PDA

View Full Version : video: throw on concrete

MasterKiller
11-26-2006, 10:06 AM
http://tooshocking.com/content/videos/movie_f54a120799d28c1fbec4aca9a6a82f5f.wmv

Water Dragon
11-26-2006, 12:02 PM
Totally uncalled for. The kid was no shirt had some training, and the other guy wasn't a threat. The dude coulda just beat him up a little bit instead of throw him. After he did throw him, the other guy was clearly out. There was no need for the follow up at the end. What was that guy planning on doing after?

cjurakpt
11-26-2006, 12:37 PM
what I found interesting from the start was the body language - it was clearly apparrant that "no-shirt" had, before a single blow was exchanged, dominated "black-shirt's" space, took his center away and had him backweighted - he was clearly in control from the get-go;

as for being excessive: not that I condone what happened, but from a purely strategic perspective, he did the right thing: drop the guy and follow-up with strikes - in the heat of the moment I think it's a little hard to expect him to know automatically that he had ended things already - of course, when he started dragging him, that was a bit much, as it was clear then the guy as out cold...

Water Dragon
11-26-2006, 12:47 PM
I disagree. If you know how to fight, you know how to gauge a threat.

When you spar a spaz, you take it light, pick him off with jabs, and throw a light power shot here and there, maybe a leg kick or two to let him know. If the guy is tough, you step it up.

When you roll with a spax, you smother him and let him wear himself out. Then you decide how to finish him.

When you randori with a spaz, you control him and use sweeps to keep him in line while you decide how (and how hard) to dump him on the mat.

I didn't see any 'heat of battle', I saw one guy I saw one guy excessively beat down the other.

I guess what I'm talking about is wude from a MMA perspective.

street_fighter
11-26-2006, 12:47 PM
I thought it was a joke for the first few seconds, I thought they were pretending to be gay... Or were gay. That throw was pretty sweet though, a little excessive but sweet.

BlueTravesty
11-26-2006, 12:53 PM
It sounds for all the world like the dude at the end says to the guy who was knocked out "Meatballs, get up!"
Did anyone else hear that or was it just me?

WinterPalm
11-26-2006, 01:26 PM
I don't know the circumstances of the fight but when it is you or them, then I would say that it should be them. We're not talking about rules in fighting, we're talking about the street. I could care less if the person attacking me is the same level, below or above my skill, I will still try as hard as I can to use what I know to stop them and if necessary, hurt them. I think that throw was executed very well and did what many try to do when they throw and that is hurt the person with the ground.

I have been dropped onto a cement floor in training many times and it hurts...not on my head fortunately, but still, using mats is no fun!:D

That said, that fight was probably an ego thing among some punks in a parking lot...not something I find myself in, ever.

Water Dragon
11-26-2006, 01:46 PM
For those of you who think this guy acted appropriately, notice how he had about 8 guys in his face at the end. Everything was cool until he pounced the guy after he threw him. If he woulda walked away after that, everthiing would have been cool. He coulda got himself jumped for acting like an @ss. THAT's real world, not some Kung Fu death match.

Should we talk about what would happen if the beat down guy called the police? Especially if the prosecutor got a hold of this tape?

Water Dragon
11-26-2006, 01:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRVxw4MVrNQ

I consider this a good example of controlled force. The judoka tries to avoid an altercation, and only escalates when he feels threatened. Notice how after the throw, he still tries to avoid fighting. This is self defense. The first video is assault.

-edit-

Notice how the judoka hit his head on the floor. That's because he didn't follow through on the throw. He was trying to protect the guy and got hurt himself. So if you're gonna do something to the guy, do it all the way or don't do it, but choose an appropriate responce.

noone
11-26-2006, 03:19 PM
the throw achived it's goal, after the first punch the rest was excessive. this is how someone lucks into a murder charge when they don't know where to stop.

The Willow Sword
11-26-2006, 04:45 PM
Well i say he lucked in to that throw. A very sloppy clash with a semi-poorly executed throw that just happened to work in the shirtless guy's favor. He also should not have continued to hit the guy or drag him off after he slammed him to the ground. Glad the other guys jumped in and rescued him.

Peace, TWS

Royal Dragon
11-26-2006, 05:28 PM
Shirtless could have just walked away. I don't think the little guy could have caught him anyway.

SevenStar
11-26-2006, 05:36 PM
For those of you who think this guy acted appropriately, notice how he had about 8 guys in his face at the end. Everything was cool until he pounced the guy after he threw him. If he woulda walked away after that, everthiing would have been cool. He coulda got himself jumped for acting like an @ss. THAT's real world, not some Kung Fu death match.

Should we talk about what would happen if the beat down guy called the police? Especially if the prosecutor got a hold of this tape?

I dunno, I don't see a problem at all with the throw. He just capitalized on an opportunity. once he noticed he was close enough to grab hold, he went for it- such is life. From a legal standpoint, he was better off by throwing him. damags done by contact with the ground is incidental. that is why we cannot strike on my job unless the situation is dire. people sue and from a legal perspective, striking is bad. However, if I have you in a full nelson or chicken wing and "accidentally" slam your head into the wall, then I can't help the fact that while you were resisting me, we tripped and hit the wall. crap happens. same with a throw. I don't have quite as much control over how much damage the ground does to you.

Now, the punches he threw after the throw were indeed excessive.

cjurakpt
11-26-2006, 11:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRVxw4MVrNQ

I consider this a good example of controlled force. The judoka tries to avoid an altercation, and only escalates when he feels threatened. Notice how after the throw, he still tries to avoid fighting. This is self defense. The first video is assault.

Notice how the judoka hit his head on the floor. That's because he didn't follow through on the throw. He was trying to protect the guy and got hurt himself. So if you're gonna do something to the guy, do it all the way or don't do it, but choose an appropriate responce.

I disagree; the guy didn't try to avoid an altercation: he stayed up in the other guys face leaving himself totally open and he didn't escalate when he "felt" threatened - he only did something after the other duy took a freebie shot at his totally exposed mid-section - he's lucky he didn't get taken out with the kick - standing toe to toe at that range without doing something is inviting trouble

and i don't think he was trying to protect the guy - why would he want to protect someone who started with him and thrw the first shot? it looks like he hit his head because he lost his footing / got dragged down with the throw, not that he was trying to control it;

that video also makes the point about following up: the guy who got thrown got back up and didn't seem in the least bit fazed by the throw - if you are in a "real" fight, why on earth would you want the guy you just dumped to get back up? if he really wanted to end thing "humanely", "thrower" should have followed the throw with some sort of submission while he had the guy on the ground (as opposed to pummeling him) - but it looks like the thrower was a little disoriented from the head whack, so maybe he didn't have the presence of mind to do that - and that's why I think he didn't start fighting again after the guy got up...

incidentally, did anyone notice that they were speaking French? and that the soundtrack was French rap?

BTW, reviewing the original video, I think that "no shirt" did have enough of a vantage to know that "shirt" was out cold after the first post-throw follow-up - the guy was basically limp in his hands, and you're right, you would be able to tell that in that particular context - it's not like "no shirt" was fighting for his life - he was in control throughout, so I agree that after that it was unecessary for him to f/u to the extent

Samurai Jack
11-26-2006, 11:44 PM
Yeah, punching someone in the head when thier face is braced against concrete is a very risky maneuver if part of your definition of self-defense includes staying out of prison. Throwing someone on thier head is also highly risky, but when push comes to shove, I'd rather do that then get stomped on myself.

Fighting is so messy.

TenTigers
11-27-2006, 12:24 AM
gppd takedown, good follow up. Excessive after the second punch. In this situation. In something a bit more serious, several follow ups would be appropriate-in my book. But this was a street brawl among teens. That means it isn't life or death and should be handled appropriately.
ok, now that I've said that, let's take a good look at what is going on here.
This is a kid's street fight that is going horribly wrong. Looking at some of the other fights we've seen on youtube and others, I have to say, that kids's street fights have escalated. I have seen quite a few of nasty altercations, which I must say, didn't happen when I was a youngster, but when I was a bit older, hanging out with a different crowd. Now it seems that the intensity has breached the "outer limits" and come into our own backyards. This is becoming the norm.
So, not to preach, but what does this say about us, as a society in general?

nyhakka
11-27-2006, 08:51 AM
It sounds for all the world like the dude at the end says to the guy who was knocked out "Meatballs, get up!"
Did anyone else hear that or was it just me?

You heard correct.....what a name...Meatballs????? Oh what has the world come to!! LOL!

cjurakpt
11-27-2006, 05:53 PM
This is a kid's street fight that is going horribly wrong. Looking at some of the other fights we've seen on youtube and others, I have to say, that kids's street fights have escalated. I have seen quite a few of nasty altercations, which I must say, didn't happen when I was a youngster, but when I was a bit older, hanging out with a different crowd. Now it seems that the intensity has breached the "outer limits" and come into our own backyards. This is becoming the norm.
So, not to preach, but what does this say about us, as a society in general?

dang, I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this - I man, we all had our scraps and scrapes back in the distant past (70's, 80's), but yeah, things that you see now, especially with the GIRLS, it's just...ugly; the thing is that, when you got in a fight, it was still kind of a deal - not an everyday event usually (well, maybe in some places, but not in general); the way things look now, these people seem to be almost comfortable with this level of violence, like it's a regular thing, like it's almost expected to happen sooner or later...sems as if the world is heating up, and not just the temperature...

Kristoffer
11-29-2006, 03:34 AM
lucky throw..
kinda gay fight