PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Seminars- Ring and movie fighting

Shaolindynasty
10-31-2006, 12:40 PM
I already posted this in the news and calander of events section but I thought you guys here might be interested. I highly reccomend these classes his gungfu is top notch.

My sihing Phil Ng is gonna be in Chicago for a few weeks. While he's here he is going to offer some seminars. These seminars are open to anyone who wants to attend.

Here's some background on Phil

Hong Kong actor and action choreographer, Philip Ng, will be visiting Chicago to offer a series of seminars on martial arts for both combat and film. Sifu Philip Ng is a seasoned practitioner and instructor of the martial arts, having received his Ving Tsun (Wing Chun) training from the late Sifu Wong Shun Leung and Choy Lay Fut from his father, Sifu Sam Ng. His television and film credits include, Dragonfly: Invincible, New Police Story, House of Fury, Marriage With a Fool, and Undercover Hidden Dragon. Sifu Philip Ng has also just recently finished work acting as the character, “Money-Changer Wah” (Yip Man’s Sifu) in the new China/Hong Kong TV series, Wing Chun, (with a cast including the legendary Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao). Sifu Philip Ng also acted as the series’ Wing Chun consultant.

Seminar 1: Advanced Ving Tsun Concepts and Principles
Friday – November 10, 2006 – 7:00pm to 8:30pm

Seminar 2: Applied Concepts - For The Ring and In The Street
Saturday – November 11, 2006 – 2:30pm to 4:00pm

Seminar 3: Fight Choreography - Martial Arts For Film
Saturday – November 11, 2006 – 5:30pm to 7:30pm

Fee: Seminar 1 -- $100 CASH Only
Seminar 2 -- $100
Seminar 3 -- $150 (participants will also receive a VCD of a personalized 30 – 45 sec fight sequence choreographed by Sifu Ng) $25 discount for two sessions
$50 discount for three sessions

Registration: Space is limited, please call (708) 373-6676 or send an e-mail to sifusam@ngfamilymartialarts.com to reserve your space.

Seminar Location: 2345 S. Wentworth Ave, 2nd Floor,
Chicago, IL 60616

Shaolindynasty
11-01-2006, 08:19 AM
Oh and I didn't mean to spam the board. I thought that this was of interest because I know quite a bit of you are interested in ring fighting. I also thought the movie seminar was cool cause we all know it's every kungfu guys dream to be a movie star:cool:

I visited him on the set of "Dragon Squad" and got hit with an explosion of blood and guts. :eek: Sweet

Phil did an article on the subject of movie fighting in an issue of kungfu taichi called "Punching to Miss" that is pretty cool. It also includes a kind of blueprint on how to get into the industry. it was in the July/august 2005 issue of kungfu Taichi.

Anybody interested in the HK film industry should defineatly go to this seminar. phils only here for a short time and I don't know when he'll be back cause he's blowing up right now.

Faruq
11-01-2006, 08:53 AM
Is there much demand for Black actors in the HK movie industry currently? lol

Shaolindynasty
11-02-2006, 09:52 AM
There could be. I noticed that HK films always like to have non asain villans.

Faruq
11-02-2006, 11:08 AM
Well, if Phil can get me a contract with a major HK studio, then I'll be there!!!!!$$$$$$$$

Thanks, Buddy!

You're alright after all$$$$$