PDA

View Full Version : Learning in Beijing

One Armed Boxer
11-29-2006, 03:22 AM
Hi Kung fu heads

This is my first post on the forum

I知 moving to Beijing in Jauary and want to take up a new martial art

I致e trained Kickboxing & Ju-Jitsu in the past but I知 interested in learning some traditional CMA

I知 interested in both Internal & External styles

Does anyone know of a good school Sifu in Beijing who accepts foreign students

Thanks!

XiaoJieFu
11-29-2006, 08:43 AM
Sorry to hijack the thread, but...

I'm also going to beijing for half a year in march! I currently train TCMA, and I'm also looking for a good school to train, something hopefully with San Shou. I also speak some chinese, although I'm a foreigner.

One Armed Boxer
11-29-2006, 09:38 AM
no problem!

hopefully we can both find a good teacher :D

One Armed Boxer
12-04-2006, 08:50 AM
can anyone help???

Just after a good teacher in Beijing ;)

golden arhat
12-06-2006, 04:09 AM
you can probably find some good bagua teachers there

the lines between wushu andd traditional are quite blurred there

XiaoJieFu
12-06-2006, 08:54 AM
I've heard the exact same thing from my SiHing. I'll have to keep a critical eye...

I've thought about getting into San Shou. How does it work over there? Are there traditional schools that do San Shou, or is it more like going to a boxing gym if you want to do it?

wiz cool c
12-06-2006, 11:26 PM
Here's a link to two really great teachers. Ba Gua and Tai Chi. I trained with them when I first came here in January. I liked it so much [plus I met a girl] that I moved here four months latter. I have been training in Shuai Jiao here. The teachers are great and the student are mostly teenagers. The class is two hours long and very tiring. I don't want to blow up the spot. I'm getting such a great deal here with my S/J training but if you are interested in learning S/J let me know and we can meet. I live in Chao Yang District. Near Chao Yang Park.

wiz cool c
12-06-2006, 11:28 PM
http://www.metal-tiger.com/Wu_Tang_PCA/BeijingTrip2005.html

Sorry Her's the link.

One Armed Boxer
12-07-2006, 06:21 AM
many thanks :D

Eddie
12-07-2006, 09:27 AM
my shaolin sifu moved back to beijing in april this year. He's name is Wong Guang Quan, who played the emperor in jet li's movie shaolin temple. He teaches Taiji, bagua, xing yi and northern shaolin (Xiao Bei Quan). There is a brief feature of Xiao Bei quan on the video, Hardtimes aka Dragons of the orient.

Pm me, and I can gibe you his contact details.

bodhitree
12-07-2006, 09:33 AM
www.ycgf.org
and
www.googleyoulazy.com

One Armed Boxer
12-29-2006, 10:18 AM
Well I had my interview last week and managed to get the job :D

unfortunatley it doesn't start to August so i've got to hang on until then :mad:

now i'm i've got to find a school around here (Plymouth) to do some sort of martial art until then