PDA

View Full Version : Hsin-I in Canada

Jin
08-16-2001, 07:15 PM
Hi

I'm interested in taking Hsin Yi Liu He, if anyone know any instructor here in canada, please post or email me.

Thank you

Paul Skrypichayko
08-28-2001, 06:35 AM
The closest I've heard of Xingyi is in Vancouver or Toronto. There is Chen Zhonghua in Edmonton, a Chen Taiji expert, his master, Feng Zhiqiang, is a master of Chen Taiji, Xingyi, and Liu He.

Mister Hansome
08-29-2001, 01:47 AM
what is the school of thes masters called?
most importantly the edmontonian(most likely fudged that).

Extremely greatful for all opinions.

Real Wismen know how stupid they really are!!!

Paul Skrypichayko
08-29-2001, 02:07 AM
His name is Chen Zhonghua, his school is Zhiqiang Chen Taiji Academy.

He is actually from Shandong. I don't know if he teaches xingyi, and he is usually very busy.

So far, I haven't heard of anybody in Alberta teaching xingyi, whether privately or publicly.

Kevin Wallbridge
08-29-2001, 02:35 AM
You want Xinyi not Xingyi don't you?

You can get in touch with me by email. We have three clubs in Canada that are in the Yu Hualong Xinyi Liuhe Quan lineage. One at Queen's University, Kingston, another at Wuti in Winnipeg, and the third here in Nelson BC. Eric Tuttle, Yu Hualong's disciple, is currently in Nelson, at least for the next several weeks. He just got here so I can't put you in touch with him directly.

"The heart of the study of boxing is to have natural instinct resemble the dragon" Wang Xiangzai

Jin
08-29-2001, 04:51 PM
Hi

Mr. Joseph Chen does not teach hsin-i to any students as far as i know( i was studying with his student). You could check out his website www.hunyuantaiji.com. (http://www.hunyuantaiji.com.)

take care

Jin
08-29-2001, 05:07 PM
Hi

Yes i meant hsin-i liu he. Sorry for causing confusion.

I sent you an email a month ago but did not get any response, maybe i did not click SEND! What is your email address?

I highly appreciate your help

Jin
08-29-2001, 05:11 PM
hi

What are you studying? I'm looking around
edmonton but could not find any instructor. Well..i found one but he is too busy.

take care

Paul Skrypichayko
08-30-2001, 07:19 AM
I practice mainly hung gar, yang taiji, and soft style hapkido. I'm always willing to learn something genuine though, doesn't matter which style.

Which one of Master Chen's students were you training with? Althought I am not a student of Chen Zhonghua, I am friends with a few of his students.

Jin
08-30-2001, 04:54 PM
Hi there Paul

I learnt hunyuan qigong and pole shaking excercise from karen perron. There is a TCM doctor called Carlos Lee, he teaches hard qigong and other interesting stuff, maybe you could contact him. I talked to a martial arts supplies store owner at the begining of the yr. he said Tom Cruz is also in the town.

Anyway, i 'm still looking around for internal arts instructor.If you found one, please contact me either by posting here or email.

take care

Paul Skrypichayko
08-30-2001, 08:14 PM
I checked out Carlos Lee while he was in town. He's a wing chun /jeet kuen do, his own freestyle, guy.

Who is Tom Cruz???

There are a few good internal teachers in town, but other than Joseph Chen, I don't think they are teaching publicly. All the public ones are just pretty much doing modern wushu dance. Good luck finding a master.