PDA

View Full Version : What are things that frustrated you most in your practice?

SPJ
12-12-2006, 11:45 PM
Oh, too many to mention.

a lot of styles seemed fun or "easy" to do; and yet when you practice them, everything is like hellish or very trying.

I was asked to stamp the foot, I would jump way high. too much, too little, no arching back, no protruding butt, chin down, on and on.

---

:D

SPJ
12-12-2006, 11:48 PM
I think most frustrating thing for me. would be out of practice.

some moves you do very well. once out of practice for one reason or another such as sickness, family matters, jobs, etc.

and you think you still may do well, when you do it, nah, have to start over or relearn almost everything.

--

:D

samson818
12-13-2006, 12:01 AM
Relaxing is one of the most frustrating for me.

Relaxing while not being limp.

The duality of hard and soft.

My shenfa goes to hell after some time sitting in mabu.

viper
12-13-2006, 12:16 AM
for me its getting injured or sick i just want to go go go people say ill be dead by the time im 30 im like its training kung fu they just dont get why any one does it. My sifu says back in the day he woulda gave me a run for my money in conditioning which tells me im on the right track skilll on the other hand hed giv it to me so gives me somthing to strive for i guess im enthusisastic.

Royal Dragon
12-13-2006, 05:29 AM
Finding good people to cross hands with that will work specifically on hte techniques in my style as well.

I'm actually thinking of starting a High school program just to hvae people to do two man stuff specific to my system.

MasterKiller
12-13-2006, 07:17 AM
I'm pretty sweet right now. I have a good workout group with various specialties...brazilian BJJ, classical JJ, Boxing, Judo...and I'm improving every day.

BruceSteveRoy
12-13-2006, 07:17 AM
staying healthy. i tend to injure myself every few months. mostly my knees and ankles. but as far as curriculum i would say the toughest part for me is anything involving vertical leap. i have what has been often referred to as lead foot. it first became aparent to others when i was playing basketball and was sinking all my shots without leaving the ground. so i got called on it and was told to jump. didn't go so well for me. i have improved dramatically through practice and excercise but still not where i want it to be. hurricane kicks are still hard for me from a stationary start. if i have momentum there is no problem. most of the exercises i have been shown to improve it are too much strain on my already dodgy knee.

Mr Punch
12-13-2006, 07:39 AM
They don't seem so important now, in light of that vid Masterkiller's just posted.

But, the injuries, as Bruce said. Plus not having enough time or money to train nearly a quarter as much as I'd like.

Ray Pina
12-13-2006, 07:54 AM
While training Kung Fu, it was finding like-minded people to train with, to test the material. I actually had to go get my own students so I could train the way I wanted too.

In BJJ, it's the occassional bad attitude of someone ranked higher than you who has never rolled with you (and who you think you could submit) and, most importantly, would **** if you suggested free play... meaning starting standing and with full striking.

In other words, they look down on you as a white belt and don't realise you may in fact posses more black belts than they do shoes.

Fuzzly
12-13-2006, 08:25 AM
Getting my body up to speed with my mind.

Royal Dragon
12-13-2006, 08:45 AM
While training Kung Fu, it was finding like-minded people to train with, to test the material. I actually had to go get my own students so I could train the way I wanted too.

Reply]
Yeah, me too....

WinterPalm
12-13-2006, 09:57 AM
The biggest frustration for me is killing my sparring partners after only one touch and then trying to find more people to train with.
You guys probably wouldn't understand but it sucks.:(

jigahus
12-13-2006, 10:32 AM
Working on my left side. I lilterally have a left foot that is clumsy.

TaichiMantis
12-13-2006, 11:59 AM
Tornado kicks...jump, spin, kick thingy. I can jump kick forward and sideways...but lose it with spinning involved. Of course being overweight and starting kungfu in my 40's may have something to do with it:rolleyes:

5Animals1Path
12-13-2006, 02:04 PM
My Sifu being so "asian", and me being so "white". ;)

Really though, my only gripe is the out of school practice. I seem to go looking for things to distract me from training, and when I'm with my training partner, he wants to spend the whole time working out. I don't mind so much conditioning, but he's such a **** better grappler then I am that I wanna bounce a coupla things off him, see if they work.