PDA

View Full Version : what about Liang Shou-yu???????

shaolin white crane
08-20-2001, 07:06 AM
Hi.-
This question goes out to all of bagua practicioners, how Know more than me. I have practice taiji quan and shao-lin to the best of my understanding and recently got interested in startin to learn Pakua, a friend gave a video by master Liang Shou-you its call emei pakua zhang "EIGHT BASIC PALMS" it seems to be good, but then I dont Know anything at all about it. Here it is: WHATS DOES A GOOD PAKUA PRACTICIONER THING ABOUT IT AFTER SEEING IT???????
Thanks for your help

Daniel Madar
08-20-2001, 07:11 AM
I think you should never try to learn from a video.

Merciless is Mercy.

Dave C.
08-20-2001, 07:33 AM
His two bagua videos are great if you want to compete in a forms tournament. I thought that the forms on the tapes were very flowery and I don't think they would lead to the body developement that would be useful for fighting. If I remember correctly he only demonstrated the pole exercises on those tapes. Not sure why he didn't do the forms as well.
Get his xingyi tapes. I think they're better.

shaolin white crane
08-21-2001, 04:16 AM
Thanks for your comments guys, but the thing is that there is no acredited Pakua zhang teacher to show me the sistem, so could you give me a complete opinion because I thought that Liang Shou-yu was a great fighter and not just a forms practicioner, he even does some aplication on the movements. And I think one could learn from a video whit the right basics.
Amitoufo