PDA

View Full Version : Internal Finger Training???

taijiquan_student
09-02-2001, 05:24 PM
I know in many external arts you train your finger(tips) to be able to strike, full power. This generally involves conditioning and hardening the fingers. I was just curious, does anybody know of any way to train the fingers to be able to strike that is purely internal--none of the stuff that gets you terrible arthritis later on? Of course, I would never practice from what I get on the internet, but I was just wondering about an internal way to strengthen the fingers for striking.
Thanks,
T.S.

Paul Skrypichayko
09-02-2001, 07:27 PM
Shaolin One Finger Zen (Shaolin Yi Zhi Chan). The famous monk Hai Deng Fa Shi was an expert in this skill, and demonstrated it by poking holes in punching bags and standing on one finger.

Kumkuat
09-02-2001, 09:28 PM
I think the only internal way is to just develope your jing so you can express it to your finger tips. Yan GaoFei showed a demo where he made a fist and stuck out his pinky. Then Yan got this guy to push down on the side of Yan's pinky finger with his arm and he couldn't push it down.

TheBigToad
09-02-2001, 10:23 PM
Internal finger skill is something that is brought about through time and pratice. If you walk the cirlce and concentrate heavily on the fingers and energy moving through them in a years time you'll have some notable finger skill too.
It couldn't be more simple.

I am the big toad and this is my pond.

origenx
09-03-2001, 04:03 AM
Paul - yes, I believe I saw the video of that monk. He'd poke holes thru big canvas? sandbags, leaving sand pouring out and stand on just one finger (but with legs against wall for balance).

I have no idea how he trained for that, however, and the video didn't explain it either...

count
09-04-2001, 01:50 PM
Simple one: Put your finger tips together (and thumb tips) and push.

Finger tip push ups are good for internal strength.

Not sure about arthrites risks, everyone is different. If the push ups are too hard, try leaning forward against a wall with your fingers supporting you.

Count

Kabooom.com (http://kabooom.com)

Chi Kung International (http://chikungintl.com)

Stranger
09-04-2001, 03:36 PM
I made a post on the main forum entitled "Two Finger Chan". It concerned a chi kung skill demoed by Master Tao.

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

origenx
09-04-2001, 07:25 PM
stranger - care to post the link to that "2-finger" article? Thanks!