PDA

View Full Version : Tai Tzu Chang Ch'uan

nanwu
08-22-2001, 08:26 AM
Hi,
I would like to try and keep this post on its original subject if we can.Tai Tzu.
Lately there as been a lot of back stabbing and name calling across different forums between the different schools of Tai Tzu. Some say that they teach the original and others say that there teacher is not real and a fraud. This is really quite immature. If one of these schools gets a bad name then the whole Tai Tzu System gets a bad name. You are basically killing your system that has taken many years to build. Why can't these matters be discussed in a mature and decent manner. Before somebody puts there foot in there mouth and asks me what I know of Tai Tzu, I have been studying the art for quite some time. I cannot believe the political rubbish that so many people thrive on. But, I can see nothing good coming from this. It takes centuries to amass a system such as Tai Tzu but it only takes 2 minutes to destroy it. I do not wish to offend anybody or put any system down or there lineages. I shall start the ball rolling and you can add your opinion as you like.
1. Master Kash is nothing more than the Si-hing of Master Livingston.
2. Taiji, Bagua, and Hsing-I are not Tai Tzu.
3. Cloud Forest Chin Woo is affiliated with the Shanghai Chin Woo.
4. Master Kash is an excellent martial artist.(and no I do not support Kash).
5. Mr.Sielbert got his patriarch after two years.(in my opinion that is outrageous,but that is my opinion).
6. Cloud forest Chin Woo do not do the real Chin Woo forms. There is only one person to my knowledge within the Cloud Forest Chin Woo who knows these forms, this I know to be a fact.
7. Master Kash is not a Shaolin Monk. That was quite a remark, it made me chuckle. No way.
8. Master Livingston is the only person to my knowledge who teaches the original Tai Tzu.
9. Not all Wei Family members are Tai Tzu practitioners.
Please feel free to post your opinions. And please if you have nothing positive to say don't say anything.
Respect is earnt, not given.
regards,

F. Lei
;)

Royal Dragon
08-23-2001, 03:21 AM
How are you?

My biggest questions are about the origin of the 64 move Taji form and the 36 (often called 37) move Taji forms taught as the Tai Tzu Chang Chuan internal sets. Are these recent sets? or do they date as far back as 960 AD.? Does the Taji in our system date back that far? Does the original 8 postures?

I myself am not interested in lineage or weather or not there is fraud, because I already know the answers to that stuff, and persuing it more is going to be more dammaging that helpful. I am interested in continuing my resarch into the history and origin of the system and it's many components.

Would you be able to list the names of the Northern and Southern style exeternal sets? I want to compare our's with lists sent to me from other sources and to what I am learning.

Also, you mentioned that My Sifu is the ONLY one teaching the traditional system in this country, correct? Have you had a chance to check out Sifu Rudy Abel and his Sigung, Master Guss Rubio yet?

They teach a Southern Tai Tzu line and the Six Step Monkey Boxing. I am told it's a line out of Malaysia (?) that went to Cuba, and then to the US. I have long term plans to meet with them and train, when the time is right. When I first contacted them, they (like I) thougt they were the ONLY Tai Tzu line in the US. It was really cool.

Thier line has 12 Southern sets, but from what I gather, they don't teach the three fights, a signiture form of the Southern system. This has my interest peaked, as I was told that the Southern style only has 6 forms. I really like Sifu Rudy, from talking to him on the phone, I think the future is going to be exiting and full of learning.

Go to my site, and click on Sung's Kung Fu for more info.

I would like to cross train in and document as much Tai Tzu as I possibbly can.m I already have video on the sysetm from Sifu Livingston, and several other sources.

Peace brothers,

Royal Dragon

Check out the Royal Dragon Web site

http://www.Royaldragon.4dw.com