PDA

View Full Version : HFY Tourney Successes!

Da_Moose
11-02-2006, 03:10 PM
Competition offers students a controlled environment to test their skill. More and more HFY members are at the stage where they feel they have enough of a foundation to test their skills and what they have learned. This year we’ve had beginners that have been training for a few months to experienced seniors that have been training for a few years testing themselves in point sparring all the way to cage fighting. This group of competitors all competed for the first time and all took top honors – within the top three every time! They all attribute their success to the HFY system from Grand Master Gee as well as the fundamentals from training “outside the box.”

Below are the write-ups on the results of each competition:

Point Sparring (non-full contact)

On October 27, 2006 the All Star Karate Nationals was held in Cincinnati. Hung Fa Kwoon of Cincinnati entered two students. It was the first time these students had attended a tournament.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Michael Dumas - 1st place in intermediate fighting

Bill Linton - 2nd place in beginner fighting

We have seen the benefits of the curriculum which allows the student to develop body karma by experiencing Saan Kiu, "outside of the box" training, which provides the foundation for the Wing Kiu "inside of the box" training, that provides the focus for the application of Hung Fa Yi as a martial science.

San Shou (full contact: kick, strike, takedown)

2006 Arnold Martial Arts Festival in Columbus, OH

Every single Hung Fa Kwoon of Dayton and Hung Fa Kwoon of Centerville student took away awards from the Arnold Martial Arts Festival in Columbus, OH on March 4th and 5th, 2006. This event continues the string of successes the Hung Fa Kwoon of Dayton has enjoyed in local, state, national and international tournaments every year since opening in 1987.

Awards received:

Travis Rotterman - Silver in Full Contact Fighting teen 150-160 lbs. division, Gold in Wing Chun Forms, Bronze in Intermediate Southern Forms
Sid Goyal - Gold in Full Contact Fighting, teen 180+ lbs. division, Silver in Novice Forms
Brian Adams - Gold in Full Contact Fighting, adult 170-180 lbs. division

2006 Taiji Legacy in Dallas, TX

Congratulations to Daniel Duran on winning the Wing Chun Grand Championship. It’s based on 4 events: forms, wooden dummy, chi sao and Sparring. There are 3 different levels of sparring: Point, Continuous and San Shou (all ranges full contact - most advance). Daniel participated in the San Shou and placed 3rd. Fantastic for this being his first full contact fight. Some of these people trained full time in sparring and conditioning to prepare for this fight.

We are very proud of Daniel Duran for his continuing effort in training hard and helping my with the Houston branch.

We all wanted to thank grandmaster Gee and master Meng for there wisdoms and support. This weekend was a great experience. We learned so much to apply to our training and life.

First off, All my success is the result of following the careful guidance and instruction of my Sifu, Sigung and Sitigung. The experience I had at this years Taiji Legacy has transformed my perspective in many ways. I can not elaborate at this time. What I will say is "experience" is the absolute verifier of knowledge. Without real experience one can study and contemplate theories and methodologies until their blue in the face and still be existing on the platform of illusion. I certainly learned a lot about my own illusions and have gained a tremendous amount of insight and clarity into the nature and beauty of our ever so precious HFYWCK system.
Thanks to all the students who helped me prepare. Thank you Sifu Ryan for your patients, tolerance and friendship. Thank you Sigung Meng for your encouragement, generosity and guidance. Thank you Sitaaigung Gee for revealing this genuine, priceless body of knowledge and truth to the world.

Your Ever Well Wisher,
Daniel

Full-Contact, No Holds Barred (full contact: kick, strike, takedown, submission)

Officer Lonnie Dodge had his first MMA debut at the Clarion Hotel Grand Ballroom Ring in Kansas City Missouri. Lonnie won the match impressively in the first round in 47 seconds. Lonnie's opponent was in bad shape after the match. He was bleeding out of his nose and over his eye after enduring a barrage of heavy striking from Lonnie on their feet and then on the ground. Lonnie's opponent's knees bucked after the second exchange that Lonnie had finished up with an uppercut to the jaw and his opponent went down on his back, then Lonnie delivered two more punches to his face and then the opponent rolled on to his knees face down to try to keep Lonnie off of him, but was unsuccessful, as Lonnie got an inside angle and kept punishing him with heavy strikes to the face. The opponent tapped out and the match was over

Alan Orr
11-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Well Done!

Best

Alan Orr

www.alanorr.com

HFY-Vice
11-03-2006, 09:50 AM
Congratulations on the tournament Success!!!!

Keep up the good job. All of your efforts of your hard work is shining through.

~World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association~

http://www.hungfayiireland.com/24html.pdf
http://www.hungfayi.com

219 Monterey Boulevard
San Francisco, CA 94131
(415) 587-2898

~ Hung Fa Yi Vice ~

reneritchie
11-06-2006, 10:45 AM
Very nice!

lawrenceofidaho
11-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Is there any video footage of HFY fighters participating in the san shou events?

I think some of the forum members would be interested to see this if it's available.