PDA

View Full Version : Is Your Art Legit?

Fook Kuil
11-28-2006, 04:56 PM
So far what i can see is people on this board claim to be authentic system and lineage holders but these guys have lied to the american public and the world knows of there teachers lies. I guess most true kung fu you will never see or its been destroyed by people that do not know the true meaning of kung fu.

So what is the TRUE meaning and training of kung fu to you?

Joi Gin Bye Bye
:D

David Jamieson
11-28-2006, 04:58 PM
not reading any more posts from racist ass holes like you.

the end.

Yao Sing
11-28-2006, 05:15 PM
Why don't you tell us since you're the only one here that knows. Better yet, SHOW us.

Put up or shut up. Take that any way you want.

Flying-Monkey
11-28-2006, 05:15 PM
So far what i can see is people on this board claim to be authentic system and lineage holders but these guys have lied to the american public and the world knows of there teachers lies. I guess most true kung fu you will never see or its been destroyed by people that do not know the true meaning of kung fu.

Joi Gin Bye Bye

This is silly. A guy who does not show his style or his history is starting a thread like this. Your opinion means very little because you have no style.

Fook Kuil
11-28-2006, 05:17 PM
Ok, where im from Gwai Lo is accepted and always used, i will use Lo Fan in the future means the same thing to us but if thats how you want to be called i will use that way. Happy now?

Fook Kuil
11-28-2006, 05:21 PM
My family art is from the Ming late ming, known for the Ghost sword and tornado fist, my father was famous also for his red chi palm and Iron vest Tit Pol Sun. There is a hongkong movie about him for all you wannabes, go look for yoruselves.

Flying-Monkey
11-28-2006, 05:24 PM
My family art is from the Ming late ming, known for the Ghost sword and tornado fist, my father was famous also for his red chi palm and Iron vest Tit Pol Sun. There is a hongkong movie about him for all you wannabes, go look for yoruselves.

What is your father's name? We could look it up, but I feel it would be best to get it straight from the horse's mouth.

Your styles are ghost sword and tornado fist?

Flying-Monkey
11-28-2006, 05:25 PM
What is your father famous for?

Yao Sing
11-28-2006, 05:26 PM
Well this Gwai Lo is much too ignorant to figure out who your father is/was so how about you spell it out for me and give me his name.

But then, you aren't your father, or grandfather. How about you shows us what YOU have?

nyhakka
11-28-2006, 05:29 PM
Now this is an interesting thread indeed. Actually, i'd like to know more about you too. for someone that has so much info you must be well connected. So Tell me more about you and your style. PM me if you want.

Fook Kuil
11-28-2006, 05:32 PM
So now its ok for you to call yourself that word that im not allowed to speak, make your mind up please, can i call it or not?:rolleyes:

Look up in chinese as you all know it, maybe Ross as he is the only legit chinese speaking Lo Fan on this entire board cause he speaks the truth!
Look up in chinese you will see, i will not say anymore but the info is online now for the last few months since we have become more involved to release the art outside to the public. Im tired now, must go and do some hei gong and herbs!

Joi Gin

The Xia
11-28-2006, 05:43 PM
Who is your father? What style(s) do you claim to do? Who are you? If you come on here and start something big like you're doing, you have to reveal who you are to have any credibility instead of dancing around it. If you want to have credibility, spit it out instead of saying you have to go "do some hei gong and herbs!" By the way, that's a bad way of wording it, "do some hei gong and herbs!" If you don't give the forum information on yourself that is verifiable (because it is possible to say you are someone you are not), then what you have to say doesn't hold water. Also, your style of speech does change from post to post and all this racial crap won't get you anywhere.

Fook Kuil
11-28-2006, 05:50 PM
Xai,

Thankyou and i will however try my best to stop the language! My english is not that good but i try to word things properly sometimes and sometimes i dont bother. I did go to english classes my Father paid for when i was a kid so i am trying my best i can. I realise that i can give my full name but i chose not to for personal reasons i have given you all enough to go and figure the rest out. My purpose is to share but mostly kung fu is to teach the highar levels of the Mind and spiritual paths. Some laugh at the spirit boxing is it true or the mind? Well if its true then its higher level of consciousness (spell) so what is TRUE kung fu for?

Flying-Monkey
11-28-2006, 05:55 PM
So now its ok for you to call yourself that word that im not allowed to speak, make your mind up please, can i call it or not?:rolleyes:

Look up in chinese as you all know it, maybe Ross as he is the only legit chinese speaking Lo Fan on this entire board cause he speaks the truth!
Look up in chinese you will see, i will not say anymore but the info is online now for the last few months since we have become more involved to release the art outside to the public. Im tired now, must go and do some hei gong and herbs!

Joi Gin

Can you see the irony in this? His father and style are famous, yet he will not tell us. He is phony. He knows nothing and his father is a nobody. He says that we, foreigners, were only taught half-a$$ kung fu. Well, half a$$ is better than nothing at all.

He is a joke.

Fook Kuil
11-28-2006, 06:00 PM
then you should be banned also for talking bad about my father and my art, dont you agree?

I believe the western mentality (spell check):) has lost the essence of the kung fu of corse maybe some of the people really understand but far and few.

Yum Cha
11-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Hi Fook,

Interesting that you came here to avenge the wrongs against Uncle Doo, and yet you carry on that your standards are beyond compromise. So, you are a believer in Doo?

You use the same unverifiable fact structure as your credibility. Same grandiose claims of mystical martial knowledge/abilities. Same "only the Chinese know the real deal" crutch of authority. Your efforts at persuasion are simply ad hom, without substance - also characteristic of the efforts on Uncle Doo's board.

Yes, you read me right, you smell of Doo.

So what is this thread of your authoring all about? Having suffered the arrows of this attention so much yourself, are you trying to cast the same bolts back at your antagonists?

Why can't you simply fight on the merits of your White Tiger training? Why do you have to fabricate all these stories? I don't think you're getting good uptake on your persona. Granted, its the best entertainment we've had in awhile...

Fook Kuil
11-28-2006, 06:37 PM
So many post while i was away, Yum CHa you must like tea? I dont know Doo or what u are saying, my post was against the people that have been calling others and attacking others unfortunatley my 1st post on the forum was that topic. I see you are PaK Mea from what temple is your clan? My Father knows Pak Mae teachers in near Modong San that is chi kung healing. White brows was a famous qi kung master and healer but not much kung fu, his system has died back in ching. Only his name lives with some masters now in Guangzhou but its mostly Loong Ying and Nam Tong Long mixed! White Tiger i never heard of i will ask my uncle and father when i arrive in china next?

Royal Dragon
11-28-2006, 06:38 PM
I learned my style from videos. I know it is legit, because it says so on the box the video came in. :p

Lama Pai Sifu
11-28-2006, 06:39 PM
Hey...wait a minute...

Since this thread was aimed at some other Sifu and his Pai which you have made a decision about his skill by a video. You now say that your teachers video clips cannot make him justice??? WTF???? Excuses or what!

I think you Lama guys are full of it and by watching your teachers clips let me give you an insight to what i think. He has no right to claim any art, he has not got a basics down of one art let alone the rest. This is what happens when you create a Mongolian Lamb dish for westerners, you screm up real kung fu. As for him being a legend let me tell you my grandfather fought against the Japs when they occupied China, he and his buddies killed many without kung fu knowledge. CTS was just a thug with no kung fu skill, wasnt even a respected teacher as you say Sibak and all the traditional ways to talk to people this is kung fu way of talking most teachers laughed behind his back. Why? Maybe you can all tell us why?

Most of the material CTS gave to you all wasnt complete, just made up and to be jealous of your schools, YOU KIDDING RIGHT?! hahahahahahaha You wonder why we call some people dumb GWAILO'S you know what that means?

FK

UH, how come this guy's English is pretty good here...

Flying Monkey,

I wont say cause it will bring attention to my Fathers art, my 1st post was unfortunately on this thread cause in Kung Fu we are taught not to have EGO, and we are taught Humility which these 2 guys have none. They have broken the law of kung fu and then they cry out that they are being judged or there teacher after they have purely attacked another or actually others on this forum. Why do they do this and get away with it, so they can can stress there EGO'S. There students should be ashamed of there teachers for there actions! In the chinese tradition there is not many that act like this in kung fu especially in Guangzhou as well Hongkong. They respect other styles and systems even if they do not they dont publicly announce it!

Joi Gin
FK

And here....

Seems like Tao Yin has some chinese helper your vocab is off somewhat but good try!

One thing is for sure Tao Yin you are 100% about the PHD on people talking sh!t you are one of them. How can you attack me i have questioned CTS as they have on most people on the forum and off the forums they feel like there a$$ has been violated again?!

What art do you study, you didnt answer my question what are you hidding are you BFP as well as Lama?

Go back to your little room and smoke some more of the crack, maybe go and learn off Coach Ross some Lama oh i forgot your his student. White belt in BJJ are we?

Welcome to the land of spitters i shall say?

Joi Gin

FK

But it starts to change here...

Yes, my engrish is not good i speak many dialects but i dont like to try and show off cause just learnt a new language, who you trying to impress?

You must be a beginner in chinese kung fu, yes? You speak like a fowl mouth little boy, you Sifu did not teach you very good manners!

If you are ever in Guangzhou come see and feel real kung fu, im sure you know what that is right?

Who is your Sifu again you dont answer question?

Lets say my Familys sword is famous there is a clue to my lineage.

I dont understand your workers and ****ing off the bose answer, is this joke?

Insanity yes, but we are all insanity?

Joi Gin
FK

And really starts to take a nosedive here....

I see now why you laugh like fool, you got laughing disease from doing your cannibal art. It also explain your manners. Then I have pity for you rather than being angry. You really should grow up foul mouth litte boy and take responsibility for your action, not play hide and seek on cold mountain tops.

I still think you are spitting Lama!

Joi Gin
FK

LOL, He's doing it again on this very thread! Surely he can't think that everyone is as dumb as he.....What a tool....

lkfmdc
11-28-2006, 06:46 PM
White brows was a famous qi kung master and healer but not much kung fu, his system has died back in ching. Only his name lives with some masters now in Guangzhou but its mostly Loong Ying and Nam Tong Long mixed! White Tiger i never heard of i will ask my uncle and father when i arrive in china next?

Now he's insulting white eyebrow also... what a jerk :rolleyes:

And it's obvious he isn't even Chinese! He hasn't been able to respond when spoke to in it, tranliterates incorrectly and he can't even name streets in the city he supposedly is living in :rolleyes:

Fook Kuil
11-28-2006, 07:12 PM
No Ross, you are now mixing and trying to switch the mode to me rather then you and your antics. Everyone knows the combining of Pak Mea and Loong Ying in fact i just looked up some of your old post of you and your charades on putting down a chinatown masters of Pak mea is that true? You also calim Pak Mea which is really upsetting funny how looking up your post you see many claims and problems. Am i the only one on the forum that has seen this or you have pulled the wool over too many eyes? :( Go down Gung Fu road you know what it is? english is bad and good when i feel the need to take my time but im posting so much i couldnt be bothered to even correct myself for you lot. I am chinese my mother is from taiwan another clue to my family history! Look up in chinese online and find out for yourselves?

Pak mea is famous for his breathing skills his body cannot be hurt or harmed from his Qi. Masters in Modong are there but its not called Pak Mae its a Dao art.

lkfmdc
11-28-2006, 07:19 PM
You didn't respond to Mandarin, you didn't respond to Cantonese. You can't name a single legit intersection in the city you claim to live in. For a guy living in China, you alternate claiming knowledge of things that happened in NYC. Your English goes from "Engrish" to venacular with up to date slang from post to post. You're a fraud. Everyone can see it, my how many friends you've made here :rolleyes: There already calling to ban you :D Your above post was very clear. Now you're insulting Bak Mei. You also insulted David Chin's technique on the other forum. Clock is ticking troll boy.... tick tick tick

Dim Wit Mak
11-28-2006, 07:26 PM

Joi Gin Bye Bye

How dare you say my art is not legit? I am a first generation student of Andromeda Kung Fu. This was brought to earth by my instructor, Sifu Intergelactica. The animal forms in this system are not tiger, leopard, crane, snake , or dragon. They are Cepticon, umbugwa, lamorta, papogrande, and nanagram. They animals are much more terrifying than the *****cats you claim to imitate. It has existed for 24,000 years and I am one of the few people on this planet chosen to study this system. You have never seen chi until you experience it in my system. Repent of you comments and tremble in fear.

Fook Kuil
11-28-2006, 07:35 PM
Dim Wit you are MAK! :)

Carry on now! Ross, no one has insulted Pak Mea but you and your claims to teach it that CTS had it from who? What temple is your Pak Mea clan from? There are 3 temples that i know that teach it!
I have 4 PM some you call buddies that would love to speak out about you but chose not too and i will not release the names of the people as i am a Gung Fu man of my word. But let me say you are a spinner and people are falling for your B.S sad world we live in. Im near by and will be going home to guangzhou soon i will be back though. When you going to fight guangzhou san da this is one place you will see me! ;)

lkfmdc
11-28-2006, 07:38 PM
I have 4 PM some you call buddies that would love to speak out about you but chose not too

One is a green elephant, the other is a unicorn and the other two are Siamese twins named Jack right? :rolleyes:

Seek psychiatric help... take the little pills...

Keep up the threats, it's hystericla to see a guy like you still trying to act tough after the beating you are taking here :rolleyes:

noone
11-28-2006, 07:48 PM
I learned my style from videos. I know it is legit, because it says so on the box the video came in. :p

You also admit you learn from videos. If they would just admit that they learned some stuff that's not legit, noone would comment (not me but others):D Sifu are known to adjust or create forms for students, but these clowns want to lead you to believe their stuff is legit, and everyone else is learning adopted stuff.:rolleyes:

By the way.. your stuff is fake also:p

lkfmdc
11-28-2006, 07:58 PM
Noone returns, he seemed to stop posting for a long while.... Noone called Wai Hong and Chan Poi fakes, then Sifu Frank Yee was mentioned, but Noone never commented? What is your opion of this person who ran a school in NY for many years and was good friends with CTS... Sifu Frank Yee was even the Baai Si witness. So what do you have to say?

We really want to know....

Flying-Monkey
11-28-2006, 08:03 PM
Noone returns, he seemed to stop posting for a long while.... Noone called Wai Hong and Chan Poi fakes, then Sifu Frank Yee was mentioned, but Noone never commented? What is your opion of this person who ran a school in NY for many years and was good friends with CTS... Sifu Frank Yee was even the Baai Si witness. So what do you have to say?

Actually, I have heard of other masters called Chan Poi a fake. No to his face, but behind closed doors.

noone
11-28-2006, 08:09 PM

Why don't you or the person who brought his name into the mix answer that? Stop trying to shift the spotlight off your fake arse, and onto someone else. One of you clowns many ways of diverting attention off yourselfs by blowing smoke screens.:rolleyes:

Yum Cha
11-28-2006, 08:10 PM
Hi Fook,
Yes, indeed I do like a cup of tea now and again. Bo Li. Old mans tea. Teet Guan Yin for my friends from the apple orchard.

Nothing insulting to me in your post. You are accurate enough to my mind. I don't care much for legends and stories of greater or lesser mythic skills, just stories to entertain children and motivate undisciplined students.

Yes, lots of Loong Ying in there, don't know enough about the tong long, but more to the point, its got that Hakka / Southern Farmer flavour, common to the lot. Perhaps a local brew. Taoist breathing, you know more than a lot of Pak Mei players (sorry monkey, add me to the list).

If you are indeed from Guangzhou, than you'll know where my Pak Mei comes from, and you'd know its not a temple.

But, enough about me, this thread is in your honour my friend. So, you tell me there's no Doo in you? Do you know much about Uncle Doo? Do you know enough to jump to his defense? Does he need defense? Please, share with us what you know that made you feel such injustice?

You are here simply to right the wrongs of arrogance, accusation and misinformation? To bring the cleansing light of truth to focus on the darkness of ignorance and deception?

Personally, I think you just like a good battle.

TenTigers
11-28-2006, 08:13 PM
Fook Kuil, I think sai-yan is perhaps the more polite term for non-Asians, as opposed to gwailo, or Lo-Fan, or Bak-Gwai. (I'm not offended either way)

SPJ
11-28-2006, 08:32 PM
fook kuil is actually a very good name.

fook means wealth.

kuil means precious or something that is of good value.

as the saying goes;

Fu Gui Zai Tian. one's fortune or blessing is up to the heaven/god.

if one's MA practice is legit or not?

you may do the move/posture, you may say where it is from (a teacher, a video, a book or your modifications), these are traceable or verifiable.

if you claim something that they are not, you lost the credibilities.

---

:)

Ultimatewingchun
11-28-2006, 08:35 PM
Lo fan is a nasty put down word that Chinese use to describe white people...it's similar to the word n igger if used by a white person to describe a black person. (Moy Yat...my first wing chun instructor, gave me the scoop on that word back in the 1970's).

I wouldn't use that word if I were you. Not unless you intend to always remain anonymous and with no true location listed. Otherwise you could get a visit from some angry lo fan and get beaten up by his inferior kung fu. :eek: :rolleyes: :cool:

Of course...as Michael Parrella has pointed out - you're probably a fraud. Fook Kuil sounds just a little too close to f uck you.

Nice try, a$$hole. :D

D-FENS
11-28-2006, 08:36 PM
My family art is from the Ming late ming, known for the Ghost sword and tornado fist.

Any similarity to the succubus daggers and Avalanche Palm?

Somebody please flush Hong Kong Fooey over here. this ****'s getting ridiculous.:rolleyes:

"Kung Fu Road," WTF?

lkfmdc
11-28-2006, 09:11 PM
Why don't you or the person who brought his name into the mix answer that?

Strange, you so freely criticized those other well known sifu and said all of CTS's friends were frauds, yet you try to avoid commenting on this one sifu? He was after all a very good friend of CTS's...

Or maybe you just realized that there are some schools where the head sifu doesn't want his students to post on the internet, and so you want to follow that trend...

How is your sifu these days?

Fook Kuil
11-28-2006, 11:49 PM
Yum Cha.

I do not know who Doo is all i did was jump on to try and stop these guys attacking some old man. Regardless of style yes kung fu people are all friends and brothers. But these guys took it too far and i gave some medicine back to them and they didnt like it now look at this sh!t fight?! When i return back to china next week ill ask some question on Pak Mae, what do you wish to know for me to ask? I know there are a few Pak Mae clubs close to Gung Fu road, you know where all the weapons shops and lion dancing are, have you been there? Most of the southern people before the war was farmers the rich wasnt, farmers are way out now as the city gets more and more poluted and busy with people and tourist. You own apple farms? Apples in china is expansive, refreshing like watermelons.

djcaldwell
11-29-2006, 03:40 AM
Yum Cha.

I do not know who Doo is all i did was jump on to try and stop these guys attacking some old man. Regardless of style yes kung fu people are all friends and brothers. But these guys took it too far and i gave some medicine back to them and they didnt like it now look at this sh!t fight?! When i return back to china next week ill ask some question on Pak Mae, what do you wish to know for me to ask? I know there are a few Pak Mae clubs close to Gung Fu road, you know where all the weapons shops and lion dancing are, have you been there? Most of the southern people before the war was farmers the rich wasnt, farmers are way out now as the city gets more and more poluted and busy with people and tourist. You own apple farms? Apples in china is expansive, refreshing like watermelons.

Holy crap this dude's flipped his wig! Apples, Lions and bears oh my...

nut case.

Lama Pai Sifu
11-29-2006, 05:43 AM
Actually, I have heard of other masters called Chan Poi a fake. No to his face, but behind closed doors.

FM,

Lots of people have said behind Chan Poi's back. They do this because re choreographed forms and taught them to Americans. Some people laugh at him because he does stuff like; include the Hung Kiu Sao (the commonly seen one-finger bridge hand) in his first first form - and it is supposed to be a mantis form.

The thing is, choreographed or not, his people have won - big time - at major Kung-Fu tournaments, he's got at least 20 branches teaching his KF at any time, he has lots of ads, has wrote books, made instructional tapes, owns the property that is school is on makes more money than most of the KF teachers in the world make.

Not to mention - even as an old guy, he can kick, punch and even hit the lowest stances - really well. Much better than 99% of the KF teachers in this country. Especially the other old guys.

It's just jealousy, that's it. When everyone sees him at an event, even the guys who talk sh1t behind his back, they all want to greet him and hang out with him.

I have met his several times, and he is a nice guy. I have 2 very close friends that were instructors under him and thier kung-fu is very good. He personally picked me, my classmates and my teacher up from the airport in 1990. He and my teacher knew each other in NY and they seemed like good friends.

In general, a good guy and excellent skills. The one bad thing I will say about him, and I'd say it to is face - WE ALL FEARED FOR OUR LIVES WHILE DRIVING WITH HIM. SAFE DRIVING DOES NOT SEEM TO BE ONE OF THE SKILLS HE HAS AQUIRED OVER THE YEARS. :) :) :)

OH, but Noone says that he was one of the guys who laughed at my teacher....

Fact is, lots of teachers choreograph or re-choreograph their forms. So what? Someone had to choreograph them in the first place! And what is fake? Aren't they all using the same techniques, just changing secquences or number of moves?

Please....with the exception of people creating new moves that are not based on any real fighting concept, I think every teacher should choreograph some sets - and they do - to meet the needs of their students, to help them learn easier, etc.

We have some 20 moves sets to teach people before they learn the harder and more complex forms, so what? CTS didn't make up 'moves' so to speak. Sure he choreographed forms, again, so what? Some forms are the same as his teachers son remembers, (whom I've practices/trained with in Toi San) and some forms are his creations. Again, so what?

Noone, Cung-Fu, Fook-Yuil - you haven't spilled an secrets. Chan Tai-San taught at lots of people's schools. So what? Are you suggesting that they all did it out of their charatible hearts and NOT because they felt that CTS had something to offer his students? C'mon...

Grandmaster of the Fu Jow Pai, Sifu Ng Wai-Hung was a friend to my Sifu as well. Three of his top Sifu trained with CTS. I only saw TWO of them train personally with him, but I was told about the third. And I mean LEARN from him, not compare notes. One would train at his apartment and we would go to one of the other's schools, and my teachers would teach him before his classes started. Been there several times. SO what? People like to learn stuff. DO you think that they would have wanted to learn from him if everyone thought his KF was bad? Again..C'mon....a little common sense here.

Maybe, perhaps, YOU are the ones who have been misinformed? Odds are, noone and his co-horst have never learned anything from CTS but may know someone who did. They may be carrying on (to the next power) rumors from other jealous people they might have heard from. Who knows?

And because a few teachers had wispered jealous remarks to each other about his forms being 'fake' (because he choreographed them), does that make his skill fake? Uh, no. You have even heard them wisper this about Chan Poi. I have heard them wisper this about half a dozen well known teachers in NYC's Chinatown. They make fun of guys who came here as teen-agers, studied for a few years in Hong-Kong or Canton, and then started teaching the Americans. 35 years later, they are well respected, but truly, what have the really learned? I've got a friend in Hong Kong (Yes, Noone knows who it is) who mentioned to me about a few teachers that are actually considerded NOONE back East - even less then a 'someone'. He laughed at quite a few of them....

Sifu Frank Yee helped my teacher out the most when he came to this country. He had him teach his own students for YEARS! Why? He also had them pay top dollar the the time. Why would he do that. Sifu Yee told me that Chan Tai-San made $4,000 in the first month or two that he taught at his school. Is Yee a bad guy, trying to decieve and his students by letting them learn from a guy who you say is fake? NOT!!!!!!!! Just to help a guy out that had no value? Hardly...

And as far as my Sifu being a drunk? He was a diabetic, not a drunk. I've seem him drink one beer at dinner and have trouble keeping his head up. I've seen him have a drink maybe a dozen times over a dozen years. He liked to play lotto. He smoked. Those were his vices. He was not a drunk. Where do you even get this stuff??

Fact is - CTS's stuff was very very good. I've been all over the country and in China as well. I've been training for 26 years and seen a lot of schools. I've worked as a consultant for over 13 years in the martial arts business industry, and it's allowed me meet more school owners than you can shake a stick at. I've seen a lot. CTS was a high level practitioner. He killed people and fought with his KF. He fought in world wars and the cultual revolution. He grew up around famine and poverty and fought to stay alive. He wasn't politically correct and he wasn't a diplomat. He was a very 'rough around the edges' Kung-Fu guy, who spent the better part of 60 years, learning and training in Kung-Fu. They guy started training at 8 years old and was still learning stuff well into his forties.

And for a little validation, my friendly trolls, ask Sifu Frank Yee. He and I sat in Toi-San and listed to people talk about what a tough fighter CTS was. About his fights and what he and his classmates went through during their training.

I'm sure you could ask Yee about this, but you probably would get in trouble if he found out who you are, Noone,...posting and talking sh1t. I thought you were already told not to do this sh1t. Oh..that's right. THAT'S why you hide your names

mantiskilla
11-29-2006, 06:21 AM
This has nothing to do with Chan Poi, as my question is really directed at your statement:

"The thing is, choreographed or not, his people have won - big time - at major Kung-Fu tournaments, he's got at least 20 branches teaching his KF at any time, he has lots of ads, has wrote books, made instructional tapes, owns the property that is school is on makes more money than most of the KF teachers in the world make."

Is this your definition of good kung fu?

Lama Pai Sifu
11-29-2006, 06:29 AM
This has nothing to do with Chan Poi, as my question is really directed at your statement:

"The thing is, choreographed or not, his people have won - big time - at major Kung-Fu tournaments, he's got at least 20 branches teaching his KF at any time, he has lots of ads, has wrote books, made instructional tapes, owns the property that is school is on makes more money than most of the KF teachers in the world make."

Is this your definition of good kung fu?

Not necessarily. I've seen good and bad people accomplish the same thing. Chan Poi has demonstrated very good physicall skills in public, many times. He has been a promotor of Chinese KF for a long time. I know some of his instructors personally. I couldn't really say anything more about Chan Poi without fighting with him myself.

Since most of us haven't fought all the teacher who are out there, it's kind of hard to conclusivly. Don't you agree? There are many teachers who people say are 'good' but don't even have any good physical skills. So on that level, Chan Poi is better skilled, physically, than most of the teachers in his generation, in this country. I don't think that can be easily disputed.

We can only go based on what we see, what we touch and what we hear. Other than people giving him a hard time for his choreography, I've not heard that he is 'fake'. I know students of his personally, that have good skills, applications and fighting ability. I've seen his students do stuff. They look good.

'Nuff said!

racerX
11-29-2006, 06:29 AM
Nice post,Lama

lkfmdc
11-29-2006, 06:36 AM
Strong stances, strong punches, powerful kicks, fluid movement... Chan Poi has all of them, and has them STILL at an old age and with a horrible case of being a diabetic.... add to that the fact I know that on three occassions Chan Poi demonstratd the APPLICATION of his moves in real life and I'd say he has good kung fu.....

People on the fringes of the Mo Lum speak badly about famous teachers. It's because those people are outsides, wannabes and jealous.... As these threads have proved, the stories they tell only impress the uneducated and the uniformed, IE they have no basis in fact and like a vampire shrink and crumble in the light of day

Wai Hong's iron palm is famous, he even shreds bags by just running his fingers over it. He also trained guys that went to Asia, fought full contact and won. One of his students was the full contact champion of the world and undefeared for 14 years

YC Wong is another living legend, his kung fu combines uniquely "hard" and "soft". His Hung Ga is strong yet fluid. His Pek Gwa fast and nimble. HIs internal impressive

Tai Yim probably has the most impressive form of anyone ever seen in the US. Anyone should look at his clips on youtube. He stresses basics with his students and his students have gone to China and won both forms and full contact

These people were all close friends of CTS, and they respected him.

Whether you like it or not, Frank Yee, Wai Hong, Tak Wah Eng, Chan Fei and many others PAID sifu to teach their students in their schools. They didn't do it because it was "fun". They did it because CTS had unique knowledge.

Kwan Shi Yu, one of Wai Hong's seniors, came to Chan Tai San to learn weapons because CTS had a unique skill with them

Chan Fei asked to learn the "Faan Kahm Na" because he never learned it

Tat Mau Wong learned a CLF short hand form from CTS because it was a version unique to CTS's lineage

All this stuff happened, and it is WELL KNOWN. You can banter all day on the internet but you won't change that fact. And most of the trolls here are of so low a skill level that all they do is make themselves look bad in the process

mantiskilla
11-29-2006, 06:40 AM
Lama--

ok thanks. Again this wasnt really about Chan Poi ( I have also met him several times, lunch, etc. and he was always very nice to me. I really like the man.). That's all I will say about Wah Lum.

In this day and age, unfortunately, skill and knowledge has little to do with success of schools...its really both sides of the spectrum as you mentioned.

Yao Sing
11-29-2006, 09:56 AM
The one bad thing I will say about him, and I'd say it to is face - WE ALL FEARED FOR OUR LIVES WHILE DRIVING WITH HIM. SAFE DRIVING DOES NOT SEEM TO BE ONE OF THE SKILLS HE HAS AQUIRED OVER THE YEARS. :) :) :)

Chan Poi navigates by Qi. It's actually the same principle he uses when he looks the other way when you're testing yet nails you on what you did wrong. He's been known to catch students making mistakes even though he was in another room.

:)

Golden Arms
11-29-2006, 10:58 AM
Amen to Chan Poi's driving being scary...

TaiChiBob
11-29-2006, 12:34 PM
Greetings..

In general, a good guy and excellent skills. The one bad thing I will say about him, and I'd say it to is face - WE ALL FEARED FOR OUR LIVES WHILE DRIVING WITH HIM. SAFE DRIVING DOES NOT SEEM TO BE ONE OF THE SKILLS HE HAS AQUIRED OVER THE YEARS. The man is an accident waiting to happen, his driving has ruined more pairs of my underwear... but, after 12 years training with him, i can say with certainty.. that for every amazing public display he has made, his antics around the temple are much better.. Like Dave (Yao Sing) said, i've been busted for errors from the "old travel agency".. he would come waddling over yelling "Robert.. what you do, you moon cha cha".. i have yet to figure out how he knew i was making a mistake or just goofing around, but he did.. regardless of his modifications to Wah Lum, he has consistently produced some of the most athletically competitive students in international competitions. MC's reasoning was simple, he changed it because none of us could keep up with him.. he kept it real and applicable, but modified it enough for the serious players to stay involved.. i've not seen anyone dance the Plum Flower Poles like him.. Wah Lum, the school, may have softened a bit.. but, Wah Lum (Hua Lin) the Man, in the person of Chan Pui, is strong, vital, and very real.. to name him a fraud indicates a distinct lack of knowledge.

Fook Kuil: The stones you cast at others are better used to build your own castle.. identify yourself, your lineage, and demonstrate WuDe.. so far, you have dishonored Kung Fu. You speak from hiding, you speak in riddles, and your claims are inconsistent with facts.. Your actions speak of cowardice or shame, or both.. stand tall and be a man, or go hide..

Before you question me.. My screen-name in here is the one Master Chan used to call me when i wasn't in trouble.. Rahbat (Robert), when i was in trouble.. there are several posters, like Yao Sing, that know me.. i've been in MA since 1964, well.. a couple of years off due to poor discipline and starting a family and a business.. CMA since 1989.. Feel free to PM me, i will give you any additional information you choose.. YOUR TURN!!

Be well...

lkfmdc
11-29-2006, 12:43 PM
well, old Fook did serve some purpose, I almost never agree with Tai Chi bob but I'll give that last post two thumbs up :D

TaiChiBob
11-29-2006, 01:02 PM
Greetings..

lkfmdc: Hi Dave, while i disagree with your posting style, i have never challenged your abilities or your lineage.. and, as odd as it may seem, i agree with many of your concepts..

BUT, my attorney will be contacting your attorney regarding injuries incurred when i lost consciousness over your last post.. although, it has been printed, framed and now hangs, among other memorabilia, above the alter :D

Be well..

SifuAbel
11-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Is your art legit?

.......Yes.........

Ray Pina
11-29-2006, 02:19 PM

I have two fists, elbows, shoulders, feet, knees, hips... one spine ... one mind.... I train them to respond well in hand to hand combat.

Where does it come from? It comes from training technique that makes sense to me.

Is it legit? Depends on who I'm comparing it against. Sometimes its more than enough, sometimes its lacking.

Lama Pai Sifu
11-29-2006, 02:27 PM
RP,

Good post.