PDA

View Full Version : Is it me? Or is some of the fakest clips you've ever seen???

Lama Pai Sifu
11-08-2006, 08:17 AM
There is some hub-bub on the Southern Board about Bok Fu Pai (White Tiger Style) and it's self-proclaimed Grandmaster, a guy named Doo Wai.

His form video was posted and myself and others gave their opinion. Apparently, the students of Doo Wai didn't like it. :(

The purpose of this thread is to get your opinion on whether or not you think these video clips are fake.

I for one, believe they are totally fake, for a variety of reasons.

1. With any breaking on video, you do not get a chance to inspect the items to be broken, before hand.

2. The coconuts seem 'wet' and he even mentiones it in his video. Why would it be wet? Is it leaking?? Hmmm

3. Why is it that he never seems to turn the coconut upside down? He rolls it, turns it, but never rotates it upside down. It like a magic trick...

4. He drops it from 3 inches away, on a carpet mind you, to show it's resillence. C'mon, drop a coconut on the supermarket floor, they don't break so easily.

Just of few of my thoughts, I welcome yours.

http://www.whitetigerkungfu.com/iron_palm_demos.htm

lkfmdc
11-08-2006, 08:23 AM
If I were a coconut and I say that demo, I'd never pick a fight with that guy!

By the way, try going to a doctor and telling him how a coconut is exactly like a human skull ;)

Lohankuen1
11-08-2006, 08:40 AM
Breaking vids are always suspect no matter who puts them up. I take those with a grain of salt because there are always too many questions as you yourself have mentioned. So i'm gonna have to say, it looks fake, need more proof.

Royal Dragon
11-08-2006, 09:13 AM
It was scored prior to the break.

Look at how clean it snapped off.

Also, the grocery store by me sells them pre scored so they are easy to open anyway....

Yao Sing
11-08-2006, 10:17 AM
Maybe nobody ever told him that and he thinks he's doing something remarkable. :D

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-08-2006, 11:05 AM
i seen that dude down on water st. given this homeless guy a handjob.

Lama Pai Sifu
11-08-2006, 11:32 AM

That is just wrong..on so many levels... LOL~!

Eddie
11-08-2006, 12:04 PM
fake! and easy to see too. look at the tofu demo, he slaps it from behind and it rolls over to expose the open side. even in slow motion you can see this. also, in one clip (Iron Palm Cocoa Nut Break) you can actually see the line where it will break - before it breaks. and then, he even goes and put it back together again.

No offense to anyone here, but I can do better magic tricks... live.
Itd all tricks

lkfmdc
11-08-2006, 12:09 PM
I went to the store today and bought a bottle of soda, I discovered to my horror that it was sealed with some sort of metal... unable to find a proper tool, I used my eagle claw to rip the metal off the top of the bottle, and it came off clean!

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-08-2006, 12:21 PM
That is just wrong..on so many levels... LOL~!

no way man. who else is going to sexually satisfy the homeless? i commend him and his philanthropic endeavors. he is a shining star in an otherwise stark existance for handjobless homeless men.

Royal Dragon
11-08-2006, 01:45 PM
Watch, my comments will get jumped on, causeing 5 new threads to spontaniously burst into existance, I will be villified, attacked, discredited, get accused of learning from books and video's, told I don't know anything about real fighting, all becasue i just can't figure out Women and thier dolls from Russia, but GDA's comment will go un acknowledged.......

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-08-2006, 02:17 PM
thats just how i roll.

lkfmdc
11-08-2006, 02:56 PM

should we add this as a question on the other thread? :D :eek: :D :eek:

GeneChing
11-08-2006, 04:11 PM
No homeless (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41273) handjob threads. What the hell are you guys trying to do, bust my coconuts? Come on, now, Gene needs a break. ;)

lkfmdc
11-08-2006, 04:19 PM
No homeless (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41273) handjob threads. What the hell are you guys trying to do, bust my coconuts? Come on, now, Gene needs a break. ;)

I just need to clarify, what about separate threads; one about homeless, one about handjobs? ;)

Is there a tiger claw product you can hawk in relation to a hand job thread? :eek:

FatherDog
11-08-2006, 04:33 PM
no way man. who else is going to sexually satisfy the homeless?

What, your mom's not doing it anymore?

TenTigers
11-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Guys, Guys, Guys. Is nothing sacred? Next thing you'll be saying is that the spear on the throat thing isn't real. You guys have crossed the line!

lkfmdc
11-08-2006, 04:41 PM
the spear on the throat thing isn't real

:D

The Xia
11-08-2006, 04:48 PM
Tell that to Gene when he comes knocking on your door late at night... :D

jigahus
11-08-2006, 04:56 PM

ouch...burn

lkfmdc
11-08-2006, 04:59 PM
Tell that to Gene when he comes knocking on your door late at night... :D

in that case, different preposition; IN :eek:

Chief Fox
11-08-2006, 05:05 PM

Dude, holly sh!t! That is some funny stuff right there. I literally laughed out loud. The whole office looked at me. Too funny. :D :D :D

TenTigers
11-08-2006, 05:26 PM
NO,NO.NO! Aay it isn't so!!!

cjurakpt
11-08-2006, 05:44 PM
Is there a tiger claw product you can hawk in relation to a hand job thread? :eek:

how about some kung-fu ketchup?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BB21UsNio

Shaolinlueb
11-08-2006, 06:27 PM
the spear on the throat thing isn't real

:D

well its true, it isn't :D ;) :)

lkfmdc
11-08-2006, 07:13 PM
And, Ten Tigers, while we're at it

The Easter Bunny isn't real, nor is the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus is actually a leather boy who lives in SF :D

TenTigers
11-08-2006, 07:31 PM
well, actually, I thought the tooth fairy was a gay dentist. I mean he was alright, I guess, it's just after I got out of the office, what with the sweet air and everything, I can't really recall, but...I felt...kinda funny...around my..um...well. where my bathing suit is...

lkfmdc
11-08-2006, 09:13 PM
Ten Tigers, you're wisdom teeth at NOT "down there" ;) :eek: :o

Samurai Jack
11-09-2006, 12:22 AM
Uh, well back to topic:

My San Soo teacher was learning Chi Kung from Doo Wai back in the early nineties, and while I can't vouch for lineage arguments nor structure/skill/fighting ability, I can say that the coconut breaks I learned are real. I've never doctored anything, and the iron hand skills I train to this day come from Doo Wai through my teacher.

Coconuts are harder to break than other materials I've worked with, and there is no trick of angle or inherent weakness in a coconut like you can arrange with boards or bricks. I've heard that a rotten coconut is easier to break, and of course a scored one, but I've never tried it.

Usually a coconut breaks pretty clean, or else it just "breaks" by way of a hairline fracture that takes a second shot to complete. I've only smashed one flat once, but that may have been structurally unsound for some reason.

His breaks look real to me.

Lama Pai Sifu
11-09-2006, 06:20 AM
I too have broken coconuts, probably about 17/18 years ago, when I first read about them. I even think Dave Ross might have been with me to buy the coconut. (I could be wrong)!

I broke a few of them, no problem, no advanced Iron Palm. I probably didn't really start practicing any Iron Palm training until a few years later.

No major skill to break one, a little technique, strength and belief in yourself is all you need.

But I STILL don't think that his breaks are real. I've broken em, and they don't break THAT EASY! Unless of course you have a magical Chi-Blast, that is! :)

Samurai Jack
11-09-2006, 06:31 AM
Yeah, I couldn't break a coconut until I started training, but logically it must be possible to do so for some people. I don't think it takes any Chi training. Secretly I skipped 99% of the Chi Kung in the early stages and I can still break a coconut! I only practice the iron bag and stone hit stuff with the medicines I make.

I have seen my Sifu break a coconut sideways as Doo Wai did in the tofu clip, which is basically the same "technique" such a break would require. I don't think it's impossible.

I may get some coconuts and give it a try. :)

brothernumber9
11-09-2006, 06:42 AM
but you never see anyone break an un-shucked coconut.

David Jamieson
11-09-2006, 07:19 AM
unshucked coconuts would smoosh more than break.

in regards to breaking, I don't regard breaking as a skill at all.
It's a measure of an attribute and skill, but in and of itself it is not a skill. It's a very small measure at that seeing as john q public on average can do a great deal of these "amazing" breaking feats with no injury to themselves and success with the break.

Discovery channel has shown as that an average cubicle dweller can drive hi hand and forearm through 5 pieces of 1/2 inch pine with spacers merely buy swing his arm.

the validity comes with targeting, timing and delivery of these forces while in combat. And there will likely be a combination of factors involved in how any breaking occurs in taht venue.

Im sure we all remember the vids out there of guys snapping their shins while roundhousing another guys shins.

now that is combat useful breaking skills! lol
physics of objects in motion is an interesting aspect of kungfu practice that we can eventually analyze through working with others in our practice.

applying the forces required, angle of attack etc in real combat vs helpless inanimate objects are two completely and utterly different things.

inanimate object breaking can be difficult depending on the object.

people choose wood, coconuts, ice, brick, concrete in particular shapes and dimiensions for a reason. It is because they are easy to break once you understand everything you can come to learn about angles and forces while working with it.

Once you put things in motion, it's a whole different ball of wax and the skills for breaking inanimates no longer applies for a greater percentage of time.

until you get really old, but then you die. :p

lkfmdc
11-09-2006, 08:08 AM
Actually Mike, if I remember correctly, the first coconut you broke was one we found on the beach in Florida (?) .... you broke it pretty easily but thought maybe it was just rotten and went out and bought some more from the store, broke them all

All without any secret Chi Kung :rolleyes:

Lama Pai Sifu
11-09-2006, 08:21 AM
YES! I remember..in Miami visiting Ventura...

it is was very very easy..if I remember

Breaking in general doesn't mean sh1t. And I CAN and HAVE broken lots of stuff. It doesn't mean you can fight or break someones bone with blow.

It's a nice trick for demonstration...but c'mon....

GeneChing
11-09-2006, 12:02 PM
Well, there is (http://www.martialartsmart.net/ironcrotch.html), in fact. But you probably knew that was coming.

I'm ok with homeless threads (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=719314). Please pass the ketchup.

lkfmdc
11-09-2006, 12:06 PM
"Gene Ching, the man to go to with all your iron crotch needs" :D

GeneChing
11-09-2006, 12:22 PM
It's a living. Better than flipping burgers. :rolleyes:

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-09-2006, 01:06 PM
gene you are good at what you do.

lkfmdc
11-09-2006, 01:09 PM
It's a living. Better than flipping burgers. :rolleyes:

Ah, but both jobs require you to know where the buns are ;)

Obviously, I'm just joking with ya Gene, you big guy you :p

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-09-2006, 01:12 PM

wtf man. my mom has told you herself like 10 times now ... she's done messing around on you. it was a mistake ... let it go. besides ... im not sure she could find a homeless man willing to do some of the sick **** you do to her.

[edit] ... oh .. and she wants her anal beeds back. clean this time.

bodhitree
11-11-2006, 03:23 PM
thats just how i roll.

please continue to roll like that, we need advocates like that for the homeless. I might engage in the same philanthropic endevor, wait, hold on, I see one (homeless guy) outside the window....

IronFist
11-15-2006, 06:07 PM
wtf @ their prices?

Their Wing Chun DVD:

This video title has Grandmaster Doo Wai explaining the wing chun sytem of kung fu. There are no breakdowns offered for these forms as most anyone can obtain techniques from the wing chun systems of the World.

All Wing Chun System Forms on 1 DVD!
Siu Lim Tao (Small Beginning)
Chum Kiu (Sinking Bridges)
Biu Jee (Spear Fingers)
Baat Jaam Do (8 Cutting Broad Swords)
Baat Dim Boon Quan (8 1/2 Point Staff)
Mook Yong Chong (Wooden Man Dummy)
Lok Dim Boon Geuk (6 1/2 Kick Form) Very Rare Kicking Form!

So you get the forms with no explanations for $599???

GTFO!

I bet they don't even show you the individual techniques, ie. "this is bong sao," "this is how you throw a Wing Chun punch," "this is tan sao," etc.