PDA

View Full Version : master milan prosenica

stainlesschi
10-21-2006, 01:45 PM
anyone know where i can get footage of him fighting,cmon guys help me out

leung jam
10-23-2006, 12:35 AM
Your be lucky to find any footage of milan fighting in the public domain, there probally is some but only in LT's private collection.
Anyway watching some vid clips is no substitute for training with the man. He used to do 1 or 2 seminars a year here in the UK,, dont know if still does, but if you get the chance check him out live. Ive been to several of his seminars over the years and everytime he blew people away with his speed & footwork - heres a large man in his late 50's? who can move quicker than some teenager and punch like a pro boxer!
- and his a nice guy :)

afaik this is milans website- http://www.kungfu-si.com/
its all in slovakian tho if you can translate this page from his site gives little background nfo-
http://www.kungfu-si.com/strani/milanpros.htm

L8r LJ

stainlesschi
10-23-2006, 03:58 AM
many thanks leung

Big Vern
10-24-2006, 04:35 AM
This post is from Gooseman:
Milan Prosenica is now in his 50's, his reign over Europe was through the 80's and early 90's.
http://www.kungfu-si.com/strani/milanpros.htm

I have trained with him this year at Nick Smart's Gym in Chorley, Lancs.
Boy for a retired pro does he move, this guy is metal.
His Gym in Slovenia is a Pro-fight Gym, regularly visited by Mirko Crocop, Gary Goodridge some of the Golden Glory fight team, when they fight K1/MMA in Eastern Europe.
Milan's forte is fighting footwork, looking for angles and power development for the full contact arena, he is renowned for providing the best pad training in the K1 training Team for Slovenia/Croatia.
Trust me this guy radiates intent, power and skill.
Plus he has a lovely manner, very awe inspiring.

The Goose!
Access to this man is now only once or twice a year through the Autodefence Training Team.
You can always go to his Gym in Slovenia, but please take a paramedic as his boys fight all styles full contact!
Milan is a non-ego and no-publicity man, who is family orientated and keeps to 'old skool ethics' !

Cheers.
BV.

Gooseman
10-24-2006, 05:01 AM
Hi Vern.

Thanks for digging up that old post of mine.
I cant make this weekend, do say hello to all the AD massive.

Just to underline the facts set out in Vern's post, Milan is an authentic fighting champ with massive humility, he does not make claims on internet or seek publicity from inane DVD's or mpegs, he is a retired champ who offers champion level training.
God Bless him.
The Goose.

IRONMONK
10-25-2006, 08:17 AM
does he teach wing chun techniques etc at his gym?

Gooseman
10-25-2006, 10:53 AM
Yes, He Does.

kung fu fighter
10-25-2006, 01:04 PM
Hey Big Vern

Does Mr Prosenica apply wing chun footwork like the classic leung ting Wing Tsun fighter? For example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV4Jq6H9pEQ

or does he use more angles, what's his approach?

Big Vern
10-25-2006, 01:46 PM
Hi KF Fighter.
That clip typifies poor footwork and a classically restricted understanding of mobility.

Milans fighting footwork is based on the 50/50 weight distribution allowing fast steps and angles to be used quickly, he likes to move on the 45degree line at all times to gain positional dominance over his opponent.
He teaches fast stepping which is more akin to natural walking steps rather than the laborious dragged foot adduction step as found in WT/WC ( as in youtube clip ).
His whole basis is still centreline geared, being able to move online and offline at will.
He also advocates orbiting your opponent and cutting off to angles where possible to create openings for kicks and punches.
His whole domain is move and strike using the whole body to generate power, even in his 50's he hits like a monster.
His background is Yugoslavian army, tough town and tough men, he does not like posers or plastic gurus, hence he no longer aligns with LT/KK/WT etc.

BV.

kung fu fighter
10-26-2006, 11:28 AM
Milans fighting footwork is based on the 50/50 weight distribution allowing fast steps and angles to be used quickly, he likes to move on the 45degree line at all times to gain positional dominance over his opponent.
BV.

Hey Big Vern,

Do you mean like in the dummy form where you move from side to side?

He also advocates orbiting your opponent and cutting off to angles where possible to create openings for kicks and punches.
BV.

Do you mean circling like a boxer to gain angle?

Can you give us some examples of the angles he uses when orbiting the opponent?

Which one of these clips is closest to what Mr Prosenica footwork looks like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyDDPWrPgxU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dbtWuBcyKg&mode=related&search=
www.syracusewingchun.com/dodgingwave.wmv

Gooseman
10-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Vern if you dont mind me putting my comment in on these vids.

The first 2 clips are pretty lame, no dynamic in the motion, movement or action!

Last one, I like lots of mobility and actual motion relating to positional change and advantage!
Not that disimilar to the footwork of Master Milan, just stylised to this individuals needs and demands.

The Gooseman

stainlesschi
10-27-2006, 02:43 PM
right guys now i been confused about this stance business for a while ,now im even more confused...
if the 70/30 stance is so good and i know it is good then when why would it need changing.obviously milan knows his stuff so also the 50/50 stance must also be very good too im not questioning his judgement...
or is it that the 50/50 stance is for ring fighting in which case why would the stance need altering when it is so good for quick footwork and manouverability anyhow...

Mr Punch
10-27-2006, 06:29 PM
if the 70/30 stance is so good and i know it is good Why do you think this? What are the advantages and disadvantages?
why would the stance need altering when it is so good for quick footwork and manouverability anyhow...Whatever else you may think of it (and I like both stances) the 50-50 is much more quickly manouverable.

And anyway, basically, if your kung fu school only (or mainly) teaches one stance, it is not realistic!

couch
10-27-2006, 06:40 PM
right guys now i been confused about this stance business for a while ,now im even more confused...
if the 70/30 stance is so good and i know it is good then when why would it need changing.obviously milan knows his stuff so also the 50/50 stance must also be very good too im not questioning his judgement...
or is it that the 50/50 stance is for ring fighting in which case why would the stance need altering when it is so good for quick footwork and manouverability anyhow...

I really don't believe that I will be trying to think of the weight distribution while dodging punches and kicking my attacker in the snuts!

Seriously, do what feels right in the form as you do it. I think the 70/30 is to give you an idea for feel. Martial arts is individual...not dogmatic. It's designed to set you free. Not have you be a clone like your Sifu or classmates.

Like Buddhism talks about being a vehicle to get you across the river...don't carry the WC raft after learning it! :)

No stress.

Best,
Kenton Sefcik

stainlesschi
10-29-2006, 08:44 AM
well ive done the 50/50 in another style apart from wing chun but i feel very comfortable with my weight on the back leg for turning but when sparring my stance does change,,,but what i was asking is why does the the wing chun in general use 70/30 weight on the back leg but then when in the ring it changes to 50/50...even when i was learning a different style of kung fu which was 50/50 i always kept going back to weight on my back leg as it felt more natural but yea i agree it is up to the individual upto a point

kung fu fighter
10-30-2006, 12:06 PM
Is this guy a student of Master Milan?

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder_print.asp?FighterID=4471&email=yes

Gooseman
10-31-2006, 04:43 AM
http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?FighterID=2326

kung fu fighter
12-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Hi guys,

Is there any clips of master Milan's footwork?