PDA

View Full Version : How many difrent type of Tai Chi exist or is thier only one true Tai Chi?

Bobbyfalero
08-14-2001, 01:36 AM
Someone mention that their is nfive difrent forms of Tai Chi. Can any one help me out. :eek: :eek:

honorisc
08-14-2001, 03:55 AM
Yang, Chen, Wu, Sun, Wu-Hao

The concept for them all the above mentioned Tai chee chuans is tai chee. These are natural laws appliedappropriately, basically. This is the concept~. Some might say.

Very some such, perhaps might have been, likely say some, some not.

Repulsive Monkey
08-14-2001, 11:00 AM
Yang,Chen and Wu seem to be the 3 most popluar in the world today follwed by another Wu faction and of course Sun Lu-tang's Sun style too. There are plenty of others known and not so well known, eg. Li,Lee,Tian-Shan,Eng,Sak,Mo,Chang,Fu etc. These are (not all though!) mainly family names, but there is only one true set of Tai Chi principles and these (to a greater and lesser degree) are currently found in the popular and not so popular styles. The family name is not a guarantee of quality par se, but the teachers knowledge of the principles is what is most imporatnt.And if they can convey they too.

patriot
08-14-2001, 04:40 PM
There is only one True Tai Chi style - my style -
and if you are studying the same style, mine is better and more authentic and my Master is better than yours. My Master received secret transmissions revealed only to him from mystical masters in the holy mountains of Wudang, Tai Shan,Omei.

Send in $ 80 and I'll send you a videotape teaching you the secrets of Dimmak, Empty force, and our Original Tai Chi.

unclaimed effort
08-14-2001, 05:28 PM
I'm guessing you are taught by the questionable Earl Montiague.

Note that Tai Chi does not have to do with Wudang, Omei, or Tai shan.

Every style has empty force, otherwise it's not tai chi.

Also remember that the original style of tai chi is old frame Chen style.

You guys forgot about Guang Ping style, and Cheng Man Ching style.

Repulsive Monkey
08-14-2001, 05:46 PM
these two styles are of significant note. Profeesor Cheng's Tai Chi (regardless of the heckling I may possibly receive from Yang purists) was most certainly born out of Yang style, and still retains a lot of the instruction that he received from Yang family members (lets not forget that Yang Chaneg-fu didn't give Cheng Man-ching all his understanding of Yang style, there were others!!).
Intrinsically ( I mean to be honest i've never met the man) I hear such mixed comments about Earle Montaigue, what I have read conatins a ot of truth but at the same time I get the feeling that he's a little presumptuous when it comes to stating facts and historical (in)accuracies. I wonder sometimes where he gets his onformation from.

Daniel Madar
08-14-2001, 06:15 PM
Too bad about guan ping. Kuo Lien Ying was by all accounts, a bad @$$. I haven't meet any guan ping stylists who have really lived up to that.

Merciless is Mercy.