11-07-2006, 08:34 AM
National Geographic on Chi and Empty Force KO's:

http://www.filecabi.net/video/chi-toes.html

charyuop
11-07-2006, 09:58 AM
They are always fun to watch LOL.

MASTERforge
11-07-2006, 10:25 AM
I think after years of teaching these guys egos swell to jesus like proportions.

I like at the end of the video. 'I couldnt knock him out because he was non believer' Doesn't that make the technique completely useless on all but your most dedicated students?

These people should be taken outside the dojo and slapped into reality.

I have read and discussed with other martial artists this problem. Apparently it can be similar to too much meditation where you may become a bit delusional. Without proper guidance it can lead you to false paths.

This BS is usually found in tai chi. I practice tai chi so whince when I see it. I believe in chi but I think that is is more like electromagnetic energy. Its very useful for health but lets not get carried away now!

I really dislike this 'im sifu, also call me god' attitude. Beware of false prophets!

Royal Dragon
11-07-2006, 10:48 AM
You know, I can feel my Chi, and through the approprate use of Massage, I can even use it to relax a girl into letting me slowly remove her pants, But there is no way you can project Chi without touch, and certianly not knock someone out from a distance.

wdl
11-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Gawd, not him again.

I'll be impressed when he can stop a bullet that I shoot out of my choice of firearm.

-Will

laugarkuen
11-07-2006, 02:33 PM
I'm a believer, hallelujah and all that sh1t!

Actually I'm more of a semi believer. I've had Rich Mooney knock me back with "empty force". He himself says this isn't useable in a fight and is more just something for fun. Mind you, he doesn't need it. He is quite capable of knocking me about with normal martial arts without getting esoteric on my ass :)

As long as people know what they are lerning and its actual uses then I say let 'em. For me it only bacome a problem when it leads to the detriment of self. Emotionally, physically or financially.

EarthDragon
11-07-2006, 04:11 PM
Royal Dragon you said............... But there is no way you can project Chi without touch,

My qigong teacher does this all the time as well as I.
I can assure you that qi can absolutly be projected. She is a master of the art of Jin Gon Tzu Li Gong. It is a medical qigong that projects qi into persons body to rebalance thier yin yang imblance to cure ailments and diseases.

I can project qi into 10 people that have no idea what I am doing and everyone will be able to feel it, sublte but non the less it still can be felt without touch.

Royal Dragon
11-07-2006, 04:38 PM
I would be curious to see that in action. I have to at least have the lightest of touch to do it myself.

Dinner and a Movie helps as well. :p

FuXnDajenariht
11-09-2006, 05:25 PM
well from a quantum physics perspective ED has a point. but you can do alot of things from a quantum physics perspective. easier said than done... :p

GeneChing
12-15-2006, 04:19 PM
...chi blasts (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OcQOlr6hPQ)!

IronFist
12-16-2006, 01:32 PM
...chi blasts (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OcQOlr6hPQ)!

Whoa, I haven't seen that one before. I didn't watch it with sound but it looked like it was all in Chinese so I wouldn't have been able to understand it, anyway.

Who was that guy?

Remember the thread where the qi blasts guy got punched in the nose? Poor old guy...

nonresistance
12-17-2006, 04:34 PM
my sifu can do some pretty crazy stuff without touching you. Although he does not claim to be able to use it in combat, its still really cool. However with his knowledge of pressure points and his skill in real combat, Im sure he could use his chi in a fight effectively.

I am not a skeptic, but I am not one of these people that get brainwashed, simply following everything their Sifu says.. I simply let things affect me as they will.

I think Chi KOs are possible but only with very very very high level people (means youll probably never see it for real)

GeneChing
12-18-2006, 12:25 PM
I did an article on it back in our 2002 July/August (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=234), No Touch Knockouts: Pressure Points and Qi Projection.