PDA

View Full Version : Shifu John Chang Accepting New 8-Step Students

lapu_squared
11-06-2006, 10:31 PM
Shifu John Chang is currently accepting a few new students to study traditional 8-Step Praying Mantis as he learned it from GM Wei Hsiao Tang. If you live in the San Jose, California area and have a sincere interest in learning 8-Step, please just send me a Private Message (PM).

To learn more about Shifu Chang and 8-Step, just visit http://www.8-step.com, a web site created at Shifu Chang's direction, including several articles by Shifu Chang and videos of Shifu Chang and others in the same Kung Fu family performing 8-Step forms.

Michael Dasargo
11-09-2006, 05:24 PM
For anyone interseted in studying the 8-Step system, see Chang Shifu. This is an excellent oppurtunity to study with an instructor who not only studied with Wei Xiao Tang, but continues to promote and unify the 8-Step art and family. I would not only recommend him to people in San Jose, but to anyone interested in persuing the 8-Step art!

Chang Shifu, as a person as I know him, is very down to earth and informal. In fact, I think I insulted him with a Hong Bao!

What impresses me most is his humility. He openly continues to research and refine his own understanding of 8-Step; rather than maintiaining a "Grandmaster know it all" pretense. Humility, to me, is a key signal for continued advancement and high calibre of skill and insight.

Chang Shifu is humble, insightful, and very open book.

If anyone wants to find out more, see his website or contact me privately.

M.Dasargo