PDA

View Full Version : Home made Plazma in Micorwave

Royal Dragon
11-05-2006, 09:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE3dRBlQjTE&mode=related&search=

EarthDragon
11-05-2006, 09:22 AM
thats pretty cool and stupid at the same time... I like it! once at college we put a light bulb in the micro and watcvhed the light show it will glow and spin an array of colors inside the bulb... again cool but stupid

Faruq
11-05-2006, 03:50 PM
What is plazma? I'm familiar with the liquid stuff, but igniting a piece of tin foil on fire in the microwave....well I don't know what that'd be! LOL

Royal Dragon
11-05-2006, 04:32 PM
I tried it. The first time I got nothing, the second I got a bit, but I was not really successful untill I got rid of the glass, and my match burned down to the peice of styrofoam I had used to hold it up. That of course was totally vaporised.

I also blew up a Mason jar in the attempt.

SanHeChuan
11-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Plasma is the fourth stage of mater.
Solid, Liquid, Gas, Plasma.
It's super heated gas.

Faruq
11-05-2006, 08:34 PM
Thanks. I appreciate the definition.

PlumDragon
11-05-2006, 08:42 PM
Plasma is not necessarily super-heated, although it exists in much of the Universe that way. Really plasma is indicative of any gas that has been ionized, giving it the ability to conduct electricity. Just turns out that heat is the best way to push e- energy levels high enough to produce the ionization in atoms.

AJM
11-06-2006, 08:35 AM
I live ten miles from the plasma torch capitol of the world, Lebanon NH. Three companies make them there. Hypertherm, Thermal Dynamics and Creare.