PDA

View Full Version : drape the boxers in simplicity

Sifu Darkfist
11-09-2006, 09:53 PM
My master has told me countless times to ensure that my manits boxers (who compete in san shou) need to focus on combinations that are five strikes or less.

Five, the intermediate of the mantis combinations. If for example, we understand that plum flower has 3-5-7 combos the highest level fighters in the ring should only go to 5.

Reasoning, with gloves and protection the fighter is not ensured that each strike will accomplish the capture and maintainence of the initiative. every strike must have a purpose strike for effective fighting. if you want to launch 7 strikes (first you better be close to master level) and second each strike must move the target or at least place the mind of the target into a specified area. thus leading the targets mind or body maintains the initiative.
lets argue this out a bit and come up with further methods through collective action
师傅 机密  玄拳 �Wp̯
WWgWp W
W

yu shan
11-10-2006, 07:46 AM
My Shibo, Kevin Brazier taught me a series of five strikes. He simply calls it "five punches". It is basic but very effective. My students really enjoy it and bust each other up pretty good with it. We do this 5 punches just about every class now, I always remind everyone to go into and expect to be hit. If done correct, out of these five, one or two usually makes its mark. I hope to be putting clips up on my site soon, this one would be nice to share. Maybe I can have the girls demonstrate.

jigahus
11-10-2006, 09:36 AM
Maybe I can have the girls demonstrate.

Please?
:D

bung bo
11-19-2006, 12:06 AM
Jigahus----LOL. I get to have these sames girls beat me up. It seems their little knuckles always meet their mark.

But, seriously, this 'five punches' drill is awesome. It really has taught me how to "roll" into each strike and remain continuous. It's really great.

BeiTangLang
11-19-2006, 09:21 AM
I can't help but agree that if you can't get through with 3-5, you need to try a different avenue.