PDA

View Full Version : REV: Reverse Energy Vectors

Sho Nuff
11-08-2006, 09:13 AM
Greetings,

Has anyone had any experience with Dr.Fung's REV videos? From the demos on the Imperial Tai Chi web site, I thought his philosophies and approach were very interesting. I would like to learn more.

thank you

jon
11-08-2006, 05:45 PM
Ive met Dr Fung and pushed with him a couple of times.
He also gave me one of his vcd's to have a look at.

In my opinion he is a very skilled martial artist with a highly detailed and refined understanding of his methods. In the vcd that I saw, techniques and theories were well explained and contained plenty of information often not available for public consumption. This is not to say that he is giving out 'teh d3adly TM' secrets. Its simply that what he presents is frequently only glossed over by others, and is in my opinion very important to solid understanding of the application of Taijiquan.
I would also say that Dr Fung is one of the few martial artists I have met who had a genuine respect for other arts and practioners without a hint of pretention or ignorence. He is a very open person who clearly loves what he does and is more than willing to share it. I would recommend Dr Fung's teachings happily to anybody who is willing to open their mind a little and learn something I would certainly class as 'higher level'. I dont want to try to explain his methods as I think he will obviously do a far better job at it than I can. However, if your considering having a look at his stuff then I would definately say go for it.

If your reading this John, I will be finished with UNI for the year soon and will have some spare time. It would be great to get together again to compare 'notes :D'.

Sho Nuff
11-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Jon,

Thanks for the reply. Does Dr Fung make his vcd's available to everyone? I didn't see a way to order them from his website.

Sho Nuff
11-12-2006, 08:37 PM
Anyone else?

CFT
11-13-2006, 04:01 AM
I think you're just supposed to email him at:

imperialtaichi@yahoo.com.au

Sho Nuff
11-15-2006, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the link. Videos are not loading. May be my network at work. I will try again from home.