PDA

View Full Version : Tiger-Leopard

honorisc
08-09-2001, 06:10 AM
On page three of thread Internal/External you asked me some questions. I responded. What were the responses to you? What do you wonder, relevantly?

Very some such, perhaps might have been, likely say some, some not.

honorisc
08-10-2001, 08:29 PM
This was for someone whose name I took to mean Tiger-Leopard, but those others might be looking for something else.

Who has found tai chee to be physically demanding as dynamic tension and also, increased thier speeds?

Fu-Pow
08-11-2001, 01:05 AM
Taiji trains "lack of tension "(ie lack of muscle tension in the upper body) for more speed. External arts train "tension" for more speed (ie recruitment of more muscle fibers at one time). Taiji works better for older people who have less muscle. Dynamic tension may work better for younger people with more muscle fiber.

Fu-Pow

http://www.fongs-kungfu.de/assets/images/lionhead.gif

"Choy Lay Fut Kung Fu does not encourage its students to abuse or harm others with no reason. Nevertheless, in times when Kung Fu must be performed, Choy Lay Fut requires the student to change from a gentleman into a fierce and cold fighter."

-Lee Koon Hung,
CLF:The Dynamic Art of Fighting

honorisc
08-13-2001, 11:48 AM
Informational, but have you found that by doing lack of tension there is a tension? And is this tension by lack of tension demanding/hard/difficult/challenging to your Will?

Did I answer your questions when I responded to your questions in the thread Internal/External 04 06 01~ on the third page, Fu-Pow?

[This message was edited by No_Know on 08-14-01 at 02:57 AM.]

Fu-Pow
08-13-2001, 07:19 PM
Where are you from no_know?

Fu-Pow

http://www.fongs-kungfu.de/assets/images/lionhead.gif

"Choy Lay Fut Kung Fu does not encourage its students to abuse or harm others with no reason. Nevertheless, in times when Kung Fu must be performed, Choy Lay Fut requires the student to change from a gentleman into a fierce and cold fighter."

-Lee Koon Hung,
CLF:The Dynamic Art of Fighting

Nexus
08-13-2001, 07:23 PM
that should not discourage younger people from doing the internal martial arts. In fact it should encourage them, because the earlier you start, the sooner you will develop the proper type of sung (relaxation).

I remember one of my taijiquan teachers telling me, 'If I could ask for any type of student, the perfect one would be a 16 year old whose mind was like a blank page.' He then said, 'Then he could grasp the concepts, be willing and open to new ideas, and have enough time in his life to master this amazing art'. He then proceeded to laugh.

- Nexus

Freedom is what you do with what is done to you. - Sartres

honorisc
08-17-2001, 06:29 AM
Where from? How do you mean?

I'm from my mother originally. If you're more specific I might not present more details than you were interested in hearing. What you want the information for could help in my getting you what you're looking for.