PDA

View Full Version : cleveland medicine man teaching kungfu?

lowsweep
10-23-2001, 12:33 AM
I know I have asked if anyone knew any good schools around North Central Ohio (Oberlin, Lorain, Vermillion, etc.) But I still have not foun a good one :rolleyes: . I have heard about a chinese medicine man in chinatown, Cleveland that teaches kungfu and is supposed to be quite good. Has anyone heard of him or have any information on him? I can't seem to find any. Any help would be great.
thanks,
Adam

Take the pebble
from my hand

"You ain't the only one
who knows some sh*t"

Mojo
10-23-2001, 12:38 AM
Yeah, that chinese guy in chinatown. He's good. :rolleyes:

RAF
10-23-2001, 12:42 AM
Go to the Asian Plaza, 32nd and Payne in Cleveland. There are two TCM shops. One has a doctor and he teaches the martial arts. However, I do not think he is the one you will be interested in.

Recently, the owner of the shop across from Li Wah Restaurant in the Asian Plaza has started treating patients and I have heard that his bone setting techniques are very good. There are some pictures of him doing kicks. I believe he teaches a southern style and he looks decent. However, looks can be deceiving.

Good Luck

Pilgrim
10-23-2001, 05:02 AM
Hilton Tam teaches mi chong i/lost track and he's the person who is an herbalist and does energy work in China Plaza. He's also an i Chuan taoist and has a unique chi gong. The guy who works at the novelty store didn't teach when I lived in Cleveland but he did help me when i cracked my radius bone. He seemed to work a lot with the Oriental community.
A great teacher and acupuncturist/herbalist is Guang Liang. He used to have an office adjacent to the west side market but I heard he had some bull**** problems from the Ohio BME when Ohio legalized acupuncture for non-MD's and had to stop practicing for a bit;when he returns to treating people I'd go to him. He teaches Lung Ying and he is real. There's a man named Buddy Wu who teaches wing chun, Bob Bennett teaches tai chi in Lake wood and he's also real, there's an excellent 7* sifu around akron. Bob Krueger and the offshots of Master Feeman Ong would be good schools. Go to China townn/street Chinese markets and look on the bullitin boards; you'll see advertizements. People train around there. There's an older gentleman who teaches taichi and Bagua. Traditional and excellent. The man teaching taichi on Coventry is great. Are you really looking?

Polaris
10-23-2001, 07:26 AM
Definetly check out Carl Dechiara, and forget about Buddy Wu.

Kung Lek
10-23-2001, 07:34 AM
LOL@mojo :D

peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links (http://members.home.net/kunglek)