PDA

View Full Version : Lau Gar Information

TinTin_57
10-18-2006, 08:03 AM
Hi, I'm new to the forums and new to Lau Gar as well! I'm enjoying these forums but outside of here there's not a lot of information available apart from a handful of websites.

Does anyone studying Lau Gar know of anywhere that instructional films can be obtained? Perhaps on download? I'm thinking more of the syllabus.

I'm currently having private lessons once a week but any additional material would be great for those days in between.

Cheers

Su Lin
10-19-2006, 06:01 AM
Hey Tin Tin,

Nice to meet you- I'm a fellow Lau Gar person AND live in Lancashire too! Where do you have your lessons?
Here's a link to my club which has the syllabus (we're non British Kung Fu Association)
www.shaolinlaugarkungfu.co.uk
There is also the BKFA page,if you do a google search,as cant remember the address off hand.The BKFA have done a couple of dvds ,think they are for white/blue sash ,which may help you out.Once you have trained some more it should be easier for you to train on your own a bit.Or if you ever want some training buddies there are some willing people in Lancaster.

Happy training!

Ben Gash
10-19-2006, 07:55 AM
I've only just realised you're a girly girl Su :o

TinTin_57
10-19-2006, 07:59 AM
Hi Su Lin

Thanks for your reply.

How scary is this, not only do we have the same teacher but I think I may even know you! (sort of).

Did you sometimes come down to training at Preston College on Friday nights a few months back? Luan is now given us private lessons on a Thursday night in Preston. We will be coming upto Lancaster a few times tho once we've had chance to build our fitness up. Small world eh?

In fact if you look on here http://www.shaolinlaugarkungfu.co.uk/personal.htm (http://www.shaolinlaugarkungfu.co.uk/personal.htm) thats me in the top right going up against the guy in red. Is that you with your back to us?

Cheers

golden arhat
10-19-2006, 08:00 AM
well greater manchester
so ur all lau gar kickboxing ppl yeah
well apart from my mate ben hes a clf guy
i thought u were a guy su lin lol

Su Lin
10-19-2006, 08:28 AM
Hi Su Lin

Thanks for your reply.

How scary is this, not only do we have the same teacher but I think I may even know you! (sort of).

Did you sometimes come down to training at Preston College on Friday nights a few months back? Luan is now given us private lessons on a Thursday night in Preston. We will be coming upto Lancaster a few times tho once we've had chance to build our fitness up. Small world eh?

In fact if you look on here http://www.shaolinlaugarkungfu.co.uk/personal.htm (http://www.shaolinlaugarkungfu.co.uk/personal.htm) thats me in the top right going up against the guy in red. Is that you with your back to us?

Cheers

Hey there! I had a sneaky suspicion it was one of you guys!:p Good to see you are still training- hope Luan is pushing you all as much as he pushes us!
Will be good to see you all in Lancaster.Yes that's me, still the only girl in the club.:rolleyes: So if you know any more that want to come along,bring them!
Take care!
Louise

Ps. I wouldn't bother with the dvd's - just keep practising what you learn in your lessons, you'll start remembering it soon, plus if you got a BKFA one there are slight differences in the way we do our forms, so they may not be too helpful for you. With Mr.Le teaching you, I don't imagine it will be long before your fitness levels increase.

Su Lin
10-19-2006, 08:31 AM
I've only just realised you're a girly girl Su :o

What did you and Golden Arhat think I was???
I was being pestered for pics a while back, so thought it was about time I proved I was a girl!:rolleyes:

We don't do the Lau Gar kickboxing Golden, we're Lau Gar with some shaolin too.

stainlesschi
10-21-2006, 01:25 PM
well i have the training dvd that your talking about which is very good for the first few grades upto green,but since ive changed styles now it is no longer much use to me so maybe we could do each other a favour.if u aint already purchased it would u like to buy my copy?il leven throw in a few wing chun clips on dvd ive collected including fighting strategies and nice chi gerk moves

stainlesschi
10-21-2006, 01:34 PM
forgot to mention i also in lancashire doh...

laugarkuen
11-06-2006, 03:12 PM
There ain't that much info on lau gar out there that you can't find on the BKFA site. There are one or two vids on ebay now and then but I have no idea what they are like.

If your school has split off from the BKFA then there will be differences in just about everything (usually really small, annoying differences) your school does from any of the others. Does your sifu not have any vids they can lend you?

Golden arhat, where do you train in Manchester and who with. NWCKB?

I have just started teaching Lau Gar in Manchester, I'm with the BKFA.