on youtube rather than on someplace lame like metacafe, with all it's commercials and crappy player.

Hay all, im not trying to start a flame war or trolling, but i came across this thread in the K1 multimedia forum an was just wondering what all your thoughts were, as this forum is about muay thai kikboxing, an they had a video of a wing chun practiconer, heres the link

http://www.k-1usa.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3371

its sum dude doing chi sao,

CFREW
10-17-2006, 09:36 PM
hay dave

thanks for the reply, sorry there is also another video in that thread that i posted up, my user name is skip set, but yeah i just a had question in regards to the trashing of wing chun, as wel as the video that i had posted up in the paticular forum, its a chinese guy, an he's really good,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJILyFMRH84

you kind of need to look at all the comments on that thread, but yeah basically i dont have much time to sit around an argue with the guys in that forum im in fiji, for work an the cost of the internet cafes here is like day light robbery for like half an hour, any ways jus wanted sumone to give them a bit of a telling off in that thread i myself am a kung fu practiconer but not of wing chun, so i dont really have any place to kinda stand when it comes to this art, anyways
cheers

Ravenshaw
10-17-2006, 11:32 PM
I barely scrolled down on that K1 page. It's mostly kids.

Let's see, what's new here?
Chi sao isn't fighting? No.
He's too fast and therefore has no power? No.
Student is too cooperative? No...

Ugh.

sir-elrik
10-18-2006, 02:51 AM
you can post this fight to illuminate them a bit (even though the kick boxer is crap)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cV4Jq6H9pEQ

they generalize a lot without hving a first hand experience.

why a fit wing chuner dnt compete to a MMA event to make all of them shut the **** up??? e why?

p.s i mean a real wing chuner

Knifefighter
10-18-2006, 06:39 AM
thanks for the reply, sorry there is also another video in that thread that i posted up, my user name is skip set, but yeah i just a had question in regards to the trashing of wing chun, as wel as the video that i had posted up in the paticular forum, its a chinese guy, an he's really good,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJILyFMRH84
The last part of the video where he is defending against the "locks":

With instructors like this, one can see where WC practitioners get the dumba$$ idea about being able defend against grappling using only WC.

Golden Arms
10-19-2006, 02:03 PM
I cant speak for that instructor, but KF, you might be interested to know that an 11 year JJ guy I know tried to put armbars and the like on a chen tai chi teacher we know, and said he just "couldnt do it" He couldnt explain, just said he could move in a way that he could never get it locked in, or else he would just literally pop his hands/arms right off him.

Sometimes it pays to be objective, you just might learn something you can put in your arsenal, or is yours full already?

lawrenceofidaho
11-20-2006, 04:48 PM
I cant speak for that instructor, but KF, you might be interested to know that an 11 year JJ guy I know tried to put armbars and the like on a chen tai chi teacher we know, and said he just "couldnt do it" He couldnt explain, just said he could move in a way that he could never get it locked in, or else he would just literally pop his hands/arms right off him.
Too bad there never seems to be a video camera around when stuff like this goes down.

Even if the Chen guy could defend isolated armbars, could he do it even somewhat consistantly against an opponent who was mixing in strikes with their attacks? (Not to mention positonal changes and other submissions.)

If this Chen teacher could pull off stuff like that against a moderately skilled guy who's trained MMA for a few years, I would probably fly out to his next seminar.

Knifefighter
11-20-2006, 06:13 PM
If that is true, tell him I will fly him down to CA to do a seminar- all expenses paid and a very good amount of money in addition- if he would be willng to put on a seminar demonstrating this ability.

lawrenceofidaho
11-20-2006, 07:04 PM
If that is true, tell him I will fly him down to CA to do a seminar- all expenses paid and a very good amount of money in addition- if he would be willng to put on a seminar demonstrating this ability.
Dale, I'll see you in Cali if this guy agrees to share his secrets.