PDA

View Full Version : Want a traditional forum at mixedmartialarts.com?

Mr. Nemo
10-23-2001, 04:40 AM
Mixedmartialarts.com is considering adding a traditional arts forum, thanks to the requests and nagging of those of us who enjoy MMA but train in a traditional art. To help make this happen, go to mixedmartialarts.com and click on the "new forum ideas," then on the "traditional Q&A" thread and let the moderators know your wishes.

Martial Joe
10-23-2001, 04:59 AM
you know what I would like...
I would like them to make the forum they have and turn it from the piece of crap it is now into somthing nice like kfo.
The forum there sucks...
The people dont just the way the forum is made and the way it works ****es me off...

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif IXIJoe KaveyIXIhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif
I am Sharky's main man...

Waidan
10-23-2001, 05:45 AM
Never been to the site, but I'm with you in principle. I like watching the MMA events, and I hope to participate in them on some level in the future, but I definitely have a more traditional training mindset.

I'll have to check the forum out :)

MIKSANSOO
10-23-2001, 06:30 AM
why? isn't this forum good enough? i like the diffence between the two.

"you can take my life, but not my confidence"
Jimmy H. Woo

jimmy23
10-23-2001, 07:13 AM
martial Joe is a silly young man

"You guys have obviously never done any real fighting if you are mocking spitting"
Spinning Backfist

Sharky
10-23-2001, 07:15 AM
why exactly?

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Khun Kao Charuad
10-23-2001, 02:53 PM
Why?

If you want to discuss traditional arts, come to this forum. If you want to discuss non-traditional/MMA's, go to MMA.com

Khun Kao

Mr. Nemo
10-23-2001, 04:31 PM
"If you want to discuss traditional arts, come to this forum. If you want to discuss non-traditional/MMA's, go to MMA.com"

What if you want to discuss traditional arts within the context of MMA, and with people who are knowledgable about both MMA and traditional arts? Here it's often one of the other, never both.

tsb
10-23-2001, 07:14 PM
Mr. Nemo, you and any other legitimate posters would probably spend most of your time defending the combat efficacy of your particular style.

That is, unless the Q&A was heavily moderated to stop trolling and style bashing.

Oh, and jimmy23 is correct.

Watchman
10-23-2001, 07:20 PM
Nice to see you here!

I lurk around on your kickboxing forum over at mma.com and have gleaned quite a bit of useful information.

You run a good show on that forum.

Mr. Nemo
10-23-2001, 08:30 PM
"you and any other legitimate posters would probably spend most of your time defending the combat efficacy of your particular style.
That is, unless the Q&A was heavily moderated to stop trolling and style bashing."

The forum would be moderated by a traditional stylist. I don't agree with you that most of our time would be spent dealing with style bashers. Very little traditional style bashing goes on at mixedmartialarts.com.

CD Lee
10-23-2001, 10:34 PM
What the heck are you saying??? Make a complete sentence please. I swear, trying to read that makes my head ache.

tsb
10-23-2001, 11:42 PM
I've seen a fair amount of what I would consider "bashing" done when traditional styles are brought up in conversation. Especially, when traditional MA are discussed in the context of MMA/NHB fighting.

Traditional styles seem to be given some credit from a self-defense or streetfighting perspective. But when MMA is the topic, the threads often deteriorate.

ATENG
10-24-2001, 05:30 AM
"Very little traditional style bashing goes on at mixedmartialarts.com."

uh...right. unless of course they've changed THAT much since the time i lurked and posted there. the only legitimate arts at the underground are bjj,mt,sambo,wrestling,and boxing. maybe judo to an extent.

"It's all fun and games til someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun."