PDA

View Full Version : International Black Tiger Web Site

paulb
11-26-2006, 09:17 AM
Hi All,
Just to let everyone know that Sil Lum Hark Fu Mun (Shaolin Black Tiger) now has an international web site at www.black-tiger-association.org
This site (at present) has been a joint effort between Eric Tsai (Hong Kong) / Jerry Davis (U.S.A) / and myself, Paul Burkinshaw (U.K). We have been working on this site for several months fine tunning until now we feel it is ready to open up / advertise to all.
The purpose of this site is to unite all persons, clubs (past & present), of Grandmaster Wong's Sil Lum Hark Fu Mun. We welcome all persons that would like to be involved or that wish to contribute in anyway to please contact one of us.
Our contact details (email addresses) are on the website.

Unfortunately after Grandmaster Wong's death the association almost died with him. Therefore we wish to preserve this style and continue its traditional teachings.
We greatfully ask that anyone that has studied Grandmaster Wong's Black Tiger, to get in touch so that we can build a picture of who is teaching or has been taught.
Many thanks .

nyhakka
11-26-2006, 09:12 PM
I believe Jmd161 trains in your style. Perhaps you should try to contact him.

paulb
11-27-2006, 02:15 AM
Thanks Nyhakka,
I understand that Jerry has already been in touch with Jeff (jmd161).

noone
11-27-2006, 07:33 AM
you have pictures of "Master Woo" on the website, but there is no mention of him anywhere on the site.. why?

nyhakka
11-27-2006, 08:59 AM
you have pictures of "Master Woo" on the website, but there is no mention of him anywhere on the site.. why?

Ah cut them some slack homie....they just getting it together!!! Besides my man, you got your hands full on the other thread. You being here is taking away from your new mission!!!!! LMAO! you one funny and abrasive dude brother, I respect that!;)

paulb
11-27-2006, 09:56 AM
Theres photos of several people that have been handed down or found there way to us one way or another, but the whole purpose is to unite and bring everyone back together. I know that Jerry would like to speek to Fred Woo and so I have left that to him to sort out. If you know Fred's email or could get him to contact one of us that would be a great help.

noone
11-27-2006, 02:44 PM
Theres photos of several people that have been handed down or found there way to us one way or another, but the whole purpose is to unite and bring everyone back together. I know that Jerry would like to speek to Fred Woo and so I have left that to him to sort out. If you know Fred's email or could get him to contact one of us that would be a great help.

I don't know Fred Woo or any Hark Fu Mun people. I just find it funny that you have pics titled "Master Woo" on your site, but yet fail to mention him at all.. He's listed in a few old articles in Kung Fu magazine as the "Chairman" of the Black Tiger Assocation... chosen by Wong himself. Yet the assocation webpage you posted makes no mention of him and states there was no successor named?

just pointing out what I saw as strange... nyhakka, those clowns are only trying to mask the truth. They know I speak the truth....I have no bones with CTS, just his big headed students that try to gain respect through his name.

David Jamieson
11-28-2006, 08:07 AM
I believe jmd161 will probably be a reliable source for you paul. Woo is his sifu.
I train with another student from the montauk station and rooftop days who Jeff introduced me to about 5 years ago.

we play a lot of different things and aren't specifically focused on bt though. Although we do exchange sets etc etc.

What exactly is the objective of the endeavour anyway? there is a lot of material out there I guess, I think that from several conversations and over the years it is Woo who has the bigger part of the style still going on. And as far as I understand, Erik is trying to revive it in HK. Not entirely sure what the motivations of yourself and Mr.Davis are.

Frankly, I'm just a curious bystander.

Wayne Carisi might be able to help you as well, he's been outspoken in his support of the style more than anyone else I think seeing as he has contributed more than a few articles on the subject to all the majour mags in the field.

paulb
11-28-2006, 09:59 AM
Hi David,
Thanks for the reply to the post.
Jerry is in contact with Wayne and I understand that he is on board.
Jeff has emailed Jerry and I also believe that he is coming on board aswell. Jeff has been a great supporter of Black Tiger. His temperary site is now closed and is now redirecting people to the international site. Our hope is to unite all, getting everyone involved in one common cause. Ie Sil Lum Hark Fu Mun as Grandmaster Wong would of wished.

Is your friend interested in contributing? Could he possibily contact either Eric Tsai, Jerry Davis or myself. (email addresses on the website).

The objective as already stated is to hopefully unite all people past & present. As far as I am concerned their is no hidden agenda or bosses. We all contribute together in any way we can or wish to.

My objective is to learn more about Sil Lum Hark Fu Mun (Black Tiger). It was only recently that I discovered that was the style we originated from, and I have been training 20 years. My story if you are interested can be found on our website (www.sil-lum-kune.com). I have been training with Eric, (travelling to Hong Kong) and will continue to do so. I am just passionate about my Kung Fu and it is what I do 24/7 (I teach full time in the UK and have an association of up to 500 students).
I hope you understand my motives now. It is for the love of what I do.

David Jamieson
11-29-2006, 06:56 PM
Hi Paul.

cool.

My Training partner is in contact with Erik and a couple of the others from hong kong as far as I know. I'll let him know what's happening and direct him here or put in a response on his behalf if he wants to impart one.

cheers

paulb
11-30-2006, 03:39 AM
Many thanks.
and I hope he will get involved also.
Paul

David Jamieson
12-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Hi Paul

My friend is already in contact with Erik. :)

cheers

paulb
12-07-2006, 09:23 AM
Good news.

I'll see Eric on Tuesday (12th Dec). So can talk to him properly then.
Cheers

Eddie
12-07-2006, 10:43 AM
I recently learned the black tiger set from tai xing pek gwar master chow keung. The more I practice, the more I like it. It just feels weird doing so many fujows, but really nice set.
Good luck for you guys.