PDA

View Full Version : Analogous activities

Chris McKinley
08-30-2001, 03:24 AM
Have any of you noticed analogies between internal arts practice and the performance of other actions or activities in your daily life? For instance, I've noticed quite a few in the playing of a musical instrument and even a few with driving a vehicle with a standard transmission.

Repulsive Monkey
08-30-2001, 10:56 AM
A few too. Singing from the Dan Tien seems more sonorous. Playing pool (I kid you not!!) has improved for me as I relax more and use mind intent when setting up shots, I also project through the cue like when I do sword form (try it don't take my word for it). Standing on bus stops is a classic exercise for me. And actaully writing music after I've done Prof. Cheng Man-ching's Bear Classic exercise too is always a good one for me, actually has improved my songwriting I reckon!!.

Nexus
08-30-2001, 07:35 PM
I used to do a lot of coordination activities like juggling/hackysack and some sports. One day while juggling, I spontaneously decided to try some tricks I had never been able to do before, and they were working as my intent was to make them happen rather then trying to make them happen. This was just the beginning :) Once the internal arts become a part of you, they affect more things than you will even realize. It happens in the way you move throughout the world, your sensitivity to your surroundings, awareness, concentration/focus etc. It's rather remarkable in my opinion.

- Nexus

<font size="1">"Time, space, the whole universe - just an illusion! Often said, philosophically verifiable, even scientifically explainable. It's the <font color="blue">'just'</font> which makes the honest mind go crazy and the <font color="blue">ego</font> go berserk." - Hans Taeger</font>