PDA

View Full Version : A couple or three more video clips

Merryprankster
11-05-2006, 09:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgleUEBNlSI

The above is a match with a guy who wrestled for Lehigh. I lost by one takedown. Not much for it. There was a good flurry at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYfpAdlCLyA

This is another guy from Lehigh. I was quite a bit bigger than him. His shots where wicked fast so I did a lot of guard pulling. He was winning 4-0 before I hit him with an armbar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctTS2kynLo8

I like this video more for the takedown I did at the beginning than the ankle lock at the end.

Royal Dragon
11-05-2006, 10:05 AM
I have allways been a fan of ankle locks of various forms. Too bad this one was hidden from the camera.

Merryprankster
11-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Ah, I can tell you which one that was based on my arm position.

My "go to" lock is a "v-grip" lock and that's the one I did. It puts a tremendous amount of pressure on the tibia. Hyperextension of the ankle in this lock is bonus.

I can't tell you if it would actually break the tibia, but it sure feels like it. That's why it appears as if the fellow's ankle wasn't hyper'd out at all.

It's a bit hard to explain, but for my it works much better than the classic straight ankle lock. It took some time for me to perfect it, and involves quite a bit of "angle-ology" as Lloyd used to put it. Apparently, that's a Sambo term that doesn't translate well from Russian to English.

rogue
11-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Ha, you call that fighting! I have video of a WC guy that would handle you like a baby lamb. Has this troll been done before? :D

Good stuff MP.:)

Merryprankster
11-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Fighting? What's that?

*perplexed*

I call it "rough gay man-love in spandex."

Fighting? Gee, what an unusual word.

rogue
11-05-2006, 06:42 PM
Well my friend if you ever want to tap into my expertise on fighting, street and ring, just ask. I'll show you my secrets for tapping before the fight begins, screaming like a girl, and my super secret unbeatable opossum position. And don't forget my exciting ring entrance of holding onto the ropes in a death grip while crying hysterically. :D

Until then, this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpceOOk2zog) will have to hold you over.:D

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-05-2006, 11:45 PM
good job man ... you make me want to compete.

Merryprankster
11-06-2006, 04:39 AM
GDA,

Now is always the time. I'm a brown belt now, and competing is a major hassle. There is no guarentee that there will even be a brown belt at any tournament I go to. No Gi is easier, but even there there is no guarentee. Plus, at 8 minutes a match in brown belt, I have to be in shape.

And, it gets harder as you get older.

Also, how is it that "Man love" always seems to bring you onto a thread? :D

rogue
11-06-2006, 05:56 AM

And you aren't even that old. How does Helio keep rolling like he did at 20?

Merryprankster
11-06-2006, 06:59 AM
He doesn't. Put him against a 20 year old black belt and he's going to lose. It's that simple.

Age gets us all.

30 isn't that old, but I definitely notice a difference.

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-09-2006, 01:47 PM
GDA,

Now is always the time. I'm a brown belt now, and competing is a major hassle. There is no guarentee that there will even be a brown belt at any tournament I go to. No Gi is easier, but even there there is no guarentee. Plus, at 8 minutes a match in brown belt, I have to be in shape.

Also, how is it that "Man love" always seems to bring you onto a thread? :D

yeah im 26 now and already starting to feel more beat up than i did 6 years ago from the constant rolling and lifting.

and if i didnt come in here for man love what would i come here for?

Merryprankster
11-09-2006, 04:55 PM
The marital strife between pairs such as KF and SifuAbel.

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-09-2006, 07:56 PM
yeah i hope they work things out.

they were my favorite kfo kouple.

rogue
11-09-2006, 08:08 PM
yeah im 26 now and already starting to feel more beat up than i did 6 years ago from the constant rolling and lifting.

Naw, that's the baby Jesus punishing you for picking on retarded children.

26 isn't anything, wait until you get past 40. All those little pains that used to go away with some aspirin and a day or 2 of rest start to stick around a lot longer.