PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone name this movie?

kostachek
10-30-2006, 06:01 PM
I am looking for the name of a movie that featured a plot of two brothers separated as infants when an evil warlord killed their parents. One was trained in the sword and killed the demon ghost of a dead woman at a wedding "?". The other was raised at a monastery mostly as a cleanup boy, but was trained by three outcast old monks who were confined to a shack out back and were not allowed to step outside it. Eventually the brother with the sword meets up with the other at the monastery where they must pass the test of the 99 or 101 monks. The monks jump on each others shoulders forming a human wall and the two brothers must defeat them. In the end they fight the warlord who has a two fingered metal claw on his hand. He fights from a litter being carried by four guys who toss it all over the place as he attacks and defends. The death stroke is delivered by a heavy staff to the head, crushing the warlord's skull. The entire movie used a lot of special effects and was more of a colorful, fantasy production than a straight martial arts flick. If anyone can deliver a name I'd appreciate it.

jethro
10-31-2006, 01:19 PM
The Movie You Are Thinking Of Is Shaolin Prince Aka Iron Fingers Of Death. Also Check Out A Movie By The Same Director Called Shaolin Intruders.

kostachek
11-01-2006, 01:22 AM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!! I have been looking for that movie for the last fifteen years. For some reason I thought it had "Dragon" in the title. I will definitely check out the other two movies directed by Tong Gaai. Thanks again!!

jethro
11-02-2006, 02:22 PM
The first time I saw it was on VHS and it was called Death Mask of the Ninja.:confused:

I believe the foreign DVD is fully remastered as is Shaolin Intruders. Shaolin Prince was the shiznit but Shaolin Intruders is one of my top 5 or 6 favorite fighting movies ever. Warning: do not watch it if you are proned to seizures.

Have not seen Opium and the Kung Fu Master, at least I don't think so, but it is definitely something to look forward to.