PDA

View Full Version : About to begin Xinyi Liuhequan...

SilverNeedle
11-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Hi,
I'think I'm very very lucky, I've found a reliable person that teaches Xinyi near my house, it has just opened.

At first I found a bit strange the fact that nobody was talking much (and he'd only 5 students), but then I watched the way he was teaching Bagua and it amazed me!

Yesterday I went to the Zhaquan class... man, that was a shock! I was streching and I found a new muscle! (and I've been practicing bei shaolin for 5 months...). I (stupidly) tried to strech it almost as much as the other muscles. The result? going to the doctor, a weekend in bed and a week of easy going exersise. And worst: I have to take antiinflamatorys for 5 days.

I've heard that Xinyi is very hard, so I'm going to take it slowly, this week I'll just watch and do very little exersise until I feel safe enough to train hard...

So if you could give me some advice to practice Xinyi Liuhequan safely I would really appreciate it, I'm a bit scared.

Excuse my poor english.

grippster
11-29-2006, 10:49 PM
What's the odds of finding an xylhq teacher in buenos Aires? Me and my friends met up with xylhq teacher Qian Zhaohong a few weeks ago in the south of Sweden for training. To call it impressing would be an understatement. The man was amazing. I hope you find it intresting!

Ulrich

ftgjr
12-01-2006, 06:22 AM
I'm not sure of the differences in the different styles of xinyi but I have just recently begun my journey into xingyi dao. It is definitley challenging, but I wouldn't expect anything less. If it were easy, I probably wouldn't want to learn it. It is very different from the Hung Gar and Wing Chun that I have trained in, yet it has some similarities to my Tai Chi and Iliqchuan and some SPM that i have done.

I know it is going to take some time to learn and really understand the principles. I too have found a quality instructor that focuses on the basic fundamentals and always goes back to the basics no matter where you are skillwise. Something that was lacking at my previous kung fu school.

My advise (even though I am just a beginner) is to learn how to be soft and really focus on the details and stick to the basics. Be patient because it is more important to learn the skill properly than to constantly learn new stuff without re-inforcing the what you already have learned. My teacher always preaches slow and soft.

D-FENS
12-02-2006, 02:02 AM
Not much I can add that hasn't been said. Just take it slow and easy at first, don't force your body to do unnatural things too soon. It's a "paint by the numbers" approach, especially in the beginning. You really want to get a feel for each posture before transitioning to the next.

Hope that helps a bit, and best of luck on your xinyi voyage.:)

msg
12-26-2006, 07:25 PM
with hsing.i you just have to relax and let every thing move together with no forceing it