PDA

View Full Version : Signature Characteristics of your Style

Minghequan
12-12-2006, 05:21 PM
What would you say is the main signature characteristics of your particular style? Is there one technique or aspect that stands out in your art?

Here is one from my art:

Front & Side view of the Shiho Tien Sh-it (Feeding Crane Open's it's Wings). The body position (Tiwei) is held supple and relaxed and is likened to a bow with the limbs being the arrows (Zhang). The energy is lead by the mind through what is known as Xinyi (“Intention”) and delivered via Zhiqiao (“Limb Skill”). White Crane Kung Fu is a soft style which focuses on short ranged hand techniques, with a strong emphasis on applying Dan Dou Qin (Chi tremor). Like an agile bird it eschews confrontations of head-on power. It utilizes folding and flapping actions for elbow and hand continually exchanging with one another. Some times the crane is frontal like a posturing bird. Sometimes it turns suddenly with a surprising wing like covering. In ancient days observers were amazed at the sight of cranes taking off into flight and cracking the branches of nearby trees with the tips of their wings. This idea of extreme acceleration is still evident in the shivering fingertips of crane practitioners when they utilize this energy.

The mind's (Yi) "intent" must also be properly focused and centred within when executing movement. One must not allow the mind to become distracted or bound by external thoughts, the mind should be focused. Qi/Chi only moves only as the mind moves. Energy is directed by your mind. The “Yi” (mind) leads the “Li: (body).

The use of the breath is also important as in Chinese martial arts Qi/Chi is breath.

When you have the proper mindset (intent) combined with the correct body posture and breathing then you will develop correct Fajin or expression of energy.

golden arhat
12-13-2006, 02:29 AM
those pictures are stupid

the signiature movement of my style (valetudo) is the other guy lying unconscious on the floor

Lama Pai Sifu
12-13-2006, 06:51 AM
Where can I get a bird like that?

I think this style is very simliar though. I think they might be one and the same.

You decide;

And don't get yer panties in such a bunch..I'm only having fun..

MasterKiller
12-13-2006, 07:36 AM
crushing my enemies,
seeing them driven before me,
and hearing the lamentations of their women.

WinterPalm
12-13-2006, 10:00 AM
The complete breakdown of all genetic material of my victims within mere miliseconds after I decide to bring it.

jigahus
12-13-2006, 10:29 AM
crushing my enemies,
seeing them driven before me,
and hearing the lamentations of their women.

Nice I saw Conan the Barbarian the other day on AMC too. :D

banditshaw
12-13-2006, 11:16 AM
My Style is like a finger pointing away to the moon.........

Royal Dragon
12-13-2006, 12:08 PM
I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you! :D

golden arhat
12-13-2006, 12:12 PM
lol we hijacked a legitamite thread

golden arhat
12-13-2006, 12:14 PM
the dinosaurs
how they all died ?

that was me

i like to call it extinct-do

Royal Dragon
12-13-2006, 12:31 PM
Dude, ur making that up!

You Extinct- Do guys all say that kind of silly stuff! But you cna't be for real, I mean the name of your style is like two seperate languages combined!

Besides, outside of your deluded lineage, everyone knows Cavasaurus Combat is responsible for not only extincting the Dinosaurs, but also the Wolly Mamoth.

As the prehysterical Grandmaster of the style, I am the authourity on this subject!

Who else has mastered the entire Caveasaurus Combat Curriculem of

1. Prehystoric Punch
2. The famous "Caveman Kick"
-. (Sorry, we only had 2 numbers back then) - Preditorial Pounce
-. and the main weapon and most famous part of the style; the Caveman Club!!

Of course, I am the keeper of the secret style we used on those pesky Wolly Mamoths, the pointy spear. (One of us figured out how to stick a sharp rock on our club)

So, as you can see by my above listed credentials, I have the best, most ancient and powerful style so it's useless to attempt an argument!

WinterPalm
12-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Guys, it isn't about styles. Never mind just training in extinct-do, or cavasauras-do with their limited approaches...sure maybe the punch or infamous kick would work, or the extinction of their species, but why not combine them with my new format where you can actually test them against resisting opponents. Sure, your extinction-do might work but if you can't test it at full speed then how do you really know?
Likewise, the cavasauras might have many great advantages, but lacks in its totality of breadth in terms of finishing techniques.

My style, that of the Shredded Soul-Removing Battle Axe offers much more comprehensive approaches that are conducive both to unarmed street combat and the cage where you earn your cred and test your chin.

Royal Dragon
12-13-2006, 01:20 PM
We don't have "Finnishing" techniques? Are you mad? We *Finnished* The dinosaurs, we *Finnished* the Wolly Mamoths, and we *Finnished* a good many other species!

Lord, you have never had to deal with the ferociousness of the preditorial pounce followed by the caveman club as a finnishing technique.

Once that is done, liberal application of the Caveman kick to our downed prey is just for good measure and starting the tenderising process for tonites dinner!

MasterKiller
12-13-2006, 01:31 PM
So you made the Dinosaurs Finnish? Were they all relocated to Finland or just naturalized?

SifuAbel
12-13-2006, 01:35 PM
So I now gather that your style comes from Finland? I never thought of that , finnish MA... :D

Royal Dragon
12-13-2006, 01:47 PM
OMG!! I'm crack'n the F--K Up!!! :p

golden arhat
12-13-2006, 01:50 PM
i am CAPTAIN CAVEMAN!!!!!!!
yeah long story i got froze didnt shave in a while gt rescued by these girls and then the 70s ended and i resigned to teaching the original extinct-do
and btw i was around before language so i came up with both english and japanese so there il call it whatever the hell i want

Royal Dragon
12-13-2006, 02:01 PM
Uughgg grrr ugg grunt grunt!!!!

I am the only original lineage holder of the undeluted, original PREhysterical style!!!

You Extinct-Do guys are just a watered down off shoot, you were never taught the inside, innercave essence of the style!!

You are no master, your founder branched off a mellennia ago without ever even testing for his Black Pelt!! His claimes of being the prehysterical Grandcavemaster are an out and out LIE!!!!

Your lineage is not even *In* the cave paintings!!

His training was incomlpete, that is why he had to make up that silly extinct-do name! :mad:

Royal Dragon
12-13-2006, 02:04 PM
And that furry Iceman story is just over the top, do you ever listen to yourselves?

Yao Sing
12-13-2006, 02:18 PM
That side crane picture is, ah, funny. But he needs to put the crane neck back in his pants.

Now in that Front Crane picture it looks like Bob has a FIRM resolve and is STANDING UP to all comers.

Bob has his qi RISING and the awe of fellow practioners.
:D

Royal Dragon
12-13-2006, 02:35 PM
I Ain't saaayyy'nnn Nuuuttttt'nnn!!!!!! :eek:

BruceSteveRoy
12-13-2006, 02:46 PM
yao sing. i think we were all thinking it but you said it. good job.

but seriously folks, do any of you feel that we should hijack RD's new thread about caveman style or its goverment sanctioned flashier version cromagnondo. with the ligitimate thread that was started here? i think that would be funny. so everyone go to RD's new thread and talk about the Signature Characteristics of your style.

or else i will send my highly trained cromagnondo commandos after you.

Lama Pai Sifu
12-13-2006, 03:00 PM
We don't have "Finnishing" techniques? Are you mad? We *Finnished* The dinosaurs, we *Finnished* the Wolly Mamoths, and we *Finnished* a good many other species!

Lord, you have never had to deal with the ferociousness of the preditorial pounce followed by the caveman club as a finnishing technique.

Once that is done, liberal application of the Caveman kick to our downed prey is just for good measure and starting the tenderising process for tonites dinner!

RD, Dude, you just said "Wolly" heh heh....I thought they were "Wooly"?

WinterPalm
12-13-2006, 03:05 PM
RD,
COuld you please point me to the video of your style doing its socalled "finnishing" moves. Otherwise I feel that it is to theoretical and abstract, thus far removed from reality and real combat fighting which is necessary.
Also, if you don't have any footage of that, how about your style up against MMA in a cage match?

Royal Dragon
12-13-2006, 04:24 PM
I can't do an MMA cage match, I would not be allowed to fully use the caveman Kick, and the club and spear are also against the rules.

Also, killing opponents and eating them are banned techniques as well! :mad:

WinterPalm
12-13-2006, 04:45 PM
Oh so only if you use banned techniques you can win?
What about Ror and Romo Gracie taking on all those challenge matches? Or the original UFC fights? There weren't no rules then bub.

That said, if you can't win using regular techniques, against a guy that is just a circumscribed by the rules as you, then how do you think you'll execute a fancy cannibalism technique?

That's what I thought? Go back and study the cave manuals, you are missing out on a lot of stuff...:rolleyes:

Royal Dragon
12-13-2006, 04:54 PM
Oh so only if you use banned techniques you can win?
What about Ror and Romo Gracie taking on all those challenge matches? Or the original UFC fights? There weren't no rules then bub.

Reply]
We were representing in the original UFCs!! Don the *Preditor* Fry was one of my top students!

His big downfall was mixing more modern Greco /Roman Empire stuff into the original 2 techniques. But if you watch the old videos of him, you can see the Caveman punch in action and WINNING!

>>That said, if you can't win using regular techniques, against a guy that is just a circumscribed by the rules as you, then how do you think you'll execute a fancy cannibalism technique?

Reply]
FAncey techniques? LOL no wonder you don't get it! Caveasaurus Combat is about direct, brutal effciiency!!

>>That's what I thought? Go back and study the cave manuals, you are missing out on a lot of stuff...

Reply]
Umm...manuals? what are those? is that some sort of new fangled thing like the wheel?

Royal Dragon
12-13-2006, 05:10 PM
cromagnondo is actually one of the ancient root styles Cavasaurus Combat evolved from. It didnt' have any techniques though, because numbers had not been inveted at all.

The preditorial pounce evolved from this style, and we still practice it in honor of our predicessors.

Shaolinlueb
12-13-2006, 05:27 PM
lesson, dont ever post legitimate threads asking questions.

i would try to bring it back on track, but it was too funny reading all that stuff.

Minghequan
12-13-2006, 06:18 PM
Very funny although not the type of discussion I thought may happen. I have not laughed so hard for a long time! ............ Thanks guys LOL!

WinterPalm
12-13-2006, 09:47 PM
cromagnondo is actually one of the ancient root styles Cavasaurus Combat evolved from. It didnt' have any techniques though, because numbers had not been inveted at all.

The preditorial pounce evolved from this style, and we still practice it in honor of our predicessors.

Right,
You practice inefficient, outdated things that bear no resembelance to real combat and then you have the gall, yes, the gall to claim that you represent a direct brutal form of combat? Caveman please!

Just so you know, the octagon is one of my students, students, students who didn't learn that much. Talk about street cred, you fall off the map with your nonsense.

Umm...manuals? what are those? is that some sort of new fangled thing like the wheel?

They were actually toilet paper discards from the first palaeolithic ice age about five million years before we invented the caves in which you first saw our illustrations claiming that you belong to that lineage.

Don't speak to me about the Roman Empire young man, I was there when the crap hit the fan and I, personally, fought tigers and elephants and giant man-sized shrimp with spiked feely-tentacles...you don't know how we used to roll back in the Roman empire days.

golden arhat
12-14-2006, 02:30 AM
yao sing. i think we were all thinking it but you said it. good job.

but seriously folks, do any of you feel that we should hijack RD's new thread about caveman style or its goverment sanctioned flashier version cromagnondo. with the ligitimate thread that was started here? i think that would be funny. so everyone go to RD's new thread and talk about the Signature Characteristics of your style.

or else i will send my highly trained cromagnondo commandos after you.

royal dragon's thread ? i started this buddy with extinct do
everyone else sucks no one can handle or understand the 36 mastadon stances
or the 72 secret fossil techniques (only achieved through true stillness ......for millions of years)

all the rest are cheap imitations they even hijacked my idea on theis thread

now im gonna start juna-fying your asses and copy and paste you to death

golden arhat
12-14-2006, 02:35 AM
oh yeah and btw
the ultimate techinque of extinct do is called smallpox
i preserved it with me when i got froze

no ones standin up to that
hell the only thing deadlier than that is **** cheyney :p

BruceSteveRoy
12-14-2006, 06:46 AM
everyone else sucks no one can handle or understand the 36 mastadon stances
or the 72 secret fossil techniques (only achieved through true stillness ......for millions of years)

all the rest are cheap imitations they even hijacked my idea on theis thread

now im gonna start juna-fying your asses and copy and paste you to death

RD starteda seperate thread for this conversation concerning lineage of prehistoric combat. buddy. http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44241

Royal Dragon
12-14-2006, 06:56 AM

Reply]
YOU started it? HA!!! I started the Caveasaurus Combat bit back in the mid 90's on a now extinct (LOL) BBS called martial arts TOC with a couple of guys who are now on E-Budo!!

I don't remeber the one guys name, but the other was calling himself "Sithlord", but on E-Budo was and still is "yamatodamashii"

SPJ
12-14-2006, 08:22 AM
My Style is like a finger pointing away to the moon.........

this is deep and very deep.

the focus is on the moon or direction the finger is pointing and not on the finger.

sig posture. you may pick one wichever you like.

1. Xing Yi. San Ti Shi or this is the posture where everything starts and ends.

2. Ba Gua. Green dragon extending claws. This is the posture where every palm method may start and end.

3. Tai Chi, Huen Yuan Zhuang.

4. Ba Ji, Dang Yi Ding or Liang Yi Ding. There are several forms just all evolve or derive from Liang Yi, well actually everything may change from there.

5. Mantis, The mantis catches the circa--

--

there are many types of cranes.

so what may evolve or derive from your postures and why pick them as sig.

that is the question?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndY4jMB9w6U&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxWBKxCGCbc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP-26s4aZPM

Liang Yi Ding is at 0:17 to 0:20. the whole forms based from that posture.

:D

Lama Pai Sifu
12-14-2006, 08:40 AM
Am I missing something, or does someone not realize that they are being f*cked with? Some people are posting very seriously, this is a non-serious thread, right?

RD, you are just f*cking around, right? I didn't read the whole thing, but I thought it was funny....

SPJ
12-14-2006, 08:46 AM
Oops. ----@#$%^&

BruceSteveRoy
12-14-2006, 08:57 AM
uh oh guys i think lama pai sifu just said your style isn't serious.

golden arhat
12-14-2006, 09:03 AM
he'll see how serious i am when i give him a prehistoric strain of the smallpox virus

:P:P:P:

BruceSteveRoy
12-14-2006, 09:35 AM
be careful though. on top of being a lama pai sifu i have heard he studies the secret art of llama pie fu (no relation to lama pai). and there might be some nutritional counter agent to your small pox found deep within the secret (and delicious) llama pie.

golden arhat
12-14-2006, 09:46 AM
not if i infect the llama aswell

Royal Dragon
12-14-2006, 10:55 AM
RD, you are just f*cking around, right? I didn't read the whole thing, but I thought it was funny....

Reply]
No, I am Not F#cking around, I am serious. Caveasaurus Combat is my core style. I am *THE* Prehysterical Grandmaster of the style today. It is the Oldest, and purest martial art in existence, and can be dated to before H0m0sapiens evolved (The style evolved from Cromagnondo as mentioned earlier by another poster).

golden arhat
12-14-2006, 12:56 PM
im confused as to weither RD is being serious or joking
whatever im captain cave man il grunt and all my problems will dissapear