PDA

View Full Version : Chi Kung Website

Faruq
10-20-2006, 02:04 PM
Has anyone talked about this web page: www.chikung.com?

The website's, well...I'm speechless.

onyomi
10-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Ugh...those videos are awful. It makes me uncomfortable just watching them. Good qigong should make you feel serene and the practitioner should look like he's happy and relaxed. Even in qigong exercises that require a lot of tension, there's no need for that kind of labored breathing and grimace.

LongPath
10-20-2006, 08:38 PM
Wow, I watched a couple of the clips and felt anxiety growing in my gut. All sorts of red flags and alarms -- reminds me of some cult leaders I encountered long ago in California. I tried to read the text on his site but started to develop a headache and felt sick to my stomach.

If Taoists believed in an antichrist, this guy would be it. Scary how he reverses things. Astonishing arrogance as well. Truly creepy.

I think I will take a few cleansing breaths now. Whew.

Faruq
10-21-2006, 07:42 AM
D@mn! I didn't watch any of the clips. I was just reading the stuff on the webpage about the stuff he would do for you, and it is wild. Actually I've gone through his webpage every couple of years just to see what he's claiming, because when I was a teenager I took one of those free introductory classes at his school with my Mom, and he had me do some exercise where I was like squating and standing and pushing and pulling my hands out in front of my chest in conjunction with the rising and falling and actually felt the heat in my hands that he told me was chi. But his prices were really high, and he moved out of the neighborhood, so I ended up going to Hsu Fun Yuen's school. Anyway, what he had me do way back then was cool, but now he's on some other sh(it! I'm just watching to see what he's gonna claim next!

Plus, all his classes are a couple of thousand dollars now! Do people actually pay that for such wild promised results? Come on now. I don't know if this guy even has enough money to eat every day. It's a wild website.